17. Our new king

(Stefan POV)

Finally, we are home. After spending about a week in the human world, we come back to find out that everyone is preparing for the ceremony. I guess that the priestess will give me a good ear full of not coming back sooner; then again, Jasmine had her fare share of being yelled at. When we came back from Wolf’s place, Emma yelled at her for coming back late. Poor Jasmine, but what I did that night, made her avoid me some times. I also have notice that she only has nightmares instead of attacks that she usually gets. As much as I am grateful, I know for a fact that she is scared to sleep again. As I walked down the hallway, I saw Jasmine being dragged away by Emma and some other maids. I watched them as they dragged her into one of the rooms and locked it. What are they doing to her?

(Jasmine POV)

When we came back, I was in the library and Emma came in with an evil smile.

“Hello Jasmine. Would you mind coming with me and try something on?”

I looked at her and I saw that there were five other maids beside her. I knew that if I say no, they will still take me.

“I guess but-“ And with that, Emma and the maids came in and took me away. Everyone except me was giggling. I was soon pushed into the room, and when I looked back, they locked the door behind us. I looked at Emma and she was holding a long, white, flowing dress that caught my liking.

“Get into this” She said as she handed me the dress. I looked at her idly. Emma knew why I was blushing and nodded her head. “Okay, we will leave, but we will be waiting outside the room”

“Thank you”

“And if you are taking too long, I will come in here. Okay”

“Umm…please don’t.”

“Alright, but take a shower first ok”

“Yes ma’am” Emma laughed and with that, she left me alone in the room.

I walked over to the bed and placed the dress down then started to undress myself and walked to the bathroom. As I walked out of the bathroom and to the bed, I unzipped the back of the dress and then slip through the soft fabric. When I pulled the dress up, I held it in place and walked to the door.

“Umm…Emma. Could you help me zip up?” Emma nodded and walked in the room and closed the door behind her. She walked over to me and zipped up the zipper on the back of the dress.

“Why do I have to wear this?”

“It’s for the ceremony”

“Ceremony?”

“Yes. Stefan will be crowned King, and you will be his consort”

“Consort? What’s that?”

“Oh well, they are … very close friends to the king.” Emma smiled as she placed her hands on my shoulders and placed me in front of the mirror. “I still need to do your hair and makeup, but once we finish, I believe we will be right on time.” Emma went to get the other maids and they began doing my makeup and hair.

(Stefan POV)

I was in my room getting ready. I put on what is now my coat, and left the room. While I was walking, I saw wolf running up to me.

“What are you doing here Wolf?”

“Come on big brother, it’s the day you are about to be crowned”

“Oh. But why are you here?”

“I came here because Nate wanted to see you and Jasmine as you were going to be crowned. And I am your only family too so, I thought that you might need me or something…”