|| 055 - Nothing Like a Mother's Touch ||

~ How wonderful; How strange.
To be loved by something that hates all else.

~ Unknown

~

So this was Persephone. My mum...and AJ's. My god.

"I told you never to set foot in here again." Hades stated sternly yet letting a dash of sorrow ripple his voice.

Her gaze still remained on Hades (unfortunately) sighing with loose eyes.

"I was able to escape from my mother, to come and try and visit you to return one your golden trinket boxes that you must've left somehow under my bed." It glimmered in her fragile hands. Not only that, but there was what looked like a hovering light flickering with a green tinge peeping out of the carvings of the box. I was intrigued to see what was inside.

His expression became somewhat alerted, softening his disdained creases in his forehead. Perseph-I mean, Mum still hadn't noticed her two sons, standing an inch away from her radiance.

"Just give me it." He replied coldly, clicking his fingers, plied with impatience. His demand was eventually met, with her taking a few steps towards his altar, accidentally knocking into Ajax.

"Oh, I'm sorry dea-Ajax? Is that you?" Her face was now opposite his, with a hand placed beside his cheek. He returned the favour by mirroring her loving action towards her son. All of us were in awe at the sweet moment in front of us, both bodies whisked away at the sight of each other, keep in mind they haven't seen each other since the starting years of his life.

"Yes mum. It's me." His soft voice soothed her worries. And just as she was about take him into her embrace, that golden memory of hers never rusted. She took a step as she gasped.

"Oh. My. Goodness. Ely, it's you!" She cried silkily, as her voice acted like Pied Piper's flute, attracting me closer to her.

"My boys. At last, my two baby boys." I know this will be a mighty shock to all of you but the famous hard knock had many tears trickling down my face. Crazy innit? But this was an image that I only ever dreamed of, being face to face with the woman who brought me into this world the best she could.

Moreover, I still can't fathom that this beautiful soul was my mother. She still is a pure little girl at heart. Her heart was still crafted with bloomed daisies and peonies.

"Mum. I can't believe it's you." I couldn't say anything else to her, but instead crash in between her arms, clinging onto her for dear life. With my brother doing the same. You have no idea how safe I felt against her touch. It was like the whole world stopped in its tracks, just for me. Her frail whimpers harmonised with our own.

As we departed, she couldn't contain her exclamation, witnessing the other members of my family.

"I can't be dreaming! I can't! Rani, darling. You look stunning. Mona!! You still have a face of an angel. Lovely Ita, my pretty little flower hasn't changed one bit! And look at you, Eron! How handsome have you become, I didn't even think it was remotely possible! And is that Dion next to you? Oh dear, you look marvellous, and I'm so relieved those rosy cheeks and freckles haven't disappeared."

Everyone couldn't help but beam at my mum in joy to hear her kind words tickle all of their hearts with happiness that was longed for. She then came closer to Sloth, smiling widely into her tired eyes.

"And Gia. My precious girl, you look absolutely beautiful."

"She is, isn't she?" I added, proudly, wanting Mum to know that I was lucky enough to claim her as mine. My kitten.

I beckoned her towards Mum, sliding an arm around her. She bashed her lashes innocently and shyly, nervously biting the end of the sleeves again.

Mum went wide eyed with delight.

"Are two a couple?" She asked, overloading with hope.

"Yes, we are. And I want to tell you this, because I feel like you should know."

"Go ahead, son. What is it you wish to tell me?"

"All eight of us have a significant other, more than that...a lover. Ajax and Mona, Dion and Ita, Eron and Rani and of course Gia and I. But, that wretched soul over there, has made it impossible to express our love and that little drop of good we still have in ourselves by unleashing all of his sorrows onto us, which I'm sure you know all about. And let me tell you about how desperate we've become." Her left hand now became empty, now placing the trinket box in the care of Eron.

"You have my full attention, Ely. Now tell me everything." Now both of her hands slotted into mine, lightly trembling with reluctance.

"Now a while back, I was at my breaking point. And that's when I started to develop ideas about my violent actions well...I tell a lie, I always knew, but at that point I had enough. So I made it my duty to find all the like minds in this world so, I searched all over to find them which was a success. It took me ages but I eventually got there. And before you ask if I already knew that I was looking for my ex girlfriend at the time, no, I had no clue. Thanks to Hades, in past lives I first fell in love with Gia and when I confessed my love to her, my life had been reset so I knew only our memories but I couldn't even remember her name. But when I found her again, it was like my whole life had a purpose. However, we were able to keep our rekindled relationship a secret from Hades. But Mum, we're all immortal. We'll have these sins unendingly. So that's why we're here, to ask for freedom. But as we expected, it was a waste of time coming here."

I found myself flicking her tears away with my thumbs after I reminisced the journey.

"Oh Ely. You've all suffered hell. I can't even imagine what that horrible man has done to you. I will see what I can do to get your life back."