~Chapter 4~Chaotic Minds

'Confusion' it would be the right word to describe the situation from which both Manik and Nandini were going through. They were not able to clear out the mess from their mind. Their love towards for families being in contrast with their own was not allowing them to think straight as they could neither hurt their family's emotions nor they could agree to such irrational idea. In short their minds were nothing less than a chaos.

Nandini's POV

I don't know what to do... Unhe bol toh diya that I need time but ab kya?. Why Dadu? Kyun kiya aapne aisa ? Why everyone is after this marriage aur kiya bhi toh kiske sath with that arrogant man uff... I can't even express what I am feeling right now. He is a jerk! I saw him at a business party though we didn't have a proper meet but he was so rude and bossy. And also It's not like I am against arranged marriage but I am just scared. Scared to open up to a person who is no less than stranger to me. Scared that how will he react if ever he comes to know about my past. Do I deserve to fall in love? what if he left me after getting to know about the past......

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. On opening it I found my mother standing there. She had two mugs of coffee with her. How is she always there when i need her? We both settled in the balcony looking at the sky which had no end just like my thoughts.

"So,What were you thinking?" she asked looking curious.

"Nothing important, just some hospital stuff." I lied but who was I trying to fool?She is my mother, who knows me in and out, a fact which I hated at present.

"Nandu, Maa hoon teri.... Itna toh samjhti hoon tujhe that when are you lying to me." she spoke confidently, you know na motherly instincts.

"Agar itna hi samjhte ho toh aap samjhao na papa ko aur baat Karo unse." I replied dejectedly.

"Nandu bachche its not like that your papa is forcing you. He will never do that and will be fine with whatever you will decide. But just for once listen to me." she said trying to put forward her views.

"Hmm.." I whispered.

"Yeh tere Dadu aur Dadi ki wish thi woh apne dosti ko ek naya naam Dena change the taki grihasti mein fas kar ek dusre ko bhool na Jaye. Beta aaj nhi toh kal tujhe shaddi toh karni hi hai toh hum iss rishte se hi start kare and you never know may be he will be the one for you. And don't you trust your dadu? tujhe lagta hai woh tere liye koi galat faisla lenge." she said trying to put some brain in my head but kaise samjhao unko that I am not ready.

"Nahi Mumma , I know Dadu kabhi koi galat decision nahi lenge mere liye but I am not ready for it yet. Marriage and all it comes with great responsibilities aur mujhe lagta hain I am not capable for it abhi. Aur aap nahi jante uss ladke ho he really is a jerk he can never be the one for me. He is so arrogant person." I said dominantly clearly not wanting to change my decision.

"Nandu you are 23 abhi nahi toh kab hogi tu capable phir. Every girl says this only that she isn't ready but time teaches everything betu. Aur phir we aren't saying to marry him tomorrow. Its just that meet him once, talk to him kya pata jaise tu soch rahi ho woh waisa nhi ho. May be bahut mature ho aur personal and professional life alag rakhta ho." and here comes the age factor and love lecture from my lovely mother.

"Okay Fine... I will meet him but I want to have an unofficial meet first before our families meet up and decide about us. If it worked well tabhi hum aage badhenge and it will be totally my decision no forcing or emotional blackmail." finally to give a break to further discussions I agreed to her and she really seemed happy. I don't want to make her sad but I have something else in my mind.

Manik's POV

What the Fish yaar ! What's all this now? Shaddi, responsibilities, wife. I am not ready for it man... Urghhhh.! Its so frustrating but main Dadu ki baat ko bhi toh deny nahi kar sakta. I can't see him hurt. Oh God! Kis situation mein daal diya aapne mujhe. Its not that I am against arrange marriages, but its just that agar shaddi ho gayi toh I have to give her full attention and make her my priority which is not possible in my case main aapne kaam mein sab bhool jata hoon. What if I hurt her... What if I neglect her.... What if ... No I can't .... I just can't ruin someone's life. No mahn...

"You can never ruin anyone's life Manik. Never." there comes the voice behind me, and I turned to look at my father standing right in front of me with a light smile on his lips. He always knows what is going inside my head without even me saying it. I love him yaar.

"Dad" I whispered.

"Main janta hoon aapne bete ko won kisiko bhi hurt nahi kar sakta. Haan sometimes he does neglect his family because of his work but then he makes up for it in the most beautiful way. The girl would be very lucky who will become your wife Manik and also it's the correct age jab him kisike ho jaye aur koi humara ho jaye. With whom we can share each and everything. Jo tumhe samjhe, tumpe trust Kare. Raat ko jab tum kaam we wapis aao toh woh tumhara intazaar kare. Its a beautiful feeling manik. Arrange marriage is quiet different from love marriage where you get to know your partner slowly and your bond grows stronger day by day. Me and your Mom are the live examples. She has been the best daughter, wife, daughter in law, mother and most important a perfect lady. Tumhi batao kya use better mom tumhe mil sakti hai? Nahi na..All I am saying you is to give it a shot and then leave everything on God. If she is the one for you then destiny will definetly bind you people together." Dad tried to put some brain in me.
I too want someone just like Dadu had Dadi, Dad has Mom, Dhruv has Alya but I am scared for such a big step as I don't want to hurt her feelings. After listening to him. I thought to give it a shot by meeting her but I will ask her to say no for this proposal as I don't want to marry now.

"Okay.... I am ready to meet her but first I want an unofficial meet before our families meet up." I said as I wanted to know her views on this also before keeping my thoughts in front of her.

How was the chapter guys? Are you all liking the story..please tell me in the comments!
So finally MaNan will meet in the next chapter! How do you think it will go? Smoothly or dhamakas? Also give me some suggestions on how do you want their meet to be like! And don't forget to Vote!!