|| 049 - Sloth's Mother ||

Aergia ~ Goddess of Sloth, idleness, indolence and laziness.

~

I guess it's time for sleeping beauty's turn. Actually...I'd be lying if I called you a sleeping "beauty". Now your mum was the laziest git going. I still can't believe I was stupid enough to fall in love with her. Now let me tell you about the great Aergia.

She actually already was situated in the Underworld, as that is her abode. But, she was located right on the south side, hence why I didn't land eyes on her sooner. However, I did see servants that weren't mine, complete daily chores.

When I first stumbled across her, I must say, she did look GORGEOUS. There was no denying that and there was just this soothing lethargic tone in her voice that made it impossible to not fall for. Additionally, I felt incredibly sorry for her that she just couldn't push herself to daily jobs. And I wanted to help her with that. Especially that she was expecting a baby girl very soon.

I was extremely deep in love with her.

Probably out of the past marriages I was involved in, I can tell you that I made Aergia my wife in the shortest amount of time in meeting her. But that was until I met another woman. But I'm not going to say anything else about her until it's her turn to be explained about.

Aergia was a pure soul, well that's what I first thought. Even though she hardly did any jobs, she was great with the children so that also planted the thought that she was going to be great with you.

We managed to pull through hardships and tried our hardest to keep control over the three eldest children and their Sins fully activating.

By the time you were brought into the world, we thought that you were the best thing to ever happen to it...but that wore off after a few days. We were back to our old ways however, Aergia became even worse as she began to fake being sick, just to get out of looking after her own daughter. She thought that she could get away with this forever. That just proved not only was she jam packed with indolence, but she was super deluded.

I had to run around nearly the whole of Greece completing errands for her lazy backside, not forgetting looking after five kids who I grew to despise.

And as time passed, her idleness spiralled our of control. I once left for a few days to see to my brother Poseidon, I come back, only to see Rani, Eron, Mona, Dion and you, slowly dying of hunger. I was utterly appalled.

Flashback...
After seeing you all suffering immensely, I spotted Aergia, sleeping. This was beyond a joke. That time had come to where I was at my breaking point. So with witnessing her selfishness, I yanked the satin covers off of her and demanded answers.

H: In the beginning, I wanted to help you, I really did. But I knew it was too good to be true. I was warned about you by many but no, I decided to ignore them and marry you in an instant.

A: Well that is your fault.

H: Are you serious!? How are you finding a way to pin this on me?

A: I didn't decide to get married to you within the first two weeks of being with each other.

H: Aergia, honey. It takes two to make the decision to get married. And it seems to me that you were even more up for it than I was! So don't play that card with me!

A: Don't you dare patronise me! You're acting so immaturely.

H: I can patronise you, because you are acting like a child. And I've got such a valid reason. YOU ARE NEGLECTING THE KIDS!

A: Well that isn't my fault!! Anyway, Gia is a nightmare to be around. I'm glad that I'm rather here than anywhere near her.

H: You have to be joking right now! That's your baby you've just insulted. Y'know, your only child, remember?

A: Oh just be quiet, will you?

H: No I won't! All you do everyday is lie on your ass, expecting everybody else to do your work for you. I was completely wrong about you.

A: And you've only just realised that? Just leave me alone.

H: Oh you think that this is sorted that easily? Think again! You, go back to your realm of the Underworld. I'm done.

A: Thats the best thing you've ever said. Don't worry. Why would I waste my time here any longer?

H: Maybe because that's where your daughter is? How pathetic.

A: Alright! I'm going! Just let me do that in peace, please.

H: Do you need someone to help you with that or are you too lazy to do it yourself?

End of flashback...

She was certainly a handful to deal with. So after any trace of her banished from my realm, I now spilled my anger onto you, with no regrets. And I still have no regrets with doing so. You're a disappointment for having that as a mum. There was no other option.