3. Last night together

For the past 2 weeks was amazing. We had dinner and a movie; sometimes we just played video games. I never thought twice about what he was really up to. I mean, why is he doing this? Why is it that for the past 2 weeks he is doing all of this? I never asked him about it, I just… wanted to stay together like this. “Hey Jasmine, I was wondering, do you want to go to the fair today?” I looked at Stefan, he seemed a little sad but happy “alright but I hope I won’t be a burden to you” I said. He laughed “No you wont and besides, this is half of you birthday present” Birthday present? Oh year it today. Hahaha I can’t believe I forgot about it. After about an hour or two, we arrived at the fair. Some of the rides weren’t open yet but we had fun. We went to the shooting booth, ride the tea cup, went to the photo both and had cotton candy, but Stefan sometimes keep taking my cotton candy. We stayed there for hours upon end, laughing and having fun; it’s almost too good to be true. After awhile, I started to believe that this IS too good to be true I mean the dinner and the movies was different, and then I started to think that something might happen to him. “Look Jasmine, the fairest wheel is open and we have enough ticks to go on” I looked at the fairest wheel then looked at him “Stefan…” I said with my head down. “What’s wrong? Not feeling so well?” I looked up to see his eyes then smiled “It’s nothing; I just want to know if we can go to the photo booth again after the fairest wheel ride?” I couldn’t tell him, he looked so happy; I rather keep it that way “sure”.

We waited in line for a long time but when we where next, I felt uneasy. I was afraid of heights, I just feel like something is going to happen, but what? As we were going up, we saw the people down below, they look like ants to me but the view is breathtaking. “Stefan, this view… it’s wonderful… Stefan?” I looked at that man in front of me, with eyes that sparkle like crystal, hair that glisten in the moon light and the pale skin that shines with light and life; this man right here in front of me, his name is Stefan Van Helsing, he is my childhood friend and never once changed. He always looked the same no matter what, but he never lies to me, but even so, I never asked. “Jasmine, I… I… for a really long time I…” his face was turning red but I think I know where this is going. He pulled a little box out from his pocket “this is not much but I hope you like it” I grabbed that little box from him and opened it. Inside was a silver locket “I love it, thank you” somehow my heart started to pound faster. “I love you” what? What did he say “I love you, since the very beginning” I was paralyzed with his word. I didn’t know what to say next or what I should do. “I love you” that’s what he said as he started too leaned forward. My eyes widen with surprised as his lips met mine. My heart start bounding faster and faster that soon enough, it felt like it was about to bust out of my chest. We stayed like that for a while, but it felt like eternity.

As we pulled away, I looked into his eyes. I could tell that he really loves me, because the person that he can see and never takes his eyes off is me; he sees only me. I am no one special, yet he only looks at me. He never lied to me or even breaks his promises, he has done so much for me and it was still not enough for me to see the real reason. I am a fool.

I looked away; I didn’t want him to see my face. “Was it that bad? I’m sorry” “don’t apologize, it was… I was good” what am I saying, it was amazing. As the ride came to a stop, we did not speak at all. We went to the photo booth to take more pictures, we took some pictures but for the last one, it took a lot of courage for me to do it. I whispered in his ear “I love you, I think” and kissed him on the cheek; well that’s what I thought, he turned his head and I accidently kissed him on the lips. I was embarrassed the whole way back home. Before we parted, he kissed my cheek and whispered in my ear, "Goodbye" and with that, he disappeared in front of me, leaving a blue rose in my hand.