Romanogers 1

Steve's pov

She's gone.

Those words rang in my head. Those words were what took me all the way to London.
I had tears stained on my cheeks as I carried the heavy casket.
At the front was a beautiful picture. A young fierce woman. Her brown hair waved to her shoulders and her cherry lips smiled. A smile I knew all to well.

The funeral was beautiful. The church was filled with people. But by 4:30 everyone began to clear out until it was just me. I stood in the middle of the church staring from a distance. I only turned around when I heard footsteps.
Natasha walked towards me. I didn't know when she got here but I was glad she had.
She stood quietly next to me. Her black jacket was long but her legs were exposed. Her emerald eyes shone with sadness.

"She's gone Nat"
I whispered

"I know"
I felt her place a hand on my arm and the tears started up again. I pulled away from her, wiping my face.

"It's ok Steve."
Her smile gave me some hope. Hope that it would be okay. She then carefully wrapped her dainty arms around me. I could smell her signature scent of lavender and honey. My arms then went around her waist, my head in her neck. We stood there. Just like that. In silence. Natasha let go first.

"Im glad you came"
She smiled

"I didn't want you to be alone"