forty

guess that we just really had the thunder
ain't nobody else said I'd be under
beautiful, beautiful life right now
beautiful, beautiful night right now
———————

thursday afternoon

"It's going to be amazing, getting away from everything is just what I need right now." Millie said as Finn drove to Sadie's. They all were going to meet there and then follow Finn and Millie up to the cabin.

"It very well would be. It's nice to go away with you again, we really deserve this."

"We do, don't we?" Millie laughed, lifting their interlocked hands and kissing the back of his sloppily.

"Ew." Finn whined. "You got all your spit on my hand."

Millie shrugged, unbuckling her seatbelt as they arrived at Sadie's house. "Deal with it."

They walked in and Millie automatically smiled seeing Sadie's mother sitting on the couch.

"Hey!" Millie smiled, walking over to Sadie's mother and kissed her on the cheek.

"Hey Millie. Hi Finn!" Mrs sink waved behind Millie to find Finn waving back with a big smile. He was always good with parents.

"Hi Mrs Sink." Finn said. "Are the others upstairs."

"Yeah." Sadie's mother nodded, flicking through the channels on the TV. "Oh, tell you're mother when you're back to give me a call, I got a new phone so I haven't got her number."

"I can text it to you if you like?" Millie offered, pulling out her phone after Sadie's mum gracefully accepted.

The two then walked up the stairs, finding everyone in Sadie's room.

"It's about time!" Caleb hollered, standing up and grabbing his suitcase, eager to get into the car and go.

"Babe, chill. We have all day." Sadie shook her head, picking up clothes from her floor and putting them in the white hamper.

"I'm with Caleb, I wanna go now I'm inpatient." Noah said, rapping Caleb on the back as he lifted his own suitcase and duffel bag.

"If you're so impatient then put all our shit in the car." Gaten smirked, throwing down the magazine he was previously reading on Sadie's bed.

"Why can't you?" Caleb defended.

"Because I-"

"You know what," Millie interrupted. "Let's all leave now, come on let's go before you guys start world war three."

Caleb narrowed his eyes at Gaten before descending the staircase and waving goodbye to Sadie's mum.

"Ok, me and Millie in her car. Gaten, you can drive Sadie's car and take the others." Finn said to Gaten, opening the drivers door and plopping himself down as he shoved the keys into the engine.

"Good luck!" Millie shouted to Sadie, referencing to the three boys she's stuck with for over an hour."

"I'm gonna need it." Sadie replied, checking everyone's luggage was loaded before jumping in the back with Gaten.