thirty four

you see him when you close your eyes
maybe one day you'll under stand why
everything you touch, oh it dies
——————

"Are you telling me what I think you're telling me?" Sadie asked Millie, head in her hands.

Millie nodded, bottom lip stuck out and her eyebrows furrowed. "I've repeated myself about three times now."

"I'm just trying to grasp this insane fucking concept." Sadie said, looking up at Millie. "You both are insane."

"How are we insane?" Millie asked.

"You two are in love. Friends with benefits are supposed to be strictly friends with no history. You and Finn - are far from just friends and you know it."

Millie knew she was right, but the fact that she slept with Finn last night, it clouded her judgement. After they shared that kiss in the car, she wasn't sad anymore.

They just got back from breakfast in which Finn didn't attend. She left him in bed that morning and came back to nothing. It was sad, actually, but they weren't together and she shouldn't expect these little things anymore.

"Friends with benefits." Finn said between kisses. "How hard could it be."

"You need to be quiet, my dad has ears like a hawk." Millie gasped when Finn started kissing her neck.

"Well, I can't promise anything."

Millie got snapped out of her days by Sadie hitting her in the arm.

"Ow!" She shouted. "What was that for?"

"Your stupidity! This is never gonna work, you're just going to end up hurt, again!" Sadie replied, standing up and flailing her arms around.

"Well, we're doing what we're doing and I don't care what you think." Millie said, crossing her arms in front of her. "Well, I do care what you think so stop judging me!"

"I'm not judging you." Sadie sighed. "You know what, whatever. But if and when this blows up in your face, I am going to say I told you so."

"I know you will."

"I swear I will." Sadie confirmed.

——————

It was finally Monday, which means, everyone was going back to school for their second term.

Millie wore a cropped black, long-sleeved top and blue jeans with a black belt. She then slipped on her white converse and hung a red denim jacket over her shoulders.

Her hair was slicked back into a low bun and sun glasses were sat on top of her head. The day was sunny, which was rare, so it was nice that she could make the most of her sunglasses, she had hundreds.

She actually didn't feel alienated for once, she was happy. She was glowing actually, she was excited to see Finn, to see her friends. She hasn't seen him since that night actually, so she was eager to even be within his company at this point.

Sadie was waiting downstairs as she was driving them both today. They both drove to school, gossiping about god knows and telling one another their class schedules for the second term.