|| 058 - Unexpected Sacrifice ||

~ Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.

~ Les Brown

He scraped his Timberlands across the gritty ground, coming closer to the guard of the Underworld. I still couldn't get my head around Dion sacrificing himself for the sake of us. None of us wanted this to happen...especially Ita.

"Dion, p-please." She broke out, heaving his hand back. His face met hers with such despondency.

"I want you to live your life. I'm doing this for you. For all of you." We all murmured in disagreement, not wanting him to leave us. And anyway, it only made sense if I were the one to take the fall.

"Well, hurry up and say your goodbyes. I don't even know why you're so upset about this greedy pig leaving you." Ita stormed right up to his face.

"Don't EVER call him a greedy pig again. You're the one who made him into this wreck. Oh god, I just WISH that you weren't immortal. Then you'll be put through serious damage. And before you hit back with your stupid comments, it'll be all of us taking us, especially Ely." I sent her a thumbs up for unleashing the truth so in-depth. However, those irritating cackles erupted.

"Oh believe me, sweetheart. I'll be doing a lot more than that when your little boyfriend's stuck here with me for all eternity. And, that's reminds me, his pain resistance will be vanished. So he'll be able to feel everything I put him through."

"STOP IT!" Now Mum rushed up to him, grabbing the string of his shoulder pads, jerking him into place.

"Ooh Persephone, I love it when you take control." He sneered at Mum.

"Shut up. Now you listen to me. I may not be able to set him free from his Gluttony, but I can certainly set him free from you." He stopped his menacing sniggers and soon gulped at the fierceness at my mother.

"I'll make you a proposition."

"I'm listening." She definitely caught his attention now. And I think the eight of us were intrigued about the contents of this proposal.

"I will stay seven months with you each year and seven months in Mount Olympus. Only if Dion is kept away from harm with me, safe in Olympus."

"Your Mum is something else." Mona whispered to both of us Roselli Brothers.

"We know." AJ simply replied, kissing the top of her head.

Hades didn't have to think about this deal for long as he knew that his prayers had somewhat been answered. He was going to have his wife back into his kingdom.

Whereas for Dion and Ita, they stood there, embracing each other so compassionately. We could see how painful it was for both of them.

"Well Mrs Alan Sugar. You got yourself a deal."

She was willing to sacrifice herself, even though she didn't want anything to do with him anymore. It was for the sake of a young boy who had yet to taste the air of freedom. Unfortunately, he wasn't able to live it out the same as we were going to. Fortunately, he was going to be located to a place where love was present.

As we witnessed the two shake hands, she quickly turned to Dion and Ita, grabbing a hand each.

"Oh my darlings, I've done the best I could do. I wish you were able to carry out your lives together on the outside world." The young couple simply reassured her that they were one trillion percent utterly grateful for the act Mum carried out.

"But." She added.

"That doesn't stop you from visiting him whenever you wish!" She upturned that diamond grin of hers, receiving two more in return.

"Thank you. For everything. We cannot put into words how grateful we are for your true kindness." Dion exclaimed, pulling Persephone into a warm hug.

"You don't need to, Dear. I can see it."

The Virtues were still flickering rabidly, floating in mid air. I glanced at them all hovering in a row then sent a look to the other Sinners. Each one stepped forward to be in line with myself, waiting until every soul was directly in front of the light rod.

"Just take the rod and press it firmly against your chests to make yourselves free." Mum spoke with such poise.

Right, this was it. My Wrath was going to be disintegrated. I was going to be a permanent Sinner no more, fore the time had finally come to cleanse my ways...finally.

Each of us, took the light and followed her instructions, just dreaming on the spot as we waited for affect. As it was injected into our bodies, it was though the feeling of eternal sin was literally being pulled out of our bodies.

One transformation I definitely felt seeping out of my body was my mars black eyes and veins. Oh how relieved I was to bid farewell to them. I was finally able to give people eye contact without scaring them off. But even with whatever coloured eyes or veins, I knew I was never going to scare the most important person present in my life away. I think it is safe to say...

That I've made it to the finish line. At. Bloody. Last.