fifty

i did it all
i owned every second that this world could give
saw so many places, the things that I did
and with every broken bone,
i swear I lived
—————

"I've just gotten off the phone with Sophia." Millie smiled, walking into Finn's living room and taking her rightful place on his lap. He didn't look towards her, his eyes glued to the tv with his headset sat on top of his curls as his thumbs moved quickly over the controller buttons.

"That's good, is she ok?" He asked, trying to engage in the conversation and still battle his brother at the same time.

"Actually, she's fine." Millie shrugged. "I think I overreacted, ignoring it seemed like the best plan so, thank you. Plus, I think Iris is getting expelled for a while, so that's a good thing."

Finn nodded with a small smile on his face. "I told you, I'm a very wise guy - I'm not talking to you Nick."

Millie rolled her eyes as he spilled profanities to his brother, even though Nick was just upstairs from the two.

"Anyway." Millie said, taking his head set off of his ears before cupping his face in her hands. "Merry Christmas Eve. I'm so glad we decided to spent it together before spending Christmas with our parents tomorrow. And thank you for my gift, I love it."

Finn smiled, eyes flicking back and forth from Millie's eyes and her lips, although this was a regular thing. He gifted her a bunch of her favourite books as well as Post Malone tickets for the both of them for his next tour. When she saw the tickets, she cried for a solid ten minutes before nearly hugging Finn to death.

"You're welcome, it's gonna be great." Finn nodded, excited for the concert himself. "And thank you for my gift."

Millie got Finn the headset he was currently using, along with 5 new games for his Xbox that his mother gave to him for his birthday. One of the games included Fortnite, which he was over the moon with.

"I'm kind of regretting getting it for you now." Millie shrugged, placing the headset back on his ears for him, getting off of his lap to walk towards her phone. "I'm not gonna see you for days now."

"Sorry babe, you got to pay the price. Do you wanna play a game of Fortnite?"

"Of course." Millie replied, "but I'm gonna order in first, what should we get?"

"Oh, I could go with a Sammy's. I've been thinking about their burgers all week." Finn pleaded, eyes back on the screen for a few minutes before eventually being killed. "Okay, are we playing duo's?"

"We sure are." Millie nodded, sitting down after ordering their food, grabbing a controller for herself as she rested her legs across Finn's lap as they both sat on the couch.

She looked at the position they're in, happily sighing to herself before turning her attention on the TV, where they both kicked ass as a duo. On the game and in real life.

one week later

"Okay, so what's our New Year's Eve plans? We can't stay in and we have to do something all together like last year." Gaten stated, sitting forward in his seat as he examined everyone. It was like he was taking on the full leader role, Sadie found it amusing.