~Chapter 17~ The Day After

Next Morning

The next morning after their engagement Nandini woke up with the constant buzz of her phone. She grabbed it from the bedside and without seeing the caller ID picked it up.

"Hello." she said in hoarse sleepy voice.

"Hey Jigra.. You still asleep?" Karan spoke from the other side finding her voice low.

"Hmm."

"How come you are sleeping avi tak?" he asked

"Karan if u have called to ask me this then I am hanging up" Nandini said annoyed.

"No actually I called to remind you that today u were having the BOD meeting in the hospital at 11 and its 9 already.." Karan spoke casually.

"What? when did this happen..?" Nandini stated sitting straight on her bed.

"Never... I was just kidding. Just wanted to wake you up from your so called beauty sleep.."

"Urghhh... You idiot I am gonna kill you...You Jerk.." Nandini abused him and he simply cut the call laughing.

After that Nandini just put her head back on the headboard to relax for a bit. She rubbed her face with her palm when she noticed the ring in her hand and thought about yesterday's event.

"This ring is Manik's choice... The ring which nyonika aunty chose was too heavy but I didn't want to hurt her so just agreed to her taste. But when did he changed the ring? And how come he knows about my taste. Why was he so concerned for me. Does he really cares for me? The thing which I saw in his eyes yesterday were different. It literally gave me jitters. Are we really made for each other? " She was speaking to herself.

"Yes.. absolutely" her speaking session came to an halt by Ruhi who entered her room and heard her last line.

"Bhabhi...aap aaiye na.." Nandini spoke as Ruhi entered and settled beside her.

"The answer to your question is yes... You know Nandini these guys na they actually don't know how to express their feelings but their eyes they speaks volume.. You can see the love they hold for you in their eyes.. Its the entrance to their soul..."

"Bhabhi.. how can someone know that he is the one for you.. aapko kab laga aise that Bhai is the one.." Nandini asked.

"you yourself will get to know jab time aayega...samjhi..now get ready...aaj late ho gaya hospital nahi Jana.." Ruhi said patting her head and left the room.

Soon after greeting and having her breakfast she left to the hospital.

Malhotra Mansion

The morning in Malhotra Mansion was quiet different ... Everyone were gathered on the dinning table and was discussing about yesterdays event as it went all well and amazing. Fab 3 were also present there.

"Manik ... Nandini ne bataya tujhe that whether she liked the ring or not.." Nyonika asked Manik regarding the ring.

"Hmm. She liked it.." he replied.

"Achcha .... kab bataya, aaplog ne to baat hi nhi ki thi ek dusre se kal akele mein ek baar bhi.." Cabir spoke jumping in the matter.