Mother's Day

On May 13, 2018, was Emma's first Mother's Day of being an official mommy to a newborn. Killian got up early as usual. Killian takes Hope out of her cradle, "Little Hope, today is Mother's Day which means little lass that you give Mommy extra love on her special day." He gives her little kisses on her cheeks. He takes Hope with him to the kitchen so she does not wake her mom up. Henry eventually joins them in the kitchen setting up Emma's breakfast on a tray. Henry also set up their presents for Emma that he hid in the shed. Killian carried Emma's breakfast tray and Henry carried Hope and their presents. "Hope, we are going to give Mommy her presents that we made. She will love them." He kisses Hope on the head. Killian opens the door and the kids go on their bed to wake up Emma. "Mom, Happy Mother's Day!" Emma wakes up the voice Henry and sees Hope with him on her bed. Killian sets down Emma's breakfast. "Thank you, Henry and Hope." Emma sits up on her bed and hugs them both. "Mom, Hope and I both got you something."
"Let's see what you both got me." Henry hands over the gift bag and sits next to his mom. Killian holds Hope while Henry was giving his gift to Emma. There were two boxes inside the bag, Emma first took out the tall box. She opens the box and takes out a handmade mug, the mug has everything that represented her, her yellow bug car, swords, sheriff badge, swan, hot cocoa, being the savior and books. "Henry, you made this for me?"
"Yes, Mom I did."
"Henry come here." She gives him a big hug. "Thank you."
"You are my Mom and I love you. You deserve the best." He hugs her. "Here is a card that I made."
Emma read the card that Henry made her and she cried. "Kid, I love it." She gives him another tight hug and kissed him on the head. Hope made a little noise, "Mom, there is one more box to open." Killian hands over Hope to Henry so she can be nearby Emma when she opens her gift. "Hope, what did you get me baby girl?" She kisses Hope on the head and opens the box. The present was Hope's feet in clay that was painted, "To Mommy, Love, Hope." Emma had more tears. "Hope, you made this for mommy?" Henry gives Hope to Emma and she kisses Hope on the head."Who helped you with your first art project?"
"Mom, I did."
"Henry, it was your idea?"
"Yes, Hope did not like her feet getting dirty."
"Hope, you did this for mommy?" Thank you, baby." She kisses Hope on the head and gets Henry to join their hug. Of course, Killian took photos of Emma with their kids. "Henry, what are your plans for today?"
"Regina is having a brunch at Granny's. I have not seen them in a while."
"Your grandma called that we are having dinner at their house tonight, can you make it?"
"Sure. I can come tonight. Since it is Mother's Day what do you want to do?"
"I am not sure yet." She looks at Killian. "I was thinking we can walk by the marina since it is supposed to be a nice day out."
"Mom, since I am still here can we spend some time together?"
"Henry, of course, we can, you made me a mom after all." She gives him a hug. Hope began to fuss. "Hope are you hungry? Let me feed you, baby." Killian gets Emma burp towel as Emma preps to feed Hope. Hope latched on quickly. Emma gives Hope a little kiss on the forehead. She looks at Henry."Henry, what do you want to do today?"
"Can we paint or draw?"
"Sure, kid.
"Does it hurt when Hope eats from you?"
"It was painful for the first few days but I am used to it. As long as she is happy eating from me, I am happy. I love her snuggles. Since I could not breastfeed you.. that pain was one of the most painful things I went through."
"Mom, I am sorry. I did not mean for you to get sad." He hugs his mom.
"Henry, I wanted to keep you."
"Mom, I know. I love you no matter what. I just love spending time with you and with Hope."
"We love you too, Henry." Henry leaned on Emma's shoulder and gave Hope his finger, which she stopped eating and grabbed his finger. Henry and Emma laughed. "Hope, you got a little spit up baby." She used the burp towel to wipe off the spit off Hope. "Hope, you got to finish eating before you play with Henry." Henry kissed Hope's little hand. Killian was at the door taking pictures of the three of them.
"Mom, even though you did not raise me from the start, you are always going to be my first family and I love our family, Dad, and Hope."
"We all love you too, Henry. You know that already." She kisses him on the head.
"I am just happy Hope is not sick today on your special day."
"Me too, kid." She burps Hope.
"Mom, I know you are doing great with her already because you always know what to do to help especially when she was sick or in pain. I know you feel that you are not doing the right way but you are."
"Thank you, Henry that means so much to me especially coming from you."
Henry hugs Emma, "Mom, we are both lucky to have you as our mother who is a hero, fighter and willing to do anything for us if we are in need."
"Henry, I am always doing my best that I can to help you." Hope made a noise which made Emma smile. "Hope, Mommy is going to always do the best for you too, baby." She kisses Hope on the head and Hope put her small hand on Emma's chest.
"Mom, Hope really understands our conversation."
"Oh, yes she does. I told you, Henry, she cannot talk but she is a good listener." She bends her head to Hope, "Right baby? You are a good listener." She looks back at Henry. "I love you both equally, you know that right?"
"Yes, I know Mom." Hope fell asleep in Emma's arms.
"Do you want to hold your sister for a little while? So I can eat."
"Sure, Mom." Emma kisses Hope on the head and passes Hope to Henry. She got her breakfast tray and ate her breakfast while sitting next to her two children. Henry whispers to sleeping Hope, "Hope, we both have the best mommy in the whole world." He kisses her on the forehead and she moved in her sleep.
After Emma's relaxing morning with her kids, Emma changed Hope and played their kissing game. "Hope, I love playing with you, my little girl." Emma and Henry did a few art projects before he had to meet up with his other mom for Mother's Day brunch.
Killian brought down Hope after her nap. "See, little lass your Mommy and Henry love to do art. When you get a little bigger you will have fun with Mommy and Henry." Killian kisses Hope on the cheek and sat down nearby Henry and Emma and watched them do art while playing with Hope.
"Dad, can I show Hope what that I am drawing?"
"Sure, lad." Henry takes Hope from Killian, "Hope, look what I am drawing little sis." He points to Hope on what was everything he had drawn. "See I drew ocean, Daddy's pirate ship." Emma and Killian love watching their children's relationship evolved. "Mom, I have to go to meet my other's mom."
"Sure, kid. We will see you tonight right?"
"Yes, I will meet you at grandma and grandpa's house."
"Hope, I will see you later little sis." He kisses her on the head and Hope began to cry. "Hope, baby sis. Do not cry, I will see you in a little while."
"Awww, Hope." Henry gives Hope to Killian.
Killian comforts Hope."Little Hope, your big brother is not going to be away for too long, lass."
"Mom, she really understands."
"She does kid."
"Mom, I hope you had fun with me this morning."
"Kid, I always have fun with you." He hugs her tight.
"From, what I said earlier, I really mean it I love you, Mom."
"Henry, I love you so much too. Please tell Regina, Happy Mother's Day from me."
"I will, I will see you tonight."
Killian hands over Hope to Emma. "Dad, I will see you later."
"Yes, Henry. Maybe we can do some sailing or sword fighting lesson tomorrow?"
"Really, Dad?"
"Yes, son."
Henry hugs Killian. "You are the best. I will see you tonight." He leaves the house. Hope continues to cry.
"Hope, Mommy got you baby...shh.shhh. He will be back later Mommy misses Henry too, sweetie." She kisses Hope and gently massages her back until she calms down.
"Emma, she really loves Henry."
"Oh, yes she does. I am going to try a story to calm her down." Killian cleans the living room from Emma and Henry's artwork. Emma carries Hope to her room, "Hope, look what Mommy has a new book." Emma rocked Hope in her rocking chair and began to read, "The hungry caterpillar..." Hope slowly calmed down and listened to Emma's story and fell asleep. Emma put the book down and put Hope on her chest. "I love my little Hope snuggles." She kisses Hope on the head. Killian checks up on his two loves. He whispers, "She finally calmed down?"
"Yes, by rocking her and reading to her she eventually stopped crying. Hope loves Henry."
"Love, Hope loves you too."
"I know, I love her snuggles."
"Emma, I have a present for you."
"You do?"
"Aye, love." Killian takes sleeping Hope kisses her on the head and puts Hope in her crib.
"This is from me, Happy first Mother's Day Emma." He hands her a present. Emma opens up the gift-wrapped box which was a personalized book.
"Killian, how did you get this?"
"I got a little help from Henry to make the book."
"Killian, these are all pictures of me, pregnant, in our babymoon...every stage of my pregnancy progression, seeing Hope's tiny feet, Henry and I spending time together while I was on bedrest, Henry reading to Hope while she was still inside me, and Hope's birth. Aww, my first skin to skin with Hope. When did you take these?" Emma began to cry happy tears.
"I took photos secretly when you did not notice me, love. I also got photos of Henry and your mom."
"Killian, I do not know what to say, I love this." She kisses him on the lips.
"I made this for you love, to show you how of an amazing mommy you are to both of our kids. This picture book shows you that whenever you feel like you are doing something wrong, this will show you how much our kids love you."
"Killian, I love you so much."
"I love you so much, my Emma." They kiss standing up and Killian lifts Emma off her feet.
A few hours later, Hope woke up from her nap. Emma went to get her daughter from her crib. "Hi, Hope. Did you have a nice nap, baby?" She lifts Hope out of her crib. "How about you, Daddy and I go for a nice walk by the marina? We can show you our special spot, would you like that my sweet girl?" She kisses Hope on the cheek and changed her diaper and a cute outfit. Emma swaddled up Hope and out the carrier on and placed Hope in the carrier. Emma got the pre-packed diaper bag headed downstairs. Killian was downstairs in the living room, "Killian, your daughter and I are ready for a walk, want to come?"
"Sure, love. It is your special day after all." Killian kisses Emma on the lips. "I think we can show Hope our special sitting spot by the water."
"I love the idea, swan." He kisses Hope on the head. "Little lass, we are going to show you where Mommy and Daddy always had their special talks." Killian takes the diaper bag from Emma they walked to their special spot by the water. Killian wrapped his arm around his wife and daughter, with Hope happily gurgling and looking at both of her parents. "We love you too little duckling." Emma kisses Hope on the nose. They sat at their special spot. "Little love, we are at the ocean. You can see why Mommy and Daddy love this spot." Hope squirms in her carrier. "You want to look at the ocean lass?" Emma took Hope out of the carrier and kisses Hope on the head. "Here you go, Hope. Let Daddy show you the ocean." She hands Hope to Killian. Killian shows Hope the ocean, "See the beautiful blue ocean little love." Hope gurgles happily. Emma took a picture of Killian showing Hope the ocean.
"She loves the ocean, just like you, my pirate." She kisses him on the cheek.
"Aye, love. I love you and our little pirate princess." He bends down to Hope, "Right little lass, you are Daddy's little pirate princess?" He gives Hope multiple kisses on the cheek and she smiles.
"Killian, she is smiling."
"Aye, she is love."
"Hope, you like being a little pirate princess baby girl?" She gives Hope small kisses on her cheek." Killian hands over Hope to Emma.
"Little Hope is smiling in your arms too love." Killian took a picture of wife and daughter both smiling.
"Hope, you like the pretty ocean, do you, my sweet girl!" She kisses Hope on the cheek. Killian takes another photo of his two loves. "Now, you know why this is Mommy and Daddy's special spot." Killian and Emma both sit down.
"We have not been here in a while."
"Aye, love. Not since Hope was in your tummy."
"Yes, I was so concerned for her safety. Now, I know it is safe for her." She bends down and kisses Hope on her head. "Mommy is happy you are here not in my tummy. You can enjoy our special spot with us, Hope." She hugs Hope and kisses her on the head. Killian wrapped his arm around his wife and all three of them cuddle together.
"I always feel secure and safe in your arms, you know that?"
"Aye, I know, Emma. I love you and our little Hope. I will always be there for you both." Killian gives his hook hand to Hope who grabs it with her small hand.
"She loves her Daddy."
"Aye, she does. She loves you too, Emma."
"I love you both."
"Happy Mother's Day, Emma."
"Thank you, if it weren't for you. I would not be been a mommy from the start."
"Aye, love, if it weren't for you, I would not have been the changed man that I am today. I would not be a daddy this to this little love." He kisses Hope on the head.
"We both love you very much." Emma checks her phone, "Henry text me, wondering where we are? He is at my parents' house."
"We lost track of time love."
"We sure did. Hope, we are going to dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house." They go back to their house, get Hope quilt and Killian drove them to the Charming's house. "Hope, this is your first visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house, baby." Emma takes Hope out of her car seat and carried Hope wrapped in her quilt. Killian took the diaper bag. Her mom answered the door, "Emma, Killian, and Hope you are here."
"Hi, Mom. Sorry that we lost track of time."
"That is okay, come in."
"Happy Mother's Day, Mom." They hug gently because Emma was holding Hope.
"Thank you, Emma. Hi Hope." She kisses Hope on the head.
They walk into the living room seeing Henry and Leo playing together. "Hey, kid."
"Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad. Hi, little Hope." He gives Hope a kiss on the cheek.
"How was Hope when I left this morning?"
"She eventually calmed down after I read a few stories to her and rocked her. Hope, your big brother is here, sweetie." She hands over Hope to Henry.
"Hi, Hope. I missed you."
"Henry, we can let her lie down on the floor with her favorite quilt."
"Sounds good to me." Emma placed the quilt on the living room floor and Henry watched his sister lying on her back.
Leo was playing loudly around them. "Leo, come here little bro."
"Hi, sissy." Emma hugs Leo.
"Do you remember when I told you to have to be gentle around Hope?"
"A little."
"When Hope is here, you cannot be running all over the place. You do not want Hope to get hurt right?"
"Yes. Can I play with her?"
"Yes, but be very soft and gentle with Hope." Emma showed Leo how to gentle with Hope. She gave Hope her rings but all Hope wanted was Henry. Hope held Henry's finger.
"Hope, you really missed me did you, little sis?" Hope puts Henry's finger in her mouth. Henry laughed. "I missed you too, little Hope."
"You see Leo, how Henry is being really gentle with Hope?"
"Yes."
"How about you can try?"
Leo played with Hope with her other hand and got a little rough that made Hope cry. Emma instantly gets Hope. "Leo, I told you to be soft with her!" She talks to her daughter. "Hope, Leo did not mean it to hurt you, baby." She rubs Hope's back and bounced her until calmed down.
"Leo, say sorry to my little sister."
"I am sorry, Hope and I am sorry Emma."
"Leo, you have to be gentle with her. She is still small."
"Mom, I can take Hope."
"Let's wait a few minutes Henry until she calms down."
Charming comes into the living room. "Emma, what is going on?"
" I was teaching Leo to be soft with Hope and he got rough with Hope." She continues to comfort Hope. "Hope, shh..shh... Baby, you are not hurt sweetie."
"Leo, you have to really soft to Hope."
"Yes, Daddy."
"Emma, did he apologized to Hope?"
"Henry told him to and he did already." Hope calmed own. "Henry, can you hold your sister?"
"Sure, Mom." He gets Hope from their mom's arms. "Hope, Henry got you, little sis."
"Leo, remember Hope is very small and if she gets hurt this very young it can cause serious injuries. Do you understand that?"
Leo began to cry. "Little bro, you can say sorry to Hope by giving her a kiss on the head."
"Hope, I am sorry for hurting you." He gives her a kiss on the head.
"That is a way of being gentle Leo okay?"
"Yes."
"Good, I love you, little bro. You know that?"
"Yes, I love you too."
"But you have to listen to me when I tell you to do something, especially for Hope okay?"
"Yes."
"Good." Emma gives Leo a big hug.
Hope began to fuss in Henry's arms. "Mom, I think Hope needs a change." Henry hands over Hope to Emma.
"Hope, do you need a change?" She sniffs Hope. "Yes you do, sweetie." She kisses Hope on the cheeks. "Henry, can you get me her diaper bag?"
"Sure."
"Emma, you can change her in our room."
"Are you sure Dad?"
"Yes, Emma."
Emma and Henry brings Hope upstairs to her parent's room. Snow White and Kilian went into the living room, "Charming what was that all about?"
"Well, Emma was teaching Leo to be soft and gentle to Hope and he was not. Emma and I both gave him a small speech on how to be nice to Hope."
"Leo, your niece can get hurt easily."
"Mom I said sorry to Hope twice."
"Yes, he did."
"Where are Hope, Emma, and Henry?"
"They are changing Hope in our room."
Meanwhile upstairs in the Charmings bedroom. Emma changed Hope's diaper on her parents' bed. Henry played with Hope.
"Mom, what did you guys do while I was with my other mom's house?"
"We went on a walk by the marina. Your Dad and I showed your sister our special spot where we talk by the water." Emma out her face nearby Hopes' "You enjoyed the ocean right baby?" She kisses her. "What did you get Regina for Mother's Day?"
"I got her a card and made her a vase at the pottery store."
"How was brunch?"
He let Hope hold his finger."It was good. It is different with Mom and Robin than with you and Dad."
"How so?"
"I feel more comfortable in your house, I can just be myself there. Your house is a more normal home environment. I love you all."
"Regina is still is your mom even though the home environments are different."
"Yes, and I am happy she is with Robin. It is just weird that Rowand is my mom's sister's kid, not hers."
"Yes, that is still confusing even though I was there when Zelena cloned herself as Marian and tricked Robin to have a child with her."
"Was Marian dead?"
"Oh, yes. Zelena killed her when your Dad and I went back into time and changed my parents love story."
"I still cannot believe that."
"I know. Hope, that was when Mommy and Daddy fell in love by helping Mommy to fix the timeline."
"It is pretty cool how you ended up in the past."
"It was Zelena's fault."
"True."
"Hope you are so lucky that you do not have to be in a curse or break a curse. Those were not fun."
Henry kissed Hope. Emma and Henry took turns playing with Hope with Emma & Hope's special game. Snow White was at her bedroom door watching Henry and Emma playing with Hope. Hope began to fuss. "Baby what is the matter? Are you hungry? Playtime is over for you." She kisses Hope. Henry passes Emma a burp towel as she prepped to feed Hope. "Mommy has your food little Hope. Do not cry." Hope quickly latches on. "You were a hungry baby." She rubs Hope's head as she ate.
Snow White enters her room. "When Hope is done eating, dinner is ready downstairs."
"Thank you, Mom."
Snow White sits on her bed. "So, I heard Leo gave Hope a little trouble."
"Yes, I know he is 4 yrs old. I sort of yelled at him."
"Emma."
"Mom, I told him to be gentle with Hope and he was not so I got to be pissed."
"Yes, I understand that."
"I had no one to protect me as a child being hurt by other foster kids, now that I have Hope someone who I need to defend when she is hurt. I am happy to protect my daughter. " She gives Hope a kiss on the head.
"Emma..."
"Mom, it is in the past, I already let Leo apologized to Hope and I did not scream at him afterward."
"Grandma, she did tell Leo nicely to be nice to Hope after she figured out Hope was not hurt."
"Emma, why you never told me about it?"
Emma began to cry."The foster system sucked, always changing families, mean foster parents who were abusive, mean foster brother and sisters or group homes or being a runaway which was the worst. I was alone and had no one to lean to when I was hurt. I do not want my daughter and son get hurt as I experienced in the foster system."
Henry hugs Emma without bumping into Hope who was still eating. "Mom, that is why you had me adopted? To prevent to go into the system?"
"Yes, I wanted to give you your best chance."
"Mom, you did. Thanks to you I have two families that I love and you are a great Mom to Hope. right little sis?" Hope put her hand on Emma's chest. Emma kisses her little hand. "We love you, Mom. We know that you will always there for us especially when you know that I was getting hurt in school."
"Henry, I will always be there for you."
"I know, you are my mom. I am your first family remember?"
"Oh yes, you are." Hope made a noise. "Hope, you are my family too sweetie." She kisses Hope on the head. Hope stopped eating. "Are you full baby?" Emma burped Hope and let her daughter sleep on her chest.
Snow White watching this moment in tears. "Emma, I had no idea what you went through in the system. I am so sorry for that. Why you did not tell me any of it?"
"The foster system was bad. From my bad experience in the system, I want to raise my kids the way I was not, a normal lifestyle as much as possible."
"Mom, you are. You are raising Hope great so far and she attaches you the most, and you are doing great with me when I am at your house, a normal lifestyle, which is your home is where I feel the most comfortable in." Henry hugs his mom and Hope.
"Grandma even though you could not keep my mom, you did your best to protect the savior which is awesome."
"Thank you, Henry." Snow White looks at her daughter, "Emma your kids love you for who you are and they know and we know that you will be there to help them. I am not mad for yelling at Leo. You saw your daughter getting hurt, you reacted as any mother would do."
"Yes, I did. I try not to be too hard on Leo."
"Good, now let's eat."
Emma brought down Hope and Henry and Snow White went ahead. "Hope, Mommy will always protect you and teach you when to fight your fights when you are older." She kisses Hope on the head. Killian waited for Emma and Hope. "Emma, is everything alright? You, Henry your Mom were upstairs talking for a long time."
"Yes, we had a long conversation about how I want to raise Hope and Henry with much of normal lifestyle as possible, and protecting my kids from harm. I told my mom and Henry about my experience in the system, where I had no one to lean on when I was hurt. So when Leo was rough with Hope..."
"Aye, something snapped? Like a flashback?"
Emma holds Hope tighter. "Yes."
"Emma, we are both going to protect our kids no matter what, I am on your side. Okay, love?"
"Yes, it makes me feel better knowing you are with me"
"Aye." They kiss. "Let me hold Hope for a little while."
"Hope, Daddy wants you sweetie." She hands over Hope to Killian. Hope cried for a little bit, "Little lass, Daddy got you. Mommy is right next to me lass. She is not going anywhere." Hope calmed down and fell asleep on her Daddy's chest. Emma ate with family at the dinner table. When Emma was finished eating, Killian gave Hope to Emma so he can eat. Leo went up to Hope and Emma, "Hi, Hope." He touched her little hand."Now, that is gentle, little bro."