Hope Is Home

Emma and Killian can finally bring Hope home. The nurses checked Emma and Hope out. The nurses asked, "Where is the car seat?"
"I want to carry her in my arms."
"Aye, I have the car seat set for our little lass set up already. My wife wants to carry her."
"Okay." The nurse helps Emma into a wheelchair, while Killian holds little Hope, "Hi, Hope Daddy and Mommy are bringing your home today little love." Hope was wearing her hospital hat with her little sis onesie wrapped in her quilt. Killian's hand Hope to Emma. "Are you ready to go home love?
"Yes, I am." They kiss. Emma looks down at Hope. "Hope. We are going home, little girl." She kisses her on the forehead. As the nurse pushed them in the wheelchair out of the hospital, Killian walking beside them looking at Emma and Hope. Once they reached the car, Killian opened the back door to put Hope in her car seat, he was struggling and Hope began to cry. "Killian, hold her. I can put her in." The nurse helped Emma out of into the wheelchair and into the car. Killian hands over Hope once Emma was seated. "Come here, little duckling. Daddy will learn to put you in a car seat soon baby girl. Emma puts Hope in her car seat."
Killian gets in the driver seat and turns around to check on his two loves. "Are you both ready to go home, love?"
"Yes, we both are." Killian slowly drove them home, Emma was cooing at Hope, "Baby girl, you have no idea how Mommy got this car. I am so happy to be an official Mommy since I got this car." She gently kissed Hope's hands and made cute smiles to Hope, and Hope kept looking at her Mommy.
"We are home, love."
"Hope, we are home, my sweet girl." Emma unbuckled the baby's car seat. Killian helped Emma out of the car first and he took Hope in her car seat out of the car. Emma sign hanging by their door, "Welcome Home Hope Jones!" "Aww, who did this?"
"Aye, let's find out." Emma opened the door to find the Charmings, Henry, and Regina in their house. "Welcome home!"
"Mom, Dad, Henry Regina what is all of this?"
Charming and Snow White both hug her first. "We know you had a rough day yesterday. We just wanted to help."
"I will go get Emma's hospital bag."
"Thanks for coming over."
Emma sees Henry. "Mom! How is Hope's first car ride?"
"She was awake the entire time, listening to me. You are wearing your big brother shirt!"
"Yes, I am."
"Henry, look at what Hope is wearing!"
"Aye, lad. You two are matching." He sets down the car seat.
Henry kneels and gets Hope out of the car seat and holds her. "Hope, baby sister. You are finally home. Look we are wearing matching clothes that Mommy got for us." He sits with Hope on the living room couch, while Snow White, Emma, and Regina took pictures of Hope and Henry. "Mom, was she warm enough in her quilt?"
"Yes, she was. I made sure of that on the way here." Emma sits next to her two children. "She loves you, kid."
"I know." He looks down at Hope. "Mom, she loves you too."
"Can I hold her? Leo needs to meet his baby niece." Henry kisses Hope on the head before handing over to his mom. "Leo, come over here." Leo sits on the couch next to his big sister. "Leo, I would you like to meet your baby niece, Hope."
"Hi, Hope." He looks at her.
Snow White takes a picture. "Do you want to hold her?" With Emma's help, Leo held Hope. Snow White took pictures of her two kids with her granddaughter. Hope begins to fuss. "Sissy, why is Hope crying?"
"She needs to be fed." Emma holds Hope in her arms. "Shh..shh...Hope, Mommy has your food, do not cry baby girl." Emma gets up carrying Hope, "I will feed her upstairs in her room. I will be back. Killian, can you help me?"
"Sure, Love." They both go upstairs. Regina and Charming all update on Zelena in the psych-ward to Henry and Snow White, while Leo was coloring.
"I am just happy that Zelena did not harm Hope or Emma."
"I know, I was furious when Killian called me."
"Mom, is there any way that she can get out? I do not want her to hurt my other mom and Hope."
Regina sits down next to Henry, "Henry there is no way that Zelena will escape. She has no magic. She will not harm your mom or Hope."
"I helped them as much as I could yesterday, I am just worried that is all."
"Henry, from your mom told me what you have done yesterday was amazing. Being there for your mom and sister makes a huge difference. Your mom was really scared and you helped her calm down."
"We are going to prevent Zelena ever see your mom and sister."
"Mom, what about Rowand?"
"I warned my sister when she threatened your mom the first time, that she will lose her visitation rights, which she did. When Killian and your grandpa arrested her, she lost her rights, which happened when you were with Emma and Hope."
"That is good. My mom went through enough, I just want her to have a normal life with Hope and Dad including me."
"Of course, Henry. When I gave Emma up, it was the hardest thing I ever did. I am just happy to help her as much as I can and be in her life, which we will all help her." Snow White and Regina both hug Henry.
Upstairs in the Jones' house. Killian carefully helped Emma and Hope upstairs. Emma looks at Hope. "Hope, you are going to love your room, Henry painted especially for you baby girl." She gives her tiny little kisses on Hope's cheek. "Look how pretty your room is..." Emma sits down with Hope on the rocking chair. "Killian can you hold her, while I prep to nurse her."
"Sure, love." Killian holds Hope and shows Hope her crib, "Hope. Daddy got you your crib. All of the swans represents your Mommy because she was a swan as a child and those pirate ships represent me. I am a pirate. You are a pirate princess little lass. I got this crib to show you and your mommy that I will always be there for you." Hope cries. "Here you go Emma, I think she is hungry."
"Killian can you hand me a bib and burp towel." He hands her the items she needed. "Thank you, I do not want to ruin her onesie yet." Emma holds Hope put a bib around her and she sucks right away. She coos to her, "You were very hungry." She watched her eat. "Killian, I still cannot believe that we made her."
Killian kneels next to Emma and puts her arm around her."I know, love. I am still surprised that I am Daddy."
"I am still surprised too, she is our second chance."
"Aye, she is the best second chance."
"Yes, she is." They kiss and look down Hope looking at them and they both laugh. "You want a kiss too baby girl?" She kisses her on the forehead and Killian kisses her on the head at the same time. After Hope ate, Emma burped her and Hope fell asleep. "Rest now, baby girl." Emma bundled Hope up in her Hope blanket that Granny got her. Killian put Hope in her crib. "She looks so peaceful when she sleeps."
"Aye, she does, Emma. Let's go back downstairs to join everyone else." He helps her up and she gets a baby monitor, to hear Hope's cries. "You think that will work?"
"Yes, Henry helped me to make them work." She looks at Hope before she leaves the room.
"She is not going anywhere, Emma."
"I know, but I still am worried."
"Love, she is just right up here in her room."
"I know."
"Emma, Regina and I made sure for ourselves that Zelena was locked up in the looney bin. She is not going out. I promise you love." Emma hugs him and they put their heads together.
"Thank you for being you."
"Aye, I would always do my best for my two loves." They both go downstairs and talk with the rest of Emma's family. Henry sat next to his mom and hugged her nonstop.
"Kid, what is that for?"
"Just to let you know that I love you and you are safe."
"Thanks, kid."
"Can I stay over the night?"
"Henry, don't you have school tomorrow?"
"Yes."
Regina, "Henry, you need to rest. Newborns tend to keep everyone up at night."
"I know, but I want to help and be there for my baby sister."
"If it is alright with Regina, you can stay here until 9:00 pm and help with Hope but then you have to go home to sleep, you have school in the morning." Regina nodded.
"Can I come after school?"
"Yes, you can."
Regina, "Sure, but as long as you do your homework first."
Leo jumps nearby Emma. "Sissy!"
"Leo, be gentle around Emma she just had a baby, she is still in recovery."
"Little bro, when you are around Hope, you have to be gentle with her because she is very delicate okay?"
"Okay, sissy."
"Now, I can give you a big hug since there is no baby in my belly anymore."
"Emma, we will let you rest now. Leo time to go home."
Emma gives him a kiss. "Emma, call me if you need to help with Hope."
"I will thank you, Mom."
Charming hugs Emma. "Emma, Hope is going to be alright."
"Thanks, Dad." She hugs him. "Henry, can you go check on your little sister for me?"
"Sure, Mom."
Regina stayed a little longer. "How does it feel like being a mom of two?"
"It feels really great."
"I made you and Killian a few meals that will last you a few days."
"Thank you, Regina. I know Henry wants to be here, but I am not so sure about the baby crying and all."
"I know Emma, let's let him visit after school for the next few weeks while you two are adjusting being parents to a newborn."
"That sounds like a good plan, we can plan it by ear depends on Hope."
"I will pick up Henry at 9:00 pm. Good luck on your first night home."
"Thanks, Regina." Regina leaves.
"Love, do you want to rest or something to eat?"
"I am not too hungry but I am still exhausted."
"While the lass is asleep get some sleep love."
"I will." Emma hugs Killian. Emma goes to Hope's room to check up on her. Henry was in Hope's room with her. Emma whispered, "Hey, Kid. How is Hope?"
"She is still asleep."
"Listen, Henry. Your mom and I discussed that for the time being, you can visit here after school and the weekends for the next few weeks. Dad and I need to adjust being parents to a newborn?"
"Mom..."
"Henry, when you are here you can hold her and read to her all you want. I want you to be able to get some sleep."
"Mom, can I stay over the weekends still?"
"Yes, you can. If it is too much for you, we can stick with visiting during the day."
"Mom, I want to help as much as I can. I want Hope to know me."
"Yes, she is going to know you, you are her big brother."
"I want to stay at night mom, please."
"You can stay on the nights during the weekend and visit after school. How does that sound?"
"Sounds like a plan." Hope begins to cry.
Emma went to get Hope from her crib. "Hope, what is the baby girl? Do you need a change?" She checks Hope's diaper. "Yep, you are wet. Let's get you changed baby girl. Henry, I need your help here. She is not going to like this." Emma sets Hope onto the changing table and began to squirm. "Henry hold her still. So I can change her." Hope begins to cry, while Emma began to change her.
"Hope, it is Henry, little sis. Do not cry." Emma smiles at Henry and Hope. "Stay still, Mommy will be done quicker." Hope puts Henry's finger in her mouth. Henry laughs."Hey, cut that out, Hope." Emma giggles.
"You are all done baby girl." She picks Hope up and kisses her. "Henry, since she is awake do you want to give Hope a tour of the house?"
"Sure, Mom." Emma wraps Hope in her baby blanket that Granny gave her. "You can start showing her the house downstairs, I will carry her downstairs." She gives Hope to Henry after reaching the bottom of the steps. "Henry, be careful carrying her."
"I will Mom. If she starts to cry I will bring her to you or Dad."
"Now, Hope. Listen to Henry, about our home, okay baby girl." She kisses her a multiple times.
"Hope, Daddy and I chose this house for Mommy to show her that she has a home, which is very close the water. In the summer we will go sailing on Daddy's ship."Hope was staring at Herny when he was talking to her. "The first room is the living room..." he carries Hope to the living room and Emma was watching her son bonding with her daughter. Killian approaches Emma. "So our son is giving Hope a tour?"
"Yes, he is."
"Did you and Regina planned on about Henry visiting schedule for the next weeks?"
"Yes, and I told him about it. He does want to stay overnight. You should have seen the look on his face when I told him about only visiting during the day."
"Emma, he wants to be there for you and Hope."
"Yes, I know. He and I made an agreement that he visits here on the weekdays and he can stay overnights on the weekends."
"I could not say no to our son not allowing him to stay overnight."
"Emma, it is alright love. We know that Hope is going to be happy her big brother is around."
"I know. Since I am not sleeping, can we eat?"
"Sure, Love."
Killian and Emma had one of the meals Regina made them. Henry brought Hope to the kitchen, "Hope, this is the kitchen where we eat our meals. One of the first times, Mommy and Daddy made pancakes."
Emma and Killian almost choked on their food. "Henry, how did you know about that?"
"Grandma told me on that day of wedding planning."
"Oh, my mom can never keep a secret. First tacos and then pancakes." Killian just started laughing.
"Mom so tacos was really...."
"Yes, Henry. Show your sister other parts of the house before she needs to be fed again."
"On it. Now Hope, the next part of the tour is upstairs."
After their children left, Emma and Killian both laughed together. After they finished their meal they cleaned up the kitchen. "You know, my breast feels heavy and man breastfeeding hurts, but I love it. My body knows when she needs to be fed."
"Oh, really swan?"
"Yes, when I had Henry. I could not breastfeed him. I had to get all of my milk supply out of me and it was all just awful, knowing he needed just ..." She started tearing up.
"Hey, hey. You have our little Hope who is with you now and our amazing som who is helping us and loves our little lass." He hugs her. "Remember our children love you for who you are."
"Thank you for reminding me."
They hear Hope's crying. "Speaking of our little lass."
"I think it is time for her next feeding. Can you get Hope from Henry I do not want him go downstairs with her just yet and I will be up soon."
"Aye." He goes upstairs finding Henry holding crying Hope. "Henry, you Mom will be up in a few minutes. Come to Daddy, Hope." Henry hands over Hope to Killian. "Shh..shhh...I know you are a hungry little lass, Mommy is coming with your food." He rubs and pats her back to calm her down. Henry gives Hope his finger and she grabs it.
Emma goes upstairs, slowly. "Mommy is coming Hope." She sees Killian and Henry with Hope. She was in awe. "Hope daddy and Henry love you so much. Are you hungry?" Henry kisses Hope's hand before letting go. Killian hands over Hope to Emma, "Here you go Swan, we needed to calm her down."
"I can tell. I was hearing her from downstairs. You two are so sweet with her. Come on baby girl, let's get you fed." She kisses her on the head. She grabs the burp towel before going to the rocking chair, sat down and prepared to nurse. "Here you go baby girl." She strokes her head as Hope ate. "Mommy loves you, my sweet girl. Mommy was not able to do this with Henry. I am so happy that I get to do this with you. I love snuggling with you baby girl." She burps Hope. She carries Hope to her crib and shows her blue unicorns. "Hope, Mommy is really happy that you get to use these gorgeous blue unicorns because grandma got them for me but I could not use them. We are both so glad you get them, Hope." She kisses Hope on the forehead and put the almost sleeping baby in her crib. Emma watched Hope until she fell asleep. Emma went to her room to prepare for a shower. She heard Henry and Killian playing video games downstairs. She brings down, the baby monitor, "My two boys." Killian and Henry turned around. "I need to take a very needed shower. Hope is asleep." She hands Killian the baby monitor, "Just in case she wakes up when I am in the shower."
"Aye, do not worry Emma. We will keep an eye out for the little lass."
Emma goes upstairs and took a long hot shower. "I needed this." She was drying off, "I thought I dried off. Oh, Hope's milk is coming out. I better get used to these leaks." She changed into pajamas. Then went to check on her daughter. She finds Henry with Hope in the rocking chair. "Kid, did you wake her up?"
"No, I did not. She woke up herself. Dad let me come up since I have to leave soon."
"Henry, you have school in the morning and our little Hope here is going to keep me and your dad up all night. Remember you can sleepover on the weekends okay?"
"Okay."
"As long as she is awake you can read her a story in my room."
"Yes, that will be great." Henry hands his sister over to their mom. Henry went to get the storybook.
Emma brings Hope into her room and sits on her bed."Mommy and Daddy sleep in here. You will be sleeping with her for a little while. Grandma and Grandpa got you a little cradle." Hope sucked on Emma's fingers. "Is my finger tasty little girl?" She giggles.
Killian enters the room, "How are my two loves?"
"This little girl here loves my finger and I have not slept yet."
"Swan, you have to rest."
"I know, I know. Henry is about to read to Hope before he leaves. Then I will sleep before her next feeding time. She is sleeping in here with us tonight in her cradle."
"Aye, I know. I have something for you to help the both of us in the night time." He opens their closet and takes out a little cart filled with wipes, diapers, tissues, burp towels, and extra onesies.
"Killian, you thought of everything. I don't even know what to say."
"Love, I know that we are not going to any sleep, our little lass will keep us up at night. I figured this will help us."
"You are very thoughtful and caring."
"Aye, anything for you and the lass."
Henry enters their room with the book.
"Hope, it is story time. Henry is going to read to you. Killian, do you want to hold her?"
"Aye, I love too. Come to Daddy, Hope." Killian sat in the middle holding Hope, with Henry on one side and Emma on the other. Henry began to read, "Once Upon A Time..." Emma fell asleep on Killian's shoulder. Little Hope fell asleep in her daddy's arms. When Henry was finished, he got a text from his mom that she was outside. "Dad, I have to go."
"I know lad, Hope enjoyed most of your story. Your mom she needed to rest."
"I figured Hope keeping Mom awake, she looked like she needed sleep."
"Can you hold Hope? While I get your mom to sleep."
"Sure." He puts his book down takes Hope from Killian's arms. Henry whispers,"Hope, I hope you enjoyed the story. I love you. Do not keep mommy and daddy up all night." He kisses her. Killian got Emma to sleep comfortably in their bed.
"I will hold her, Henry."
Henry hands over Hope to Killian. "Dad, good luck tonight."
"Thank you, Henry. I know that your mom needs a lot of sleep. We will let you know tomorrow. Say bye-bye to Henry Hope."
"Don't worry Hope, I will be back tomorrow." Henry left the room.
"Hope, now lets Mommy sleep." He brings Hope to her room and sat in the rocking chair and rocks her. "I love you, little lass."
Hope woke up around 11:30 pm for her next feeding. Emma woke up hearing Hope's cries and her breast were telling her that it was time to feed her. Hope was sleeping in her cradle. "Hope, Mommy is here." She takes Hope out of her cradle and grabbed a burp towel. Killian prepped pillows around Emma to make her comfortable. Emma nurses Hope. Killian watched Emma with Hope. "I love how are with Hope."
"You do?"
"Aye." Emma giggles. "What is it?"
"Look?" Hope was fell asleep on Emma's breast during her feed.
"I think it is called milk coma." A few minutes later, Hope wakes up and continues to eat. "Hope you fell asleep before now you are hungry again." She burps her and put her back into her cradle. Hope wakes up 2 hours later, Emma was about to get out of bed, "Love it is my turn. Go back to bed." Killian picks up Hope, "Little love, Daddy is here." He sniffs her. "You definitely need a change." He puts her on the bed and changes her. "There you go little Hope." He holds her until she falls back to sleep. He puts her back in the cradle. Hope wakes up again hours later, Emma woke up. "Mommy is here Hope. Are you hungry?" She feeds Hope, and Hope ate quickly. "Baby girl, you can take your time eating. Your milk is not going nowhere." She kisses her on the head. Emma checked the time, "It is 5:30 am already." She yawns. After Hope was done, she burped her. Emma made sure Hope was asleep before putting her back in the cradle. Emma went back to sleep.
Killian is an early riser and he knew Emma was up most night feeding Hope, breastfeeding can take a long time especially for newborns. Killian quietly got ready for the day and cleaned up their room. Killian looks at Hope, "Little love, did you keep Mommy up all night? Come on, let's make breakfast." He takes her to the kitchen. One of the gifts Emma got at the baby shower was a baby chair that moves. He placed the moving chair in the kitchen, straps Hope in the chair and turned it on. It was an easier solution to watch Hope and cook breakfast at the same time. "When you get older, you are going to cook with Daddy." After Killian cooked breakfast, he waited for Emma to wake up to eat with her. Killian was on the couch with Hope, Hope on his chest sleeping. Around Hope began to cry. "Hope, Daddy knows that you are hungry. Let me bring you to mommy." Emma woke up Hope's cry. "Where is she? Oh, she is with Killian."
Killian enters their room, with crying Hope. "Love, I took her out of the room so you can sleep. Now, she is hungry."
"That is okay, I got some sleep after 5:30 am." She preps to breastfeed her. Killian gives her their daughter. "Hope, Mommy is here." Hope eats. After she eats and burped, Hope cried when Emma put her in the cradle. "Hope, you just want to sleep in Mommy's arms?... Okay, little girl." Hope was content in her mom's arms. "I can get used to this. I love you baby girl." She kisses her on the head and watches Hope sleep.