Chapter Twenty Five

This chapter is dedicated to You, for reading this story and giving me your time J

X Gwen

.

.

.

.

.

.

My grandmother always used to tell me that one day I would find my soulmate, And that I would always be surprised when I realised who it was. Although I must say, I very much doubt this. She grew up in a small town, and was a very pretty girl. Apparently she had many suitors, all calling her name.

When she was old enough she moved to the city, because she felt too trapped in the small town. One day she decided to join the local church choir, she loved to sing and was a very catholic girl. She went along to the choir and asked to sign up, And they accepted her.

She was the star of the choir, because talent like hers comes along once in a lifetime. Hannah and I can both sing nicely, But Grandma is the best of us all, No doubt about it. Anyway, One day a young man joined the choir, Only he couldn’t sing very well.

That man was my grandfather. According to grandma, he was wearing big, wide spectacles and a bow-tie. She thought he looked ridiculous, geeky and awkward. Still, when he asked her to tutor her, she said yes.

Immediately after their first practise she had a crush on him, Although Grandpa didn’t have a crush on her. Apparently he believed she already had a boyfriend, So when she asked him out, a sceptical thing to do in those days, he said no.

He didn’t want to date the type of girl who would cheat on her boyfriend in an instant, so they both went home sad that night, he, disappointed that she was that sort of person. She, sad and humiliated that he had said No.

Eventually, somehow he realised she didn’t have a boyfriend and regretted what he had said that night. They were engaged to be married a year later.

When I was younger, in my tweens, I thought this sort of thing would happen to me one day, that it was a normal way to get married. When I heard my parents story, I felt disappointed. They had met at a house-warming party and a one of their friends made them go on a blind date, It wasn’t as satisfying as Grandmother’s tale.

I always wondered how I would get married, who It would be with and when. It was obvious Natalie and Liam were going to have the perfect happy-ever-after, they were a perfect couple. I don’t know about Hannah and Zayn… they just seemed to be friends to me. And as for Molly and Louis, they were probably going to end up killing each other.

I guess I don’t really want to fall in love and get married like grandmother, but I don’ want to have my parent’s ending either. I just want to be surprised.

But the one problem with the whole thing is the love thing. I don’t really like putting myself out there… Because it only hurts when you start to care.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Sorry that this chapter’s kind of sad… but I wanted to a sad one, not because I’m emo or anything, but I think I write best when the characters get emotional.

X Gwen