Chapter Fourty One

Sorry for udating so late :( Blame my french teacher, who made me stay in :(

X Gwen

.

.

.

Niall’s POV

.

.

.

“So you just told her?” said Cleo, her voice edged with disbelief.

“Yes.” I say simply.

“What… You promised me!” she said angrily, getting up and pacing around the room.

“Well, I’m not the only one who broke my promise.”

“What do you mean?” she said, but I could see a hint of guilt in her eyes.

“You promised me you would be nice to my friends, Yet you’re bullying  Lucy?”

“I didn’t know ‘friends’ included Lucy Heyward.” She said coldly.

“You’re right, THE GIRL I’M IN LOVE WITH, includes Lucy Heyward. The girl who you made me sacrifice.”

“How did I make you sacrifice her?” said Cleo angrily, crossing her arms.

“Oh I don’t know, You kissed me, You were horrible to her, You made her cry, You bullied her- need I go on?” I said, getting up. “I thought you were better than this, Cleo.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t match Lucy’s perfect standards.  I’m sorry I tried to protect-“

“Protect me? How is bullying the girl I’m in love with protect me?”

“You were so sad when she broke up with you, I didn’t want you going through that again.”

“Cleo-“

“I’m sorry!” she yelled, tears in her eyes. “I’m sorry I tried to do something good! I’m sorry I tried to protect you, after you’ve protected me so many times! I’m SORRY, ok?”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

“I want to believe you, I do, But I just believe that you’ve done too much damage. Too little good.”

She let out a small sob.

“Cleo-“ I said, reaching out for her, she took one step back away from me.

“Don’t! Just.. Don’t.”

“I’m sorry. But I think it’s better-“

“That I left? You’re kicking me out?” she said in a small voice.

“I…”

“I’ll go pack my bags.” Said Cleo, surveying me sadly. “Goodbye Niall.”

“Goodbye Cleo.”

I caught her arm and she turned to look at me with sad eyes.

“Cleo…” I couldn’t find the words for what I wanted to say. “Don’t… Look after yourself, ok? For me?”

She nodded but didn’t say anything.

And without a goodbye, she left me.

The room suddenly felt strangely empty.

So did my life.

The first goodbye is the hardest.

So I just sat there.

My legs swinging,

I just sat there.

And watched life pass me by.

.

.

.

.

.

A very sad chapter… I’m sorry if this story is getting very sad, but don’t worry, everything will clear up soon.

X Gwen