Chapter Thirty

YAY! Awesome news! I’M GETTING MY IPOD BACK! (Just for anyone who knows and cares) anyway, to celebrate, I posted this chapter.

.

.

.

.

Harry’s POV

.

.

.

.

Lucy and I have been here for three hours, she hasn’t said anything, but she’s clutching my hand like she thinks I might go to.

I wouldn’t leave her.

Zayn left a while ago, he was really upset, tears streaming down his face. The nurses say Hannah might not recover, that her burns have caused too much damage…

They say it was a house fire, that she was sleeping and she left the leather chair too close to the gas heater, They say she didn’t wake, she didn’t realise.

Maybe her dreams were peaceful.

For Lucy’s sake, I hope so.

It’s funny how people come and go, out of everyone I know, I would not expect it to be Hannah lying here on the hospital bed.

Hannah, who was the most popular girl in our grade.

Hannah, who cared so much about her sister.

Hannah, who loved to play dress-ups.

Lucy’s parents will be here in the morning, as they live in Britain.

Her mum sounded so worried on the phone.

Lucy sighs and turns her head to me. “You should go, Harry.”

“No.” I say, looking at her sad eyes. “I’ll stay here with you.”

“Ok.” She says, settling her head on my shoulder.

And we sit there like that, waiting for a sign that Hannah might be all right.

.

.

.

The Next Day