Chapter 39: It's time to decide

"Fwu~ my magic is really coming back."

Decided to took a shortcut back to the Sun bar, Jamie jumped over the rooftops to test out her current strength. Half of her strength is still restricted from the other seal that was placed on her back, yet she could perform basic healing magic and 'water' magic like when she's a teen. The only difference between her teenage magic is that at the moment Jamie has more control and experience on her magic. She sat on one of the rooftop near Sun Bar to confirm her current status then looked around for the confirmation of the street near Sun Bar. She leaped forward and landed on the street quietly, stealthy walked into the Bar.

The door was opened with a gentle jingle of the bell hanging at the side of the door. The lavender candle that were in the lamps of the bar were lit and the sweet odour of lavender created this homily atmosphere. The bar was not crowded due to the tiredness of the frenetic audience of the Grand Magic Games.

"Oh, Quin, you're back?" The master of the bar, her employer, greeting the woman with a warm smile. Jamie decided to sit down at the counter with a wearying smile. With her eyes unfocused, the question that Minerva had spoken had made her guilty on meeting up with the Fairy Tail members in the Ryuzetsu Land. The guilt of lying about her identity and the guilt of abondoning her guild made her miserable. Both guild are precious towards her yet she had to decide to leave one of them. Sighing again as she noticed a glass of beer was laid in front of her. Tracing the owner of the hand that laid the beer down was the owner of the bar, an old man with a moustache smiling fondly at her.

"Want to share about this struggle that you are having now?"

"How do you know?"

"Whenever you have something that is bothering you, you will sighed a lot."

Giggling at the owner's direct approach, Jamie picked up the glass of Brandy and tilted the glass, letting the liquor into her throat. She then let down the glass and explain her situation to the owner. With the experience of working with him for a few months, she trust the owner is not a person who will spilled her secret out, so she tell him everything. The owner laid down the glass that he's wiping, answering her question with a weary smile.

"you are about to choose between the two guilds?"

"Yes, they are both important for me, so for asking me to choose between the two guild....it's a difficult choice."

"So why will you do? When the time had come, you need to make a choice, not choosing is not a choice anymore."

"I know but..."

Jamie then remained silent as she struggled upon the same situation.

"Let's turn our perspective, which side needs you the most?"

Jamie pondered with her eyes focused on the glass. Fairy tail proper will do well without her as her presence in Fairy Tail was rather low, despite that she know how important she is within the Thunder God Tribe, her magic wasn't able to support them that much. In another way, Sabertooth is in a critical situation that the guild is at the peck of breaking apart. Without her, the guild was dominated with power-hungry mages, discrimination and criticism was laid upon all the member within the guild. It's evident that her existence had a huge impact towards the guild.

"Guess you already have your answer?"

"But still...."

"What is your reason to leave Sabertooth in the first place? Do you just leave because you want to see the members? Or is it some kind of plan that you have? What is your aim?"

My aim.

Jamie stared at the ice cubes in the glass, attentively listened to the owner's advice. Her eyes glimmered within the room and came into realization.

That's right. I left Sabertooth is for the sake of the growth of my guild. Despite that joining Fairy Tail is not part of my plan, I was determined to leave the guild behind, wishing them to grow independently, without my support.

Jamie's eyes held a certain hesitation, with her action, she might hurt a lot of her former guildmates' feeling. The owner held a stern expression as his tone was slightly scolding at Jamie.

"The decision you are making here is related to the mages in Sabertooth. It's not just one person matter, it's about the whole guild. Pick up your responsibility as a guild master and get the hang of yourself. What kind of bullshit that you are making for leaving your guild behind and joined Fairy Tail?"

With he displease eyes, he glared at the woman as she flinched under his glare.

"Fairy Tail is like a family to you, but Sabertooth is the place that needs you. Without you, it's in a collapsing state. You better go back and get all these troubles away as quickly as possible."

The owner then turned away and walked away, leaving one final reminder to Jamie.

"Also if you think beneath the surface, the way that Sabertooth need you to help rebuild its original state, this represented that you make a belonging within the guild, which in some way make that you are also a family member of Sabertooth?"

After hearing owner's reminder, she let out a chuckle.

Why am I hesitating? Maybe deep inside I don't want to accept the fact that Fairy Tail is no longer the Fairy Tail I had wanted for. Everyone is moving on and Sabertooth is waiting me to go back.

Jamie held the glass up and gulped down the remain Brandy. She then stood up as her eyes were clear. The mystic blue was then revealed as a tint of purple glimmered within the waves of blue.

Learn to accept and move on. I need to go back to Sabertooth.

_______________________________________

"Is Quin alright, Lucy?"

A certain blonde with a lighting scar on his right eye asked with his voice filled with uncertainty. Lucy and the guild were in Ryuzetsu Land, an water park where all the people in the capital could enjoy water activities here. The Fairy Tail members were enjoying themselves while a certain dragon slayer couldn't help to wonder the well-being of Quin, Lucy's 'cousin'. Lucy whose heading to the pool with Erza, was stopped by Laxus who had his hand in his swimming trucks.

Lucy blinked before she smiled brightly at Laxus before replying his question.

"She's fine. She may need to rest for a few days before rejoining the group."

Laxus then nodded and turned away, secretly letting out a sigh of relief. Lucy, on the other hand, smiled brightly as the smile on her face become a bit creepy. Erza staring at Lucy questioned about the question that Laxus is asking.

"Oh! He's asking about my cousin. Quin had a weak body today and collapsed in the middle of the competition."

"Is she alright?"

"Yep, but it might take a while for her to recover, so she wouldn't be joining us for a while."

"That's great, at least she's not at a bad condition. But it's a rare sight."

"What is?"

"The fact that Laxus is that worried about your cousin. I wonder if Laxus is taking a liking to her."

Lucy's smile widen as she answered.

"I don't think it's not just taking a liking."

"What do you mean, Lucy?"

"Hm~Nothing specifically~"

I could totally see them walking down the aisles together.