|| 039 - One of Them ||

~ You are a perfect balance of Heaven and Hell, a purgatory of passion and pain.

~Jessica Katoff

~

What we found...changed the game completely. In Ajax's left palm, was a smudged looking circle. And in that circle...

All of our birthmarks

All of our birthmarks. All of our vermin that made us different from everybody else, were duplicated in his hand. It was easy to tell from that birthmark, he was one of us.

"That's our birthmarks!" Mona shuffled closer to him, to where their shoulders were touching and he upturned a faint smile. It was clear that he had a small thing for her. And funnily enough, judging by her face when she first laid eyes on him, she felt the same way. She rolled up her sleeve of the expensive lace sleeveless top she was wearing, to expose the inked symbol of Greed that was plastered on her forearm.

Each one of us followed her actions, showing our painful reminders.

"If you have all of our symbols in one big circle..I think this means that.." I paused for a moment, just to run over my analysis in my head. I was certain.

"You're a Sinner, that is guilty of all of ours combined." I realised. His lost eyes darted around briefly, trying to get his head around the whole thing. It was quite a lot to take in. Especially from strangers that he's never met before.

"Wait! Show me your other hand as well." Mona's hands scuttled to Ajax's right hand, gently unraveling it from a tense fist.

"What is it, sweetheart?" Ajax spoke softly to her, wooing her. There was no point denying now that her crush wasn't just one way. However, he could've been acting as how Eron did with the people that fell under his spell..under his temptation. But I don't think that was the case. E, if he only uses her I'm giving you permission to smash his face in. On this one occasion.

She smiled, not only that the fact that her dream guy was flirting with her but at the other fact that she tried to cheer both herself and Ajax up as she knew what exactly the other tattoo meant.

The hourglass.

"This hourglass. We've all got it in the palm of our hands. It means that our time is limited. We don't what will happen when it runs out but, all we know is that it's not good at all." She explained, shaking her head as she sighed at how low the ink was in his ticking time bomb. Funnily enough, it was identical to mine. There was something peculiar going on here.

"But...I have to ask you guys something. I know that we have to reverse the curse back as that is another thing I hear Dad rant on about, making sure that you don't get granted freedom. But why did he even give you these sins in the first place?"

"Honestly, lad, I don't have a clue. I don't even know how he knows us. He won't even tell me why he chose us, why he uses the term "The Creator", why he puts us through hell and why exactly he found it right to reset my life when I confessed to Gia." I was speaking with every ounce of frustration and tiredness. The others agreed, sighing.

"I can see why he'd punish you with these Sins..as you're his son, even though he shouldn't even punish you for something you don't even know about. I just don't get it." Dion began to speak up after remaining quiet for a while. His face just displayed fear, but Ita was by his side, locking her hand in his to rescue him from fright.

Suddenly, there was a growling noise drawing nearer. Ajax assured us that it was nothing. Well...it was something but it was harmless.

"Don't worry guys. It's just Cerberus, he normally comes over here because he knows that I've always got a treat to give him." We already knew who Cerberus was, but we wasn't expecting that he was actually a rather sound dog...or dogs for that matter.

He paws equipped with razor sharp claws scraped along the ground as he stopped right outside the son of Hades' door, with his tongue stuck out, dripping with putrid green slobber. Obviously he couldn't come in because, y'know, he's a bit too big to fit through the door so Ajax led us all out to meet the "malicious" three headed dog for ourselves.

"Hello boy! You're in a playful mood today!" Cerberus bounced around us, always swooping his head next to us to be petted. Literally...he was just like a normal dog. But as Ajax explained, he must've known that we weren't mortals otherwise he would've acted terrifyingly violent to us.

"Chill, he's actually alright. He won't bite, maybe Ely though." He joked. He kept coming for me any little chance he had, the vile dic-delinquent. And the annoying thing was, that I couldn't start a fight otherwise our chance of opening the door to freedom would be incredibly jeopardised.

"Ha ha, you think you're proper hilarious don't ya?" My face remained straight, pretty much at the end of my wick. I currently had a large rock secured in my hand, given to me by Gia, her attempt to calm me down. But I only went and split it in two with a single bare hand, didn't I? My anger was raging uncontrollably...that I broke the rock.

"Jesus Christ, I need a smoke. I can't deal with you lad." I was stressing at this point. I seriously wanted to knock the living daylights out of him. But his cocky self couldn't help but throw more fuel on the fire.

"Go on, there's a black box on top of the shelf in the right hand corner. Knock yourself out. But don't go stealing my clobber, yeah? You'll get what's coming to ya if you do." No reply left my mouth, just my middle finger did the talking for me. Why was he making this harder for everyone? Deliberately winding me up every second. However, he said knock myself out so I might've as well took advantage of that offer, even if I did particularly dislike the lad. By fishing out a cigarette packed with marijuana. I needed something stronger.