Chapter Fourty

WOW! 250 COMMENTS !!!!!!!!!!!! *HAPP DANCE* HYPER NOW. WILL BE JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR THE NEXT 23498 Hours. Oops. Caps lock was on.

X Gwen.

 “Niall? What are you doing?” she whispered.

“Hugging you.” I replied.

“No… What are you doing here?”

“Looking for you.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know.. I just… I thought you might need me.” That sounded so bad coming out of my mouth, but it’s not like I could tell her that I missed her, that I felt bad and had come to see her, she would just turn me down and I don’t think I could take that again.

“I do.” She said, untangling herself from me.

“You do?”

“Yes.” She said, a small tear fell from her eyes, smudging her mascara. “I… Hannah.”

“Ah.” I said, brushing the tear away. “Don’t cry.”

“It seems like it’s all I’m doing these days.” She said, laughing bitterly. “That, and sleeping.”

“I’ve been thinking about you a lot.” I said seriously. “I wanted to tell you something.”

She raised her eyebrows but didn’t say anything.

“About Cleo.”

Her expression darkened and as if forcing the words out, she says in a low tone. “Go On.”

“I met Cleo when I was nine. She was sitting on a street, a sign at her feet. Begging for money.”

“What?” said Lucy slowly.

“Cleo was homeless.” I said, remembering the day as if it was yesterday. “She had been for two years.”

Lucy’s expression softened.

“Her parents died when she was five and she ran away from her foster parents because they used to beat her, She was only seven, She lived on the streets for two years. When I found her she was as thin as a stick and incredibly sick. She was scared of me at first, she was scared of all strangers, especially adults.”

“I gave her all of my pocket money that day, and I kept coming back, eventually I told my mother about her, and mum took her in.”

“Cleo was incredibly grateful to my family and she worked hard at school, she studied for six hours every day, she had a lot of catching up to do. She barely knew English.”

“She didn’t make many friends, she was still wary of strangers and would be mean to anyone who showed her any sort of kindness, something Cleo was immediately suspicious of. She meet a girl that she liked, her name was Isla, and by liked I mean.. like liked.”

“Cleo is gay. She tried everything she could to break up Isla and her boyfriend and eventually ended up kissing the boyfriend and then dumping him. She didn’t know what to do to make Isla like her. She was clueless. Isla found out any way and she never forgave Cleo.”

“So at the party, after Isla slapped Cleo, Cleo was so upset that by mistake she kissed me, wanting to check if she was still gay and you saw. I never meant to hurt you, I wanted to tell you… but Cleo wouldn’t let me. I had to protect  her. She’s afraid of you.”

“Afraid of me?” said Lucy with disbelief in her voice.

“Yes, you make her doubt herself.”

“Niall, She’s been sending me texts.” Said Lucy, taking out her phone. “Horrible, Vile texts.”

She showed me a couple and I was so shocked that I gasped.

“I didn’t know..”

“Yeah, Obviously.”

“Lucy, look, I’ll talk to Cleo about this.”

“And since when has that worked?” she said angrily.

“Lucy, she’s my best friend! There’s always two sides to every story.”

She glared at me. “So the text’s just sent themselves, huh?

”Luce-“

“No, Niall, I don’t care if Cleo was homeless, that’s not an excuse!”

I felt my anger well up inside me. “You have no idea what she’s been through.”

“You have no idea, what I’VE been through!” said Lucy, taking her phone back, yanking it out of my hands. “You’re blind, Niall. Blind as a bat.” She trued around and strolled angrily out of the park, her long hair swishing.

I watched her go, my heart sinking, And with an angry yell, I bashed my hand against the nearby bird bath. My blood splattered around me and it began to flow thickly.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Well, No one saw that coming, Huh? What do you think of Cleo now?

X Gwen