Chapter Thirty Nine

Dedicated to MrsMalik859 :)

.

.

.

.

Lucy’s POV

.

.

.

.

Somehow, I don’t know how, The news of Hannah’s accident got out.

Someone must have blabbed.

Cleo.

Everyone stares at me now, but in a sort of pitying way. They avoid words like ‘sister’ ‘hospital’ and ‘death’. They treat me differently, give me the bests eat in the class or if there’s only one apple left someone will offer it to me. I appreciate this, These random acts of kindness,  are nice, but it doesn’t make anything any better.

In fact, it just makes it worse.

It reminds me, from the moment I wake up to my last thought before I go to sleep, that Hannah’s not ok.

That, for whatever reason, while I’m living and breathing, she’s plugged up to a machine, fighting for her life.

I’m still reaching for her, Even though I know it’s useless.

She’s no there.

I just want her to come back to me.

I keep having the dreams.

The nightmares.

And in every single dream, Hannah dies.

I don’t….

Can’t.

Save her.

I need to talk to someone.

I can’t talk to Eliza or Natalie, neither of them really understand.

I step forward and slowly press my foot down on a leaf, watching it crumble against the wait of my boot.

Somehow, this little vicious victory makes me feel a tiny bit better.

I need to talk to Harry.

If only he hadn’t…

Yeah.

Mhmm.

Told me everything.

It begins to rain, slow at first, and then it falls harder and harder around me.

That’s more like it.

I take of the hood of my jacket, pull it down and stand there, in the wet and muddy park.

The rain falls around me, and on me, My hair id now stringy and dark, it will curl after it stops raining. The leaves around me are all dewy and the spider web’s looks like it was made out of diamonds.

It’s funny,

How, in the midst of sadness, anger and loneliness,

There is beauty.

In the darkest places, In the darkest parts, In your worst hour.

There is beauty.

In pain and anguish.

There is beauty.

I just needed to find mine.

Who would be my beauty?

.

.

.

Niall’s POV

.

.

.

“Lucy?” I said hopefully, at the girl with her back turned to me.

She turned around, and I could see that it indeed was Lucy. “Niall?”

“Lucy.” I whispered, and ran over to her, enveloping her in a bear hug before she could do anything.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Niaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllll is Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccccck!

X Gwen