one

"It's the biggest party of the year, Millie. We have to go." Sadie whined, practically begging on her knees. Her fiery red hair was tied up in a high pony tail as her cheeks flushed as red as her hair because of the sun they were previously bathing in earlier.

"Thing is, Sadie, I'm not much of a party goer. So, give me one good reason why I should go to this party?" Millie replied, laying on her back on Sadie's bed and staring at her white ceiling.

"I could name a few."

"Oh really?" Millie sat up and raised her eyebrow. "I'm intrigued, name these reasons, please."

"Okay, fine." Sadie said confidently, which didn't make Millie feel good about this one bit. She knew she already lost. "One, when we go back to school we'll be seniors! This is like our last time all together as juniors."

"I need a better reason than that." Millie sassed.

"Oh trust me," Sadie laughed, "I'm not finished."

"Sorry for interrupting. Please, continue."

"Two. It's Caleb's party. I'll be the worst girlfriend ever if I don't go."

"Okay." Millie surrendered, "I'll give you that one. Anymore?"

"Just one that could be the game changer."

"Shoot."

"Wolfhard will be there." As soon as Sadie said that name, Millie felt like she was drop kicked to the lower stomach.

"Hold up, how do you know this?" Millie asked, now standing, feeling too sick to sit down.

"Well, I'm still friends with him and he's my boyfriends best friend. I know these things." Sadie shrugged smirking, knowing that she would be persuaded.

"What the fuck am I going to wear? Sadie, the party is tonight I need to look good. And when I mean good I mean go-"

"Chill!" Sadie laughed, grabbing Millie by the shoulders. "We can go to the mall. Any suggestions?" Sadie asked, starting to walk down the stairs which made Millie follow her like a lost puppy.

Millie didn't know how to feel, I mean, she hasn't seen or spoken to him since the start of summer.

flashback

"So, you two just talk?" Millie asked, standing up next to Finn's bed with her arms crossed. Her cheeks were red and her foot was tapping continuously on the carpeted floor. She was pissed.

Finn rubbed his face with both of his hands and groaned out loud.

"Yes, were friends Mills. I don't know why you can't see that."

"No." Millie stated. "You're not friends, she's your ex. You were together for a year and everybody in school knows she's still obsessed with you. And she's gorgeous and I'm- I'm angry!" Millie whisper shouted, knowing his parents were only on the floor below. "It doesn't make me feel good when you two text when you are not with me and you always delete your guys' conversations. I don't want to be one of those crazy girlfriends that tells you you can't have friends but-"