~Chapter 16~Engagement Ceremony

Nandini's POV

What even? How can he be so calm and composed? Didn't he want the same thing but then what has changed? Why is he behaving like this? This Malhotra is really getting on my nerves..Huff!

I was sitting in my room and thinking all these which happened a few minutes ago in this room when Bhabhi came to call me as it was now the time for engagement..

Its a very beautiful day for a girl. She should be happy in every way possible but I was just not able to understand my mood only. Sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I am blushing toh sometimes I feel angry..God! Why are doing this with me.

I was descending down the stairs when my eyes caught all the familiar faces. Faces of my family members. The happiness their faces reflected was surreal and I did not want to be the one to take it away from them..I didn't want to hurt them so at that very moment I decided to go with this alliance happily and with all my heart. May be it's my fate... May be he is my Destiny!

I didn't realized when thinking all this I came down and was now standing on the last step of the stairs when I saw a hand in front of me. Looking up it was Manik with his hands held out waiting for me and behind him I could see Papa having a proud smile on his face.. So not giving it much of a thought I kept my hands on his and decided to give my everything in this relation.
We stood on the stage,looking at each other and that eye contact with Manik was everything I needed to be sure of my decision. I was in front of him all ready to take a big step of my life.
Soon Panditji asked us to exchange rings. I took the ring from bhabhi and after a look at all my family members slipped in into his ring finger. The ring was a simple diamond one which I chose when I went for shopping with Nyonika aunty. I personally loved that ring and hoped that Manik did too. But I did not have the courage to look into his eyes after making him wear the ring.

 But I did not have the courage to look into his eyes after making him wear the ring

(Manik's engagement band.❤️)

Then it was manik's turn he removed the ring from his pocket and held my hand all these time I was not able to meet his eyes... He made me wear the ring in the most soothing manner and brought my hand near to his lips giving it a peck. Goosebumps would be an understatement to define my feelings.
As soon as the ring touched my finger and Manik left my hands, my gaze went to the ring and what I saw made me speechless. Then I looked towards Manik and as if he understanding my confusion, he just blinked his eyes to assure me. The ring that he made me wear was not the same ring which Nyonika aunty selected for me... It was different yet elegant and beautiful, just the way I love. It not like I didn't like her choice but it was too big a and heavy. But how did this happen?Did Manik get it changed? If yes, then how did he come to know my taste..
I was feeling so happy from inside but was also confused regarding his behavior.