thirty eight

see me, I got you covered
im gon' be your lover you might be the one
(rip mac miller🖤)
——————

Everyone was confused. The party looked around the room, whispering and miming words to each other even though they could make out half of what the other was saying.

Noah stood in the middle of the room fiddling with his thumbs nervously. While Finn, Gaten, Caleb and Sadie all sat forward with confused looks on their faces, Millie sat back. She looked brightly at one of her best friends, encouraging him with eye contact to just say it.

He hasn't confirmed any thing to Millie yet, but she just knew. She felt in her heart that he wasn't being himself and it was the most heart wrenching think to witness one of the most important people in your life feeling like they can't be yourself.

Noah caught her eye for a second, she smiled and nodded slightly, silently telling him it was okay.

It was okay.

Millie fiddled with the button on Finn's sleeve, nervous but excited for what was about to come. She was happy for him and she really hoped he'd actually tell them. 

"I have something to tell you guys and I'm really nervous and scared so please, just hear me out."

"Sure, bud." Gaten said, sitting forward, more invested into what's to come.

"I-I uh, so.."

"Say it, Noah." Caleb nodded, holding back his tears while looking at the vulnerable boy in front of him. Caleb thought he felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. "We're not gonna love you any less."

Noah nodded, chest risen and fell as the worlds were being prepared to drop off of his tongue with no ease at all, with hesitation but a huge overwhelming sense of relief that comes with it.

"I'm gay."

Finn was the first to stand up, taking one long stride before wrapping his arms around Noah. Feeling how much he was shaking and his wet back indicated how scared he really was. His breath was shaky as his hands were trying to remain in tact and dry when in reality it was the complete opposite.

"That doesn't make you any different." Sadie added, nodding her head as she ruffled his hair.

"So, got a boyfriend? Anyone you like?" Gaten shrugged his shoulders and Finn pushed him.

"Fucking shut up Gaten, he's only just come out!"

"I was generally asking and interested, Finn! You don't need to result to violence."

Finn flipped off Gaten behind Noah's back, while Millie pulled Noah out of everyone's grip.

"I'm so proud of you." Millie whispered, lightly hitting his shoulder like a proud older sister.

"None of you seem surprised?" Noah questioned, scratching the back of his neck.

"Do you want us to act surprised? We can if that's what you want?" Sadie rolled her eyes at Caleb's stupidity.

"Okay." Noah sighed, whispering under his breath, "I'm gay."

———————