nineteen

its not always rainbows
and butterfly's
it's compromise
it moves us along
————————

"So." Finn started, his voice was staticky as the FaceTime signal wasn't the best. His face looked pixelated at first but soon smoothed out, allowing Millie to see the face she absolutely adored. "Your birthday is tomorrow, Caleb is throwing you a party. Are you excited?"

Millie couldn't even comprehend what to feel. Wether she was excited, nervous, she had no idea. All she knew was that her hands became clammy the more she thought about it and the mere fact that a lot of people was coming to this party to celebrate her birthday made her feel like there was a massive amount of weight on her chest.

"To be honest, I'm not sure what to feel."

Finn frowned, sitting up so that his little black curls poked out of his beanie more than he anticipated. "It's the big 18, aren't you somewhat excited?"

"Uh, yeah I am."

"Do you really think you can fool me?" Finn laughed making Millie shake her head. "I know you better than anyone, spill."

Millie intertwined her hands together as she held them up to her face as innocently as she could. Finn felt like she could've melted, laughing to himself as he took a screenshot and smiled at the outcome.

"Stop acting cute and tell me

"Stop acting cute and tell me."

Millie sighed as she threw her hands down in defeat. It was irritating, she couldn't get anything past him. Yes, this may seem like a good and sweet thing but not to her, not to her because she worries when he worries about her. It's all just a stressful cycle.

"It's just a lot of pressure, you know? Everyone there for me I - I don't know."

"Mills." Finn said, shaking his head lightly. "It's a party, yeah they're partly there for you but any excuse to drink is a opportunity waiting to be met. Don't get me wrong, they will be there for you and there for the party that Caleb is throwing. You know how his party's are."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. His party's are pretty sick."

"I'm always right." Finn cheekily grinned which make Millie roll her eyes behind her camera. "Anything you want us to do tomorrow? I mean - I know I'm supposed to surprise you but I know you hate surprises and you don't say it because you want the surprise - you generally hate surprises."

"You got me there." Millie laughed. "I wanna do what we normally do. I wanna order Chinese food and watch chick flicks."