fifty one (bonus chapter)

oh can't you see, you belong to me
and my poor heart aches
with every step you take
——————

4 years later

"Happy 22nd birthday babe." Finn grinned, clinking his wine glass with hers. Her hand was rested upon his knee underneath the table, his scent filled her nostrils and she found it was something she craved when they were separated for a short time. Especially when Finn's gone to do a show with his band or when Millie's at work or college.

They were proud of each other, they were different from what they were like 4 years ago. Millie no longer got jealous over Elle, she realised that she was his and he was hers, only hers and that's all she could ask for.

Finn didn't seethe when he heard Jacob's name either - well, that was partly true. He still hated the guys guts but he didn't think about that anymore. His main focus was his relationship with the woman he absolutely adored.

A small, single candle sat in the middle of the small squared table they were sat around. The smell of food devoured them and made Millie's taste buds tingle, she was tipsy on prosecco and high on her feelings for the boy sat opposite her in a all black suit which she could help but stare at. His curls sat on top of his head perfectly and he had an extra glint in his eyes tonight, maybe it had something to do with the girl sat opposite him.

"I feel old." Millie scrunched her nose as she took a sip of her champagne, leaving a pink lipstick mark on the rim. The table wasn't that large, which allowed Finn to pull her in from the back of her neck and place his lips on top of hers. She missed him, it was the first time she was seeing him since coming back from doing a few shows in Europe. These small, delicate moments where the ones she cherished, the ones she'd take a mental picture of and file away in the back of her memory cabinet to be kept forever.

That's what the two felt like, forever.

"Don't be ridiculous." Finn chucked once his lips left hers, her thumb stroked over the back of his hand lovingly. It was like the two hasn't grown out of the honeymoon stage - she was thankful for this.

"You're 23."

"Indeed I am." Finn nodded, shaking his head at his girlfriend, taking a sip of his own drink.
"You know, four years ago today we were planning your 18th, remember? You were all nervous because Caleb was throwing you a party."

"Yeah." Millie laughed fondly at the faint memory.
"I was honestly not going to go."

"But then me and Sadie preformed a memorable speech for you."

"Very memorable indeed." Millie nodded. Her cheeks hurt where she couldn't stop smiling and it took the attention away from her throbbing feet that were occupied in 6 inch heels. She remembered their speeches like it was yesterday, it really felt like yesterday.

"Can I just say..." Finn started, raising his glass slightly as he looked at her lovingly in her eyes. Even though she was sat, her knees felt week and her vision suddenly became how fizzy drinks taste, her peripheral almost went black and her hard stare was completely on him. He had her full, undivided attention and she was taken back by how his lips moved while he spoke or how his eyes were firmly locked into hers.

With this intense stare, old her would feel insecure and vulnerable under it but it made her feel warm now, valued and she could see the love that dripped off of his gaze like condensation melting.