Chapter 37: The Blessing

Jamie....

Jamie...remember the magic words....

"Who...?"

With her eyes slowly opened, the darkness continued to spread around the area reflected into her eyes. A familiar voice echoes through the area as Jamie found recognition with the voice.

That nostalgic, gentle voice.

"What is it, Jamie? Not going along with Jasmine?"

The area brightened up and transformed, twisted into a green scenery. A woman stood behind her as Jamie turned around to track the facial structure of the woman. The woman wore a benevolent smile, continued to walk forward with her hand holding a basket of cloth. She clutched down as if Jamie's body shrank into a child. She then laid the basket at her side, smiling warmly, cupped Jamie's face as Jamie unconsciously pouted.

She doesn't know the reason behind her attitude towards this woman, yet she found some similarity to a person that she knew. Unable to remember the person, Jamie continued to pout as she grabbed the ends of her white dress, slightly teary looking at the woman.

"B-Because Jasmine said it's dangerous to follow her, s-so...."

"Well~ she's scared that she's going to let you hurt, so she didn't want you to come with her. But you know when you are in danger, I will always come and help! Remember the magic words?"

Smiling with such radiance, she nodded and raised her hand in the air as if she's answering a question in the class.

"Of course, I do it's-"

"Shhh!"

A finger placed on her lips, preventing her from continuing her phrase. She stared at the woman who stopped her from resuming the speech. Giggling in mirth with her eyes closed, she blinked her eyes open, revealing her ravishing purple orbs.

"You know it's a secret between the family, right?"

Jamie quickly covered her mouth, from letting the words escaping from her lips. Giggling at Jamie's action, the woman stood up and looked back to the village. The blazing sun reflecting the house painted the house with the red flames. The red flames then tore the homes into different parts, burying the whole area. Jamie quickly hid behind the woman and looked at the woman with fear in her eyes. The woman only had a weary smile on her face as she turned to Jamie again, crouching down and covering the occurrence in the background with her body.

"Jamie, do you want to recite the magic words together?" 

Jamie only nodded, confused the shouts and screams at the background. The flame glowed brighter as the orange light overshadowed the woman. The woman just smiled as she closed her eye with her hands clutched together. Oblivious to the situation, Jamie did the same action as the woman took, closing her eye and hand clutched together. They both recited the word that is somehow foreign, yet somehow the word came out smoothly from her mouth.

"Quan Protectio: Hyane fortuno."

Hyane....? Wait, is that-!!

Jamie snapped opened her eyes with surprised as the woman smiled wearily. Her body was returned to the twenty-one-year-old body as she froze in place. A luminous magic circle appeared under Jamie's feet as her body start to glow. The woman reached out to Jamie's face as she spoke with gentleness.

"You have grown so much, Jamie."

"Mother...."

Tears started to form at the corners of her eyes as she let out of Jamie. Jamie who had tears at the corners of her eyes quickly reached out for Hyane, yet Jamie wasn't able to touch her as her body had slowly become transparent and gradually changed into fragments, raised into the air. Her mother gently brushed her hair as she gently smiled.