|| 054 - An Unexpected Visitor ||

~ How does one defeat their darkest damage? You take a lesson from Persephone, learning how to adapt to hell and glow as brightly as the sun, even when you are surrounded by the dark.

~Nikita Gill

~

I said it. And did I regret it? Frig no! I felt more relief than anything, finally crowning Aergia's daughter with such a fragile phrase, one that obviously meant so much to the both of us.

"Ely! What've you done?" Her voice sounded like shattered glass. Her hand trembled against my cheek as I shot an in-depth gaze at her glossy hazel pools. The others just waited with reluctance.

"What d'you mean? I'm not keeping you a secret anymore. Why would I shield the only light I have left?" Her frown soon transformed into a mere lighten of her lips. I knew I had gotten through to her, but it was all down to the conniving old swine at the end of the day.

"I knew it. All along. And you know that retribution will be brutal. Not only will you be banished from each other permanently, also ALL of your memories from your 'romantic' time together will be erased, not like the last time when I excused that detail. I will be sure to make both of your lives hell and even more so for you, Ely." I knew that I was digging my own grave. But I couldn't keep a lid on my feelings. I still couldn't believe that I was so stupid in believing that I'd be able to hide Gia forever from him?

I turned from her, about to stand my ground against him once again...until...

"Well...if you're gonna punish him, punish us." Ajax and Mona clarified as one, their hands intertwined lovingly.

"And us." Dion and Ita were next to pull back the curtains of their relationship.

"And us." Surprisingly, it wasn't Eron who broke the silence but, in fact it was Rani! Finally breaking the status of their 'lust and sex only' relationship. We all knew it was more than that. It was time that she knew it, because we all knew that Eron was besotted already.

She scooped his hand in hers, shuffling closer to him whilst sending him a dazzling smile which none of us had seen before. It was only grunts and snarls.

"You slithering little squealers. None of you deserve love! If I had no luck, there's certainly no way in hell that I'm going to allow you to have any!" He was still standing his ground, defiant as always.

I kept Gia close to my side as her arms were chained around my torso. The sleeves of my jumper began to ride up her arms, revealing her reminiscing sorrowful scars. I knew that Hades had no idea about how hurt she was actually feeling. I spotted his eyes dart down to her wounds. With some sort of second thought appearing in those abnormal eyes of his.

Dion was already breaking a tear, with his younger girlfriend comforting his utter distress he was expressing. We were only waiting for an answer to our cry for help.

"Please. We just want a life worth living. We now know how you felt in the presence of our mothers and we do feel for you." I cut Eron off with a scoff, after he talked for me with a statement I was more than livid with. Feel for you!? Feel for you my arse.

"As I was saying, we really didn't mean to cause you any harm at all. You've penalised our moms, but please, don't keep doing the same to us. And I know you're not gonna change your mind but, you can see how bad we're suffering. We really can't go on anymore. And yes, we've gotten up to the point where we're begging for your mercy. Please, let us go as free people."

This time, his thought became delayed, not swift like he was to me. I was wondering whether or not that I should've taken a softer approach- wait. Actually no! I don't need to take a softer approach with anyone! I've been made to be a psycho so I intend to live it up, unfortunately. I have no bloody choice.

He came up to Eron's godlike face, protracting his sandalled soles against his obsidian steps. His eyes became transfixed on one out of his seven stepchildren, tucking his platinum hair behind his ear.

"I don't thi-."

"Hey!" He was stopped in his tracks by a silky yet firm female voice echoing out from the entrance gate as it swung back, letting this mysterious woman make herself known to us.

Our heads jolted to the noise, seeing this prestige beautiful woman, her rich orchid pink toga swishing about as she glided over the cracking surface. The deep taupe hair that cascaded down her back framed her face delicately as gold strands topped to shimmer. The skin of her was complete pristine. The fair complexion of her glowed from a mile away as her light glistening eyes hid every now and then beneath her long satin black lashes.

She was breathtaking, there was no doubt that this entity was a goddess. There was not one head that wasn't turned on her.

Who was she?

"P-Persephone? What are you doing here?"