|| 022 - Pure Re-encouragement ||

~ Tears are prayers too. They travel to God when we can't speak.

Psalm 56:8

~

Rani's face was slapped blank.

"That was just the alcohol talking. Yes, we did it. So what? Doesn't mean anything now, so just come on and get out of here." As she turned round, the two girls smirked to each other as they began to follow closely behind.

"Yeah. Sure it doesn't." Mona giggled to Ita.

I didn't even care what was going on, there was no point.

——

Dion's home was just like another average Toronto, Ontario working class family. However, the interior was destroyed by empty sweet wrapper mountains, and so many empty Big Mac and Double Quarter Pounder Cheeseburger boxes, blanketing the two couches.

"I do normally clean up. It was just a little bit of a rush this morning as I had to meet you guys at the airport." He stated, not wanting to set a bad reputation for himself.

"Hey, don't worry about it. We don't judge." Ita clarified, resting her arm around the anxious teenager. But, she didn't stop there.

"Well...we don't. I don't know about Ely." I soon was alerted, skimming through each laughing face. My eyes rolled back at them all. Everyone is always riling me up on purpose. It's like they enjoy it, for entertainment purposes.

"Oh my God, you're so hilarious!" I sarcastically replied, faking a light hearted smile, only for a nanosecond before my black eyes said hello to my scowl.

The six of us were in Dion's large bedroom, rewarding ourselves with a little bit of a break, this time actually making casual conversation without any mishaps or arguments. The two other lads were rather cosy as they lounged on the top half of his bed whilst the other girls sat nearer the bottom and for me, I plonked myself down on a comfy little chair beside the King sized bed.

"So where are your parents at, D?" Eron asked, looking down at him as he was resting his head on Eron's lap, in which Eron unknowingly just began to let his fingers have a little play with Dion's coal bangs.

"Who knows? They say they are going out for some work meeting but it happens nearly everyday. So I'm always here on my own." He sighed, trying his best the master a smile. But you could clearly tell that he was hurting, like the rest of us. However, he tended to display it more.

"Aww how come Dion?" Rani frowned at his sheer pain gleaming through his mask.

"I think that they're ashamed of me."

"Why? For what? For being bulimic?" I questioned, curious for the answer.

"Yeah. For being mentally unhealthy. For not being their golden son, adopted son. For not being a child of faith. Everything, bro." Ouch. I wasn't very good at showing empathy but, I could really feel the pain he was screaming aloud for everyone to finally hear.

"But most of all...I'm ashamed of myself." We all suddenly jumped to his defence. We could just witness Dion self-deflating exposed to failure.

"Oh Dion." Mona whined weakly.

"None of us want you to be ashamed of yourself. And we're never gonna be ashamed of you. Especially me." Eron exclaimed, making it crystal clear that he would never give him the cold shoulder. All this time I thought he was saying all this stuff just because he wanted him for his own personal gain yet, it seemed like he felt that he really had something special for him.

"It doesn't matter if we've only known you for a minute. You matter so much to us. We all feel the same. Even Ely." Once again. Once again I was thrown under the bus like before. For some reason, I wasn't even able to lift up a fist, but instead let out a very soft and swift chuckle, joining in with them all.

"You really mean that?"

"Of course we do. And you don't need to put up a front anymore with us. Pretend like you're something you're not. You can finally act yourself around us, as we now can with you." His eyes were finally opened. He didn't have to act like the Gluttonous Dion Li, but the reserved, caring and loving Dion Trenmernché.

He hugged each individual in the room, saving his most preferred friend 'til last. We could sense that he felt so included now that he had fellow Sinners to finally confide in.

And we were more than happy to do that.

And yes, even me.