Chapter 71: Boys Like Girls

SEBASTIAN

I gasped for air when I felt my head tilting to it's side. Undoubtedly, lasing parin ako. Adrenaline nalang ang nagpapatakbo sa akin.

"Focus, Seb... Focus..." I whispered to myself as I shoved as much clothes and personal belongings into the biggest travel suit case I own.

An image of ate Serenity doing the exact same thing as I watched directly outside of her door flashed in my mind. Hindi ko alam kung lasing lang ba ako o magandang idea ba 'to. I may be stupid for leaving right this moment, and I'd be screwed if Allison doesn't come with me.

"Anything's worse than this, Seb... Think about it..." I whispered, Convincing myself that this is an great idea. A amazing idea.

I shot away from the suitcase and gripped my hair with both of my hands, aggressively combing and pulling the strands.

"Allison is in danger... You don't have a choice..." I whispered between heavy breathes and gritted teeth. I breathed in as much air as my lungs could take and rushed to continue mindlessly throwing my stuff in the case.

I breathed in and out loudly, trying to prevent a panic attack as I looked down at the flight of stairs infront of me. Kung hind dahil sa kotse ko, I would've jumped out the window or climbed down the secret exit from my closet. I gulped before clutching the suitcase about my shoulder, carrying it like a huge sack. Kapag binaba ko ito, Panigurado it will make a sound.

The mansion was brightly lit as well, Which didn't help. If anyone were to accidentally walk in on me trying to escape, Hindi ako makakapagtago. I took every step down the stairs with caution. Slowly, but surely making my way down to the last few steps. I  breathed in, Pigil hininga ang pagbaba ko and now I'm near the main door.

I turned the knob as slow as I can. Nanginginig ang kamay ko. When I heard the quiet click on the latch, doon ko unti unting binuksan ang pinto, letting out air from my lungs the same time the door creaked open.

I kept in mind my steps, Nangangawit na ako sa pahkakabuhat ko sa maleta. But if I put it down the suitcase, the wheels would make a sound on the concrete pavement.

I almost ran towards my car when I finally saw it in the distance.

"Oh my God..." My breathe was shaking, so were my hands and knees. Pero andito na ako, sa harap ng sasakyan ko. I am so lucky that I didn't park it inside the garage.

I gulped as I carefully lifted each key from the bunch. Kahit nagmamadali ako, hindi ko pwedeng basta basta halungkatin ang key chain.

Bago ko pa maipasok ang susi sa lock ng door, My whole body froze. I felt like I got drenched with ice cold water. I heard a very faint gasp behind me.

"Sebastian..." Kahit papaano I felt easier when I heard my mother whisper my name.

"What are you doing?" I slowly dropped the bag to the ground before facing her. With tears in her eyes, she stared into my soul, worried.

"Mom, I can expla-"

"Go." My eyebrows met.

"What?"

"Sebastian, Anak..." She took a step closer before gently laying one palm on my cheek. I melted with her touch, sinandal ko ang mukha ko sa kamay nito.

"I'm sorry. Patawarin mo si mommy. I'm a coward, anak. Pero ikaw? Hindi..." She said softly. Sabay na bumagsak ang luha namin.

"I'm sorry I can't protect you... Umalis ka na." I clenched my jaw, I didn't want to breakdown sobbing right now. I couldn't.

"Mom... I'm sorry..." I cried quietly. She shook her head and gently hushed me.

"Okay lang... If I had a choice, Basti. Gagawin ko. Hindi ko papabayaang mawala kayo ng kapatid mo sa piling ko,"

"Sana mapatawad mo ako." I smiled in the tears flowing down my eyes. I nodded.

"I love you, Mom." Siya naman ang ngumiti, Despite her bloodshot red and puffy eyes.

"Go. Baka maabutan ka pa ng ama mo." I stared at her. Hindi ko magawa. Hindi ako nagiisip. I can't just leave mom here with this monster-

"Sebastian, Go." She let go of my face before forcing something that felt like thick plastic in my hand.

"What-"

"It's an ATM card. I invested in two for both you and your sister. In case something like this happens." This is when I realized that my mom knew that. That he's a monter.

"Mom, You can't stay here-"

"Go." Her voice was firm. Parang nagmamakaawa na umalis na ako.

"But-"

"Sebastian. I'll open the gates."

"What if he catches you-"

"Go." Hindi na ako sumagot. I entered my car and started the engine. Lucky for me, I was in one of my most quiet car models. I watched as mom held onto her robe, cautiously running towards the gate and opening it as stealthily as she can possibly do so. From here, I can see the worry and fear in her face. I gulped, Mon stepped away from the gate.

Hindi na magpapapigil si mama. The best I can do is get out of here as quick as possible.

I got the chance to look back at her when my car entered the driveway. She...

Wasn't even looking at me. Nagmamadali siyang isara ang gate pero I know she's crying.

I looked at the road ahead and then to the digital clock attached to my radio.

3:35 A.M.

I pushed down the acceleration, Praying that Allison would be awake right now.