Chapter 42: The michivious one

"What are you planning to do from now on?"

Makarov stood at the entrance of the Ryuzetsu land with both of his hands at his back, staring out to the starry sky. The woman with her dyed violet curlies flowing at her back walked through the doors with a gentle smile. Makarov could hardly recognize the Jamie that he had known for years. With her current outfit, a turtle-neck, sleeveless black top and brown high waist shorts and combat boots made her look more feminine and mature. A belt with a few small bags was strapped loosely around her low waist, and a dark-purple cape was strapped around her neck with an emblem of Sabertooth symbol was carved on it. Without her iconic blue orbs, it is barely recognizable that this woman is the tom-boy child that always make the mages' life miserable. It is as if the mischievous child that still kept a grin on her face had long gone and replaced with a mature, beautiful woman.

"I might need to stay behind the scenes for a while."

"Not going to directly back to the guild?"

"Well, my identity as Jamie Kransinki is supposed to be dead. So suddenly appearing in front of my guildmates might be a huge surprise for the whole guild and you know how I love surprises. I wonder how they will react if they saw the supposing dead master appeared in front of them as a living person? I might need to sneak take a few pictures of their ridiculous faces secretly."

Nevermind. The mischievous side of her had grown and laid hidden within her innocence appearance.

Makarov sweat-dropped at Jamie's words yet continued to hold his firm expression. Unnoticed by Jamie, Mavis had beside Makarov all the time, started to giggle at her comments as she's starting to love this girl more.

"Well, this is where we should say goodbye. Do you want me to tell the guild that you had left?"

"Hm~it's fine. I will present myself later on after the Grand Magic Game."

Jamie continued her way forwards, leaving some distance with Makarov before she stopped and turned around.

"Oh, but please tell Lucy that I had quit since we are the ones that created 'Quin.' If you want to find me for the next few days before my reveal, Lucy will know the address that I'm staying. See you then."

With a playful wink and a wave, Jamie walked out of Ryuzetsu land without looking back. Makarov and Mavis watched her figure disappearing before returning to the other guildmates. As they walked a few steps, Mavis heard sniffing beside her and revealed a weary smile.

"It's always sad to see people leaving the guild right, Sandaime?"

Makarov didn't reply yet Mavis had already know the answer, silently walked alongside the old man whose tears wouldn't stop dripping out of his eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

"So you are coming back?"

With a weary smile on her face, the woman with purple hair had a cape over her head replied to the voice that was echoed through her earing. The purple lacrima crystal glowed under the moonlight revealing the beautiful face of the woman walking along the silent streets.

"Sorry for the long wait."

"Not really. I thought you would take a longer time to decide."

The woman revealed a sad smile; slight sympathized the caller on the other side of the crystal.

"I'm planning to reclaim my position."

"Then are you going to stay with us from now on? Leaving that so-called family of yours?"

"Yea, I already told Master- no, Makarov that I'll not be coming back anymore."

"Hm~"

The woman, or Jamie, let out a giggle as she pouted at the sarcastic tone of the caller.

"What? You don't want me to be back, Minerva?"

"No. Leaving the guild that you should be responsible to a brat with a stupid reason, recreating an identity with a former guildmate and rejoining your so-called family to meet your admirer is not an obvious sign of your intention to not rejoin our guild again."

"Ugh."

With the evident points that Minerva had presented that made Jamie stopped her actions, and a frown was replaced. With the sarcasm in Minerva's words, Jamie had gone gloomy.

"You don't have to list it out, Minerva. I know that you hate me for leaving the guild, to meet the Fairy Tail members."

"More like I thought that you would join the other guild because a certain blond-haired dragon slayer robbed the heart of our Nidaime."

"Wha-"

Frozen from Minerva's sudden attack, Jamie blushed at her words as she can feel her body temperature had abruptly raised.

"T-That's not-"

"Yea Yea, don't tell me that you didn't have a crush on him and wanted to get near him due to your emotions through the past years."

Jamie immediately shut her mouth, trying so hard to think of a reason to revolt against that argument, yet her brain couldn't process at all as it only reflected the scene that Laxus kiss on her shoulder during Mirajane's competition. Her face was heated up as steam was coming out from her ears. She covered her face with both hands, embarrassed at the scene.

"You seriously need to tell me what happen with him during your stay within Fairy Tail."

"THERE IS NO WAY THAT I COULD TELL YOU THAT."

"So something did happen. Don't think you can escape from me."

Ugh. I have dragged my own grave.

Jamie whined as she continued her way back to her temporary apartment in Crocus. With the conversation still on-going with Minerva, her feet stopped in front of a red-bricked two-story house. Opening the front door as she continued to processed walking inside the hall. There are five apartments in the house as the room is connecting all the flats. The walls of the room were painted with brownish red, and the stairs and floor were painted in white, emitting a cozy, comfortable vibe. A painting was hung on the first floor and in front of the painting, a table with a vase of flowers that neatly decorated in the hall. Jamie followed the mat laid underneath her and walked up the stairs to the second floor. She opened the second door that revealed a massive room with a warm color theme. Putting her side bag down and immediately jumped on to her bed, she sighed in exhaustion.

"So when are you coming back? Better be early, Mervin is getting out of control."

"Hm~ maybe after the Grand Magic Games."

"Are you still planning to play the game of stay and wait? The guild is going to collapse at this point."

"Then let it collapse and let's start a new one."

"....Jamie."

"Just joking, Minerva. I know what you mean, but I have this feeling that something bad is happening very soon. This bad thing will become beneficial to the guild."

"....."

Listening to Jamie's words, Minerva just sighed in annoyance, didn't even bother to argue with her due to her stubbornness. Last time when they fought, Jamie had been so stubborn that she boycotted by not doing the paperwork on the table, not attending the meetings with other guild masters and council members and starved for three days to get Minerva's admission of defeat.

"Basically no matter what I said you only would come back at the end of the competition, right?"

"Correct~"

"I got it; then I will wait for your return, Nidaime."

"See you then, Minerva."

Ending the call with another click of the crystal, Jamie laid still on the bed with her eyes focused on the moon hanging in the starry sky. She smiled towards it before pushing herself up with both of her hands and head towards the shower room, not noticing the loud explosion of a particular swimming pool and the cries of the two victims that being forced to pay on the rebuilding of the pool.