thirty nine

i can't confront you
i never could do that which might hurt you
so try and be cool
———————

Finn was in the toilet when Elle came up to Millie at the table. Sadie scooted closer to Millie when this happened for emotional support but she was also fearful.

"Hi, Millie?"

"Yeah." Millie nodded, smiling shortly at the girl. She somehow found her looks intimidating and her make up was out of this world. Elle smiled at Millie with her teeth nearly as straight as her hair.

"Finn was amazing tonight, I'm sure you're really proud."

'Who the fuck is this bitch' Sadie thought as she looked at her like she didn't even belong on Earth but luckily Elle didn't even look in her direction.

"I am, thank you for giving him this opportunity." Millie replied. Sadie was proud of her best friend for not reacting like she normally would in these type of situations.

"You're so welcome, speak soon?" Elle then said, standing up and waving sweetly at Millie before walking over to Finn and hugging him goodbye.

"I hate her."

Millie laughed aloud at Sadie's comment, smiling even more when Finn walked towards her with tiny bits of sweat on his forehead.

"You were amazing, I'm so proud of you." Millie said, pulling him in for a kiss by the back of his neck.

"I couldn't of done it if you weren't here."

"Lucky for you I was then." Millie said, pecking him on the lips once more.

"Let's get some drinks to celebrate." Finn said as Millie nodded, taking everybody's orders before walking towards the bar with her fake ID and an extra bat of her eyelash.

———————

2 days later

"Dad, I mean, would you by any chance, let me and my friends go to the cabin for a few days before we start back at school again?" Her chest tightened with nerves as she asked her dad the sacred question she'd thought she'd never ask.

David put down the paper he was currently reading and rubbed his eyes so hard that he started to see shapes and colours. Millie saw this as a bad sign, a really bad sign and all her hopes for this spontaneous, last minute get away was ruined by an expression on David's face.

"Who's 'my friends'?" David asked, setting his glasses down on the side and leaning over a bit in order to pay more attention as to what Millie was saying.

"Me, Finn, Sadie, Caleb, Gaten and Noah."

David looked at his daughter for about roughly a couple of seconds before letting out a loud sigh.

"And how would you be getting down there?"

"I uh-I have a car?" Millie said, although it came out as a question. David was asking her these questions, not because he didn't know the answers because he did but he wanted to see if Millie actually thought things through and was prepared for a trip like this.