Chapter 9: aftermath

"Why is the emblem gone?"A sad smile plastered on Mickey's face.

"Jamie calm down and listen." Jamie stood froze as Mickey took a deep breath.

"Macao removed the emblem, and you're no longer a Fairy Tail member."

The Third person's Pov

~at the East forest~

"Ha...Ha... Ha..." Tired breathless pants were heard in the middle of the forest. The young girl had her jacket taken off and only a tank top and baggy pants remained covering her body. Sweats and the odor of perspiration had pervaded around the young girl's body as she laid down on the grassy land.

"AWW!! I'm tired." Bruises and some scrapes had covered her body. The sensation of pain had sent electrical signals through her spine. She gasped and sat up from her laying position as she realized that there was a bruise on her back.

"Ah! I guess I had trained too much..." The girl stood up and let her raven hair down to her shoulders. Jamie sighed as she looked up to see the sky. It's been two years since the elite fairy tail members had been gone from the fairy tail guild. She still remembered the day that Mest, the council member, told the rest of the fairy tail member that Tenrou Island had disappeared after the attack of The Black Dragon of the Apocalypse, Acnologia. The possibility that the members had died was high and everyone was in sorrow.

Jamie had been broken as soon as she heard the news. She stayed in her room motionless, not wanting to do anything besides staying in Evergreen's room reminding her the memorable days. However, she quickly recovered on the next day, knowing that everyone suffered in the same pain. Her eyes gleamed with determined, she decided to do anything to keep the guild safe, until she's kicked out from fairy tail.

More specifically, Macao made her away so she can be safe.

"Why? Why!?? Why did he--"

"It's for your own safety, Jamie."

"W-what!?!?"

"Twilight Ogre had recognized your healing ability and determined that you may be a possibility to one of the ancient clans, the Raquan clan. They were forcing Macao to sacrifice you to Twilight Ogre in a way to repay the guild's debt. He couldn't bare seeing you being taken away, so he asked me to take you to a safer place away from Fiore." Jamie never thought that her identity would be exposed this quickly as she felt a cold shiver down her spine. Mickey put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a nod.

"You can't be here long. And you can't be with me since the twilight Ogre might found out that you're traveling with me." Mickey gave Jamie a pocket of money and gave her a small smile.

"You're going to the east. I will go the west. That's for the best." Mickey gave her a radiant smile and that the last night that Jamie ever saw her.

She sighed again and walked out from the forest. She wore her jacket and tied her waist length hair. Standing in front of her was a small treehouse. She opened the door and was greeted by an irritated granny.

"So you're back. How's the training?" Polyusica swept the floor with her broom as she heard the opening of the door. Jamie smirked with a victory.

"I had already mastered mental magic or neutral magic. But why do I need to learn this Porlyusica-sensei?" Porlyusica snorted at Jamie's oblivious attitude. She had been living with Porlyusica and training Neutral Magic for five months already, yet she didn't know the reason behind this training.

"BECAUSE YOU'RE AN RAQUAN OKEY?! IT'S DANGEROUS TO EXPOSE YOUR OWN IDENTITY!? YOUR WATER MAGIC IS DIFFERENT FROM ORIGINAL WATER MAGIC! BESIDES, HOW CAN A MAGIC THAT CONTROLLING ALL LIQUID TO SOLID SUBSTANCE CALLED AS A WATER MAGE!????" Polyusica pointed the black-haired mage as her face was fuming with rage. Jamie dropped his head and sorrow plastered on his face. She knew that she wasn't able to hide her identity any longer if she kept using her so-called 'water' magic. She might also bring danger for the fairy tail member since there are still dark-guilds out there searching for her. The clan of Raquan was a group of mage gifted with the magic of the moon god, Quan. They were able to control liquid substance and solidify them. However that the belief that common people held. Strong Raquan were able to control the atoms within any substance and similar to devil slayer magic, they are immune to any kind of curse. Despite the great power they hold within them, they have a kind nature. Most Raquan becomes a medic due to their ability to control poisons and help patients all around Earthland. Jealousy had always held within a lot of Mage eyes due to the overwhelming power that they process in their blood. One specific strong dark guild targeted the clan and murder every single Raquan, cause the massacre of the Raquan.

Jamie was the only Raquan left.

She remembers the day that her parents died in order to protect her. The left her the book of Quan, with all the techniques that she can learn from her 'water' magic. She wanted to take revenge from those dark guild people, without exposing his identity.

"I know. I know. I can't let the outside world know that I'm a Raquan." Jamie simply swept Polynesia's scream off her shoulders and went to the washroom. She took off the contacts that she had worn and reveal her mystery purple orbs. She then walked out again and saw Polyusica rearranging her herb table.

"You know that I can't just let another Raquan die in front of me. I had already lost a friend, I can't lose you too." Polyusica although was a former member of Fairy Tail, her skills and magic were learn by a friend from Raquan. She, therefore, knew about Jamie's situation and offering her help. Jamie sighed as she walked towards Polyusica.

"I'm sorry to remind you of your lost..." Jamie spoke in a much gentler voice. Polyusica abruptly turned around and glared at Jamie.

"I still can't believe you are descendent of hyame." Polyusica headed towards a shelf where jars of herb and books were arranged in orderly rows. She picked up a jar of herbs and opened the lid, taking out two leaves and applied them on Jamie's wounds.

Whining a bit in pain, Jamie laughed at Polyusica statement.

"Ha..Ha...Well, She is my mother." Jamie took a glimpse of her necklace which is a raindrop mental with a light-blue gem in the middle of the mental. She remembered, as if it happened just yesterday, a bloody figure gripped tightly on the blue spell book and the necklace jingles around her neck. The figure had lost all her strength from running away from the horrid scenes. The mother whose desperate on letting her children to escaped from the attack of the dark guild.

"Please remember Jamie that everyone in the village had always loved you." A young mother whose looked similar to thirties held her child and ran towards the forest. She put her child besides the bushes, as she continued her last words for the four-year-old child. The oblivious child continued sobbed as she witnessed her father being sliced in half. Her mother forced her daughter to look at the mother. The child stared at the serious, glowing purple orb that her mother consist. She immediately calmed down as the child realized the importance of the situation right now.

"Seek for survival and never tell anyone your identity for one single person may betrayal your trust. Keep the spell book safe and never let anyone open the book, other than yourself. For you, the righteous owner can hold the enormous duty to keep our clan's secret safe." The mother bends down to the child as she placed her necklace around the child's neck.

"And remember Jamie. Remember to always wear a smile, Being strong and soft as your parents stay strong in the darkness and gentle towards our family. Balance is important, please remember that." The mother, who plastered a radiant smile, then dashed towards the chaotic scenes. The child quickly turned around, silently sobbed in despair, as she continues the path toward the forest.

"Mother, Freed-nii, Evergreen-nee, Bickslow-nii, I'll stayed strong for all of you."