Chapter 56: Traitor

SEBASTIAN

"And... The highest exam scores," I breathed in heavily. My eyes went directly to Allison who's in front of me, facing the other way.

"Miss Monteverde, Congratulations." When our homeroom teacher mentioned her name, The class went dead quiet. What a bunch of stuck up idiots.

"Directly behind miss Monteverde is,"

"Mister Castel." My gaze shot up at the professor who smiled at me proudly.

"Mag-ingat ka, Allison. Sebastian's average is just two points behind." Biro ng professor.

"Though, I remind you students. Ang result ng final exams niyo wont decide your final G.P.A." I looked up at professor Recto.

"Your final project will heavily affect your grades." She said, Emphasizing the word heavily. My eyes narrowed. At this point, Allison has literally sealed the spot for summa cum laude. Unless...

As if on cue, Allison's hair swung as she tilted her body back just to smile at me. I couldn't help but stare at the corner of her lips. They have those cute little indents that emphasizes her smile.

"Congrats, I'm proud of you." The second time she said that. I don't know why she keeps saying that.

Parang alam niyang siya ang unang taong nagsabi sa akin 'non.

"Thanks... Congratulations din." I swear, I tried. I tried my best to smile. Act natural. I know damn well I'm amazing at acting pero for some reason It's so hard to pretend when I'm with her.

She smiled back before facing the board again.

"Bakit ang tahimik mo?" Tinitigan ko si Allison, Which is hard when we're both standing up and it looks like she sitting.

"Wala, It's hard to talk to you kasi. Ang sakit sa leeg." I joked, Trying to hide the fact that I'll betray her again.

"Loko!" Tumawa si Al. Gusto ko mag-sorry sa kaniya. Gusto kong bumawi. Even if she doesn't know it.

I looked around to see that the issue against her- Us, hasn't died out as fast as I expected it to. But Allison seemed to be handling it well, Considering that literally everyone in this university is eyeing her.

I gulped as my fingers trailed the delete bar on my keyboard. I stared at what's meant to be the first page of our research. My teeth sunk into my bottom lip.

Written by: Prince Sebastian Castel
Allison________________________

I breathed in and pursed my lips.

"Al, I'm sorry..." I whispered to myself as the tip of my finger slowly pressed down on the delete key, every letter being removed from her name felt harder to erase than the last.

Written by:Prince Sebastian Castel

This feels awful. No flowery or poetic words to describe this feeling. Just plain awful. Evil, even.

I stood up from my desk and shut the computer off, Not even sure if the changes on the file have been saved.

I stared down at the pill box resting in my bedside table. I haven't taken these in exactly three weeks today and I feel as miserable as when I did. Honestly these 'medicine' are starting to make me feel like an idiot. I feel scammed. None io these weirdly shaped pills 'cure' neither my anxiety or depression.

They hide it. They push it inside my brain until I can't act like I have emotions. I closed my eyes shut, Pressing my eyelids together.

"Sebastian, Anak..." Mom cried as she tiptoed to embrace me. My dad and I made eye contact for exactly five seconds before he looked away.

The ringing got louder. Mae's name displayed on my phone screen.

"Anak, Ano bang nangyari? Forgive me and your father for leaving you in the U.S." Mom sobbed. From the looks of it, It doesn't really feel like dad is asking for forgiveness.

Tanginga ring yan. Still hasn't stopped no matter how much I get lost in the replays.

"Let's go home, Anak." The first time I actually felt guilty over what I did was when I saw how broken my mom looked.

"What the fuck do you want?!" Tahinik ang kabilang linya. Now she isn't talking? She kept ringing my phone and now she's not talking?

"Seb..?" I-

My eyebrows met.

"God,"

"Hey, Al. I'm sorry. I thought you were someone else... Why'd you call?" I sighed.

"Seb..." My lips parted when I realized that she wasn't just talking, She was sobbing.

"Al? What happened?" I asked, Worried. I swear I can literally hear her breathe shaking. My mind started to race.

If she figured out what I was doing she'd be furious, Right? She wouldn't react this way... Right?

"Nasaan ka?"

"Nasa house. Why? What's happening? Are you okay?"

"Hindi ko alam, May ginagawa ka ba?" She continued to whimper, Every word starting to sound weaker and weaker.

"Si Axe kasi... Nag-usap kami tapo-"

"I'll pick you up."