forty six

secrets I have held in my heart
are harder to hide than I thought
maybe I just wanna be yours
I wanna be yours
————

It was the build up to Halloween, evidentially it was Millie and Finn's favourite season of the year. Last year, the couple were thing one and thing two, which was voted the best costume at the party they attended that year.

Halloween was the next day but tonight Finn had a gig at the bar he once preformed at. Millie sat at home while Finn was at Ayla's rehearsing with the band.

Millie's phone then rang, interrupting her from her American Horror Story marathon. She was alone in her bedroom, buried under her thick blanket with a face mask on as she was crying over Zoe and Kyle.

"Hello?" Millie answered, eating her sandwich with one hand. She didn't bother cutting it in half because she completely forgot she didn't pause the TV, causing her to run up the stairs in panic and forgetting the simple task of cutting her sandwich.

"What're you doing?" Sadie asked.

"Something productive." Millie replied, taking another bite as her eyes glued to the TV. She briefly saw her reflection in it, furrowing her eyebrows at herself.

"Liar. I bet you're in bed right now." Sadie smirked, knowing she was, and always will be right.

"This is why we're best friends." Millie smiled, setting her food down on the plate. "What's up?"

"I thought we'd get ready together before the gig tonight."

"Sure. What's the time." Millie asked, not wanting to take her phone away from her ear to even check.

"Uh, 1:47. Get out of bed and get in the shower. I'm on my way." Sadie said. Millie could hear her gathering her keys in the background, sighing as she looked up at her ceiling.

"Or, I could wait till you get here. We can watch an episode of American Horror Story together then you can sit on the toilet while I'm in the shower to keep me company and to be my DJ of course."

"Hm." Sadie pondered. "Very tempting indeed, can I start my make up in the bathroom while your in the shower? And can I also use your MAC concealer? I've ran out."

"Sure." Millie shrugged.

"I'll be there in 10." Sadie said before hanging up the phone and leaving Millie to watch Kyle kiss Zoe's nose for the thousandth time.

—————

"I'm so nervous." Finn admitted, looking at the band set up while taking notice of all the people either sat around their tables or at the bar buying their drinks.

"I know you are." Millie soothed. "But you're gonna do great, like always. This is what you want, just think about that and let it motivate you."

"I love you. You always make me feel better."

"That's what I'm here for." Millie smiled, shrugging like she's innocent. Finn kissed her on the lips quickly before gaining a nod from Malcom.

Finn looked at Millie one more time, nodding before taking the stage and putting his guitar strap over his shoulder.

"Hi, hi everybody. Finn said into the mic as he tuned his guitar. "We're Calpurnia, I uh-hope we play up to standards tonight."