thirty seven

I watch them other girls
when they come and bug you
but I felt like I knew you
so I just wanted to hug you
you're such a dream to me
———————

"Hi Elle."

Millie heard the familiar name and as soon as she did she shuffled closer towards the hallway, trying to stay in her seat.

After hearing that particular name, her nostrils flared and her temples became hot. She covered it up though, running her hand through her hair and turning her head in the opposite direction to make it look like she wasn't eavesdropping.

"Oh yeah, just text me the details." She heard Finn say. Winona looked up and saw the look on her daughters face. She could read Millie like a book so when Millie finally made eye contact with her mother, Winona raised her eyebrows in question.

Millie shook her head as a polite way of telling her mother to stay out of it. Winona nodded, getting the memo before grabbing her work bag, saying goodbye to Millie and a silent wave of her hand to Finn in which he gracefully returned the gesture.

Text him the details? Do they text often? Millions of questions clouded her mind as she tried to shake them off with the sound of his voice alone.

Millie stood up to put her plate in the sink as she filled it with hot bubbly water. She tucked her hair behind her ear with her wet hand, getting a better sense of what's being said on his part.

"I'm so thankful for this, honestly. I'll see you there tomorrow?"

This is when Millie's head whipped around, her neck became hot and felt like what sprite tasted like. It tingled but she didn't show that she was in agony at that moment, it wasn't the most important thing to worry about. Him meeting her was.

"You're doing what now?"

It came out of Millie's mouth so quick that Finn looked up with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I got to go. Speak soon?" Finn said into the phone as he hung up as quickly as he possibly could. "It was about the gig tomorrow night." He then said to Millie, in hopes to cool down the fire just a tad.

Millie then nodded, not relieved but tried to push the jealousy to the side and look happy for the fact that Finn booked his first gig. She was happy for him, he really enjoyed his music and she thought he was extremely talented.

"When's the gig?" She asked, smile creeping on her face and her voice was heightened a little.

"Tomorrow night."

"I know you said that, I meant what time."

Finn knew something was off about her tone but he really did appreciate the fact that she wasn't letting her personal feelings bother her obvious jealousy.

"6pm, I'm gonna text everybody now and let them know."

Millie nodded, reminding Finn that she was meeting up with Caleb and Sadie that day since he invited himself along.

"Are you ok?" He pushed, walking up to Millie by the sink as he ran his hand gently up and down her back. She sighed and closed her eyes at the warm, familiar feeling as she turned to face him.