twenty eight

try to deny it as much as you want
but in time our feelings will show
sooner or later
we'd wonder why we gave up
truth is we'll never know
——————

Finn sat across from the girl. Sure, she was attractive but she was nothing compared to the one girl that he had on his mind.

"Thanks for letting me sit with you. I'm waiting for my friend and I didn't really wanna stand alone." The girl smiled. She seemed sweet, really sweet and Finn couldn't help but slightly smile at her.

"It's fine." Finn nodded, his smile slowly deteriorating from his face. "I don't mean to sound rude but I've completely forgotten your name."

The girl laughed slightly, placing her cup down in front of her with both of her hands.

"Elle, we have Biology and Music together."

Finn nodded, slightly embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I've been distracted lately..."

"Don't feel like you need to explain yourself." Elle said, showing off her straight teeth with a two second smile. "You're really talented you know, when it comes to music."

Finn's head shot up; that was the last thing he expected her to say. "You think?"

Finn never really knew how to take compliments from anyone but Millie. She'd always call him 'gorgeous' as a nickname and he'd get so used to it, it didn't really hit him as a compliment and it come off as more of a nickname.

Millie always said she adored Finn's voice, it was perfectly imperfect and not many people warm to his sense in music or his style of his song choices when performing with his band at school. It was music that certain people became accustomed too and Millie absolutely loved it.

"Of course. I love the indie vibe. Reminds me of Twin Peaks."

"You know who Twin Peaks are?" Finn asked, mouth slightly agape. Today was just full of surprises.

"Of course I do." Elle replied, acting like it was a stupid question.

The door opened and a girl around a similar age came in and smiled as her eyes landed on Elle.

"My friends here." Elle said, swinging her bag around her shoulder and leaning down to grab her drink. "Thanks again, Finn."

"You're welcome."

"Hope to see you around soon?" Elle said, although it came across as more of a question. Finn stuttered, before shooting a smile and nodding.

"Sure."

Elle walked out with her friend who Finn believed was Macy who was also in his Biology class. He couldn't really shake the conversation off of his mind, he tried to blow it off by blaming it on the surprising fact that she listened to Twin Peaks or she actually liked his genre of music. Although, there was a minuscule voice in the back of his mind saying maybe it was a little bit more than being surprised.

———————

From: Finn

Can we meet?