~Chapter 13~Shopping Spree

Manik's POV

I reached Dubai and was on my way to my office.

I know what I did was not appropriate. I should not have left without having a word with Nandini but how the fuxk can you expect me to stay calm after what I saw? I don't know why but seeing her in that guy's arms made some knots in my stomach. I was ready to go punch that boy but seeing Nandini's hold on him I restrained myself. Varna toh marne wala tha meri haatho se. And now I also have to look after the chaos in my office..And I am sure ki all my anger will be directed towards my employees and koi toh aaj jaane wala hai.

Thinking all this, I reached my destination and straight away went into the conference room where everyone were already settled. I did not give a damn to the employees greeting me because that is who I am in the office. I always have this Do-not-mess-with-me look whenever in office and all the employees literally have nightmares with even the thought of meeting me. That is Manik Malhotra for you! Anyways the problem was a major one so going to the hotel to rest was a bullshit idea..

After having a chat with then regarding the issues and obviously firing a few for their irresponsibility, I thought to solve it myself so I do not have to face Nandini any time soon. Now I was staying here for the coming 4-5 days. I informed Mom and she was very angry that I can't make it to the meeting with the Kapoor's. My to-be-in-laws.

Next day Mom called me to inform that they visited there place and have decided our engagement date which was to be held at the end of this week. Roka and engagement was to be held on the same day because of time shortage and as per the muhrat. Also I was beyond shocked hearing what the pandit said..How can our kundlis match when we are anything but made for each other? It is a forced one from her side and also she has a boyfriend. I am sure that guy she was hugging was her boyfriend.

Mom seemed very happy after meeting Nandini. She was just talking about Nandini on the phone and it seemed that she was already in her team. I was just listening to her silently and was just saying with hmmms not wanting to ignore her. After her Nandini Puraan that seemed to be going on for eternity did she keep the phone.

Nice played Nandini Kapoor.. It seems that you have impressed my family a lot. Good going..Abhi se Achi bahu banne ki panning not bad. Not that I am complaining infact I am loving it.

I was lost in her thoughts when my phone ringed bringing me out of my to-be-wife's LA LA land. Seeing the caller ID I immediately picked up the phone.

"Haa Cabir bol. How was the meeting? Deal final ho gayi na? Koi problem toh nahi hua na.." I asked being curious.

"Chill Bhai. Apne Rajdhani express pe break laga aur ek ek karke question puch or else main confuse ho jaoonga..." He spoke in his oh so innocent voice. I just wonder ki yeah nautanki kabhi serious hoga bhi ya nahi..Kahi client iski yeah irritating baatein sunke na bhaag Jaye.

"Cabir yaar! Can you enlighten me with the happenings in todays meeting." I spoke in a calm tone.

"Haa ab thik hai..Toh the meeting was good. They are ready to finalize the deal with us. There was no change in the points mentioned. And as soon as you will come back we will sign the contract and baaki I have mailed you everything... Do check it once. " He provided me the details and I was happy to know that my younger brother is now capable enough to handle the business on his own. I am proud of him.

"I am proud of you..." I genuinely said and was very happy for his success. To be precise the very first one..

"Thankyou Bhai!... By the way Mom must have told you today's details about one more important meet." And here starts his teasings.