|| 009 - Near Relinquishment ||

Depression is rage spread thin.

~ George Santayana

~

"So, what else has Eron said to you?" I asked her. "Without seducing you, that is." I added on the end. His charm wouldn't work that well on her anyway, yet that doesn't stop it completely. I admit, within my first hour of arriving at the Lachapelle's humble abode, my reckless thoughts got the better of me, nearly breaking down a door.

"Oh well he tried, I'm not denying that. He was wanting to fly over here but I just said that we'll come over to him. It's just that I want to go to America." She replied, injected with animosity, arrogance and of course....Pride.

"Well, I think that's best. I've been getting some rather weird cryptic code like messages said in my ear." With a flip of the hair, Ita tapping her baby pink shellac nails against her jawline, intrigued to hear my assumptions.

"Ooh what cryptic codes exactly?"

"Someone keeps whispering letters of place names and then saying continents straight after." Both of our eyes dotted around, trying to work out the puzzle. She ordered me (obviously) to fetch some paper and some pens to jot down all the key points I spat out.

O
R
T
N
O
O
T - North America
--
E
O
R
V
N
A - Europe
--
U
C
O
F
R - Europe
--
A
U
A
R
T
N
G
A - Oceania
--
"Look Ely. I'm gifted with brains but do you think that I can solve all these out right now?" I rolled my eyes at her. She's such a stuck up! Bloody hell E! I don't know how many times I have to tell you to just keep it closed. Do you want her help or not?

"Oh just give it here. You're not the only one with brains here. So look here, these could be the places that the others are located. Let's start with the ones in Europe."

She took the paper off me as I mentally huffed, clicking the pen a few times to grasp thought of the muddled up words.

"Ely my head's mashed!" She sighed, flinging herself back onto the bed whilst I remained on the edge, zooming in on the words and letters, scribbled onto the smooth white paper.

"Come on, Ita! Let's look at the one with the least letters then first." She wasn't having any of it. Her feisty figure shot up, chucking her fountain pen down onto her grey carpet floor in an instant. We didn't need this now.

"Ita!" The aubergine haired fifteen year old disappeared into her massive walk in wardrobe, yelping in frustration.

"If this is gonna happen for every clue we get, count me out! You can do it on your own." She slid down onto the floor, slotted in between her designer garments.

"Are you messing right now? You're not getting out of this now. What's happened to all of this "let's beat this Creator" attitude? You'll just have to deal with it" She scoffed ignorantly, once again rolling her eyes. I was starting to lose my patience with this girl.

"I thought you wanted to be free! Well obviously not." I quickly bundled one of the sleeves from her silk seven hundred euro blouses and yanked it out the way, as a support to stand myself up.

"Hey! Watch it! I got that when I went to Corfu last summer! I swear if you touch any of my stuff again then I'll-" I walked out in the middle of her empty threat, snatching the piece of paper with the cryptic messages spilled out on the page. To her surprise, during her mid breakdown, she had potentially slipped out a relevant clue.

"Erm excuse me? That was rude to just walk out." I shut her up by shoving the paper in her face. Coercing her to study the group of letters, of the second European city.

"Wait. It's Corfu!! That's the word!!" Her eyes nearly popped out of her head, rushing out of the wardrobe and back onto her memory foam mattress. Thank goodness for that. I actually thought you were going to quit then.

My heart floated back up to its necessary place, shaking the idea off that Ita was nearly a gonner. However, I was not going to allow that to happen. I was certainly not going to experience another life in depression and despondency again. Or any other Sinner.

And that included Ita. Even if she was a ostentatious big headed bi-

ELY!