twenty one

oh baby, oh man,
you're making me crazy,
really driving me mad
————————

"So." Sadie slurred. Millie practically snorted at the low and slow rate Sadie was speaking in, it nearly make Millie choke on her own spit. She couldn't stop smiling, it felt like she had a hanger lodged in her pretty little mouth. Her cheeks hurt and she was pretty sure her makeup was smudged from all the laughing and she was sweating so much she was fanning herself with a drink menu. "Everyone having fun?"

"Oh god, I think I gotta pee." Grace stood up, nearly tripling on her feet before wadding over to the bathrooms.

"Is anyone gonna help her?" Maddie questioned, pointing at Grace, who in fact looked like a baby deer taking their first steps.

"Nah." Millie shouted. "Grace!"

"Hm?" Grace replied, turning around to face Millie as she was about to enter the bathroom. Her eyes were closed which made Sadie spit out a bit of her drink.

"She'll be fine. You're fine Grace! Go pee!" Millie shouted back, to which Grace nodded and entered the bathroom. "Is anyone gonna tell her that she just went into the boys bathroom?"

"No, she'll learn." Maddie shrugged. "So, has anyone picked out their prom dresses yet?"

"Jesus, Mad." Millie slurred. "Prom is like 7 months away."

"You gotta be prepared." Maddie shook her head, stirring her drink with a thin black straw.

"Prepared how?" Millie questioned.

"Well, you need to make sure no one has the same dress as you, always number one priority." Sadie stated.

"True." Maddie interrupted.

"Then," Sadie continued. "You need to make sure that you have a make up person booked in, if you book it too late no one would be available."

"Same applies for a hair stylist." Maddie interrupted again, pointing her straw towards Sadie.

"Oh god, guys." Millie said, running her hands through her hair. "Now you're just making me feel like I'm years behind."

"Let's forget about that!" Sadie laughed, raising her drink up in the air, causing the other girls to mirror her actions. "To my best friend, to this night and let's have as much fun as possible!"

—————

"Dude." Finn shook his head. "I hope they don't get too drunk tonight."

"It's Millie's birthday, man. You know how she gets." Noah shrugged, not tearing his eyes away from the tv screen. His thumbs moved with the PlayStation remote faster than a hummingbirds wings and his tongue poked out of his lips.

"Yeah, she's not the type to not drink to celebrate her birthday." Caleb pipped in.

Finn sighed. "It's not that, I want her to get wasted and have fun but I hope she doesn't over do it and spend early hours crying and puking over the toilet."

"It's Millie, dude." Gaten said, making a stupid face at Finn as his attention went back to Noah shooting Zombies. "It wouldn't be a good night without it."