eighteen

it feels like there's oceans
between me and you
once again
we hide our emotions
under the surface
trying to pretend
———————

Finn's foot tapped on the dingy floor as his eyes were in the form of slits while looking in the direction of Millie. Jacob was next to her, flipping the pages in some book that they found out that they mutually love.

He was sitting close, too close for Finn's comfort as his eyes didn't leave the two. If he were anyone else, he could've easily assumed they were a couple.

He scoffed once more at the thought as his eyes fell back onto her. Her head rolled back in laughter as she hit the table softly and Finn somehow found himself smiling at the simplicity of her laughter.

His expression then became neutral as his eyes flicked to the boy that's practically attached to her hip.

"Dude, you good?" Noah asked, tapping Finn on the back which made him jump at the sudden harsh contact.

"Me? Yeah, yeah I'm good. Why?" Finn replied, his eyes still remained tactful on the two.

"Nothing." Noah said, shrugging. "You just seemed, distracted, that's all."

Finn scoffed at his comment, taking his phone out of his pocket and pressing dial on her name.

It rang a couple of times until he saw her take her phone out of her bag. She slightly smiled at his contact name before pressing the end call button and shoving her phone back into her bag.

For her, she did feel bad but it was really nothing. She thought it was rude to answer the phone to someone while having a conversation with another person, no matter who it is. Even if it was the love of her life.

He then catches her eye, she gives him the same goddamn look that makes it harder and harder and fucking harder for him to breathe like a regular human being. His heart sped like a hummingbird flew and he swore he could hear his heartbeat in his ears.

Before he knew it, his feet were taking him further and quicker than his mind could fathom. His long legs took big strides towards the pair, Millie's shoulders immediately sinking. She knew he was feeling threatened and it killed her to even think for a second that he doubted her loyalty.

"Hey guys!" Finn shouted enthusiastically. His voice was higher than usual and the fake smile that was plastered on his pretty little face was painfully obvious to Millie. She turned to Jacob and scoffed at the fact that he smiled back with the same amount of falseness the love of her life carried. She also didn't know how Jacob didn't pick up on the fact that Finn was shooting daggers from the other side of the table.

"Finn! How's it going?" Jacob replied, leaning over slightly to tap Finn's shoulder, greeting him as he sat back in his seat.

Finn looked at his shoulder and stared at it for a good 6 seconds before replying.

"Good man, just coming over to check on my girlfriend and one of her friends."

Millie wanted to slide under the table there and then, hoping to never be seen again. She knew her cheeks tinted red as her face felt inflamed. It was wild, she was embarrassed.