|| 013 - Envy ||

Envy ~ Desiring what others have.
Terrace 2; the envious have their eyes sewn shut for gaining sinful pleasure from seeing others brought low.

~

Mona's house was rather small. And Ita and I could now see how much her sin was dominating her whole life. Her 'parents' were in no place to shower her with everything she requested.

Now the latest Sinner we had picked up was in great rush to find the next victim before we went flew over to Eron. There was still a Sinner left located in Europe and according to the anonymous voice I heard, they are not that far away.

All three of us were glued to phones and computers, investigating every vital clue we found about our next target. All we had so far was that their located city was Corfu. That was until Mona shrilled loudly, sinking deeper into her phone screen.

"What have you found, Mon?" Ita scuttled towards her, impatient to know what she had just discovered.

"There's this word that keeps being mentioned in my ear. I don't know who it is or where it's coming from but I think it could be a clue to find the next Sinner."

"What's the word, Mona?" I was very eager to know this voice that kept rewarding me and now the daughter of Greed with vital hints that could change the whole game.

"Id..Indrani?" All of us shot our eyes up into our head in thought. Indrani? Is that their name.

"Search it"

"So obviously this isn't the Sinner of Wrath, that's me

"So obviously this isn't the Sinner of Wrath, that's me. So it must be..." I trailed off into deep inquisition once more until Ita answered my riddle for me.

"Jealousy? Wait! Envy." She had cracked it. The next Sinner was the child of Envy.

"Do you think they'd have an Insta account?" Mona wondered, twiddling her shimmering straight ebony painted locks. I took to my phone to explore.

"Worth a shot." My tongue stuck out like a sore thumb, drowning in the depths of concentration.

"I've typed in the name Indrani but, nothing's coming u-." I was stopped by staring at a profile picture that showed a girl's tanned skinned neck, with a familiar looking mark on the left side of her Adam's apple. E, that's similar to yours.

I flattened out my palm for the two girls to see, as we all knew what the symbol for Envy was

I flattened out my palm for the two girls to see, as we all knew what the symbol for Envy was. We've found her.

"But you've just said nothing's come up for that name." Ita was baffled, just not getting her head around how I had found the Sinner so speedily.

"Her name's Rani."

"Ohhhh. That makes sense now." Her full name was Rani Cemalia. I had to repeat her surname again for Mona as she misheard, thinking it was Cemali. Little did she know...

"Mona." I said bluntly in shock.

"What? Have I done something wrong?"

"The complete opposite. What words do you associate with envy?" I questioned the both of them, soon receiving an answer from Mona.

"Jealousy, covet, evil, malice, backbiti- HOLD ON A MINUTE!" Her mind was indicating her to stop at malice.

"Her last name is a rearrangement of "Malice!" Yet made suitably for society with an 'A' plonked on the end.

Rani's POV.
Ugh. Do people have to let me know what they are privileged to have in life? They don't deserve any of it. It's not fair at all the people I know have all the stuff they want but they don't deserve it, it should be me.

Yes, I have stolen a few bits and bobs from "friends". Okay maybe more than a few but it's because it should be me owning them. I should be the one with a boyfriend who is all over me. Well I'm not going to lie to you, they're another thing I've stolen from people. I do have the looks but, where's that going to get you?

Furthermore, I should be the one who people should be friends with. I don't understand who would not want to be friends with me. But to be honest, I don't like a lot of people, considering that they've got all of the stuff that I should be having.

My 'mother' keeps babbling on about how childish I'm being

"Rani, sweetheart. You're eighteen now. Get a grip."

Get a grip!! Oh please. I know you believe in all that crap about the Seven Deadly Sins but that is so lame. Ha! More like Seven Measly Sins. Go on! Report me for being jealous. It's not even a crime and I'm not even envious. I just don't think that people should deserve half the privileges they are gifted with.

I'll show everyone.

It. Should. Be. Me.