Chapter 38: Comparison of two guilds

"What's with the blue glow just now?"

Jamie who sat up from her lying position with a weary smile. With her hands on the necklace, she whispered the answer to Minerva's question.

"It's my mother's magic."

"Your mother? I thought you said that she had passed away....."

"She stored some of her magic within my necklace and activated when my body and mental state was severely damaged or harmed."

"Oh...."

Minerva who had her hands crossed stood beside the bed and meekly nodded her head. In the spacious room, Minerva and Jamie were the ones remained. Lucy had left due to her prior promised with the girls in Fairy Tail to the newly opened swimming pool around the area. Jamie was planning to go along with Lucy as she had recovered, yet was firmly rejected by Lucy.

"I don't want you to come and suddenly faint in the swimming pool. Besides, you can't hide her magic in your current state, right?"

With that logical reason that retorted by Lucy, Jamie could only sigh in disappointment. She was excited when she heard that all Fairy Tail members are heading to the swimming pool, yet with her current state, she will be exposed.

"Why are you sighing?"

"Well, I can't go to the swimming pool without not finding out about my identity, Besides- "

"You mean you couldn't get a chance to see your beloved lightening dragon slayers' half-naked body, isn't that a bit regretful?"

"Wha-"

WIth her eyes widen in surprised, Jamie turned to her side with her flushed red face. Minerva interrupted the sentence with a mischievous smirk on her face.

"What's what? Are you're not excited to see his half-naked body with his swimming pants in the swimming pool?"

"THAT'S NOT THE REASON BEHIND MY INTEREST IN GOING TO THE WITH LUCY!!"

Well. Not entirely.

Jamie turned her head aside as a pout resonating on her lips. She knew that she's excited to see Laxus in swimming trunks, revealing the six-pack abs and firmed muscles on his shoulders. Despite his arrogant attitude, Jamie can't deny that he has a sexy body, which at the same time attract attention from the female population. 

"You know you can leave to the room with your current strength. If you head west from here, the swimming pool is where they were. If you go now, you can probably get a glimpse of his sexy half-naked body. "

"I TOLD YOU THAT IT'S NOT THE REASON WHY I WANT TO GO TO THE POOL!!"

Panting from screaming, Jamie glared at Minerva along with her blushed face. Minerva who saw her reaction widen her smile on her face as if she was enjoying the sight of her frustrated guild master. Recollecting herself by slapping her cheeks, she then turned to Minerva with a solemn look, which Minerva straightened up as a response.

"How's things going on here?"

"Everything had gone worse, its only time until Marvin completely brainwash the members with his power as what has that man had did."

"Is that so..."

"When are you coming back? We can't hold it up much longer with Sabertooth's current state. I'm being monitored by the Marvin's trusted clansman, while some of the members were stripped off their guild marks, wandering throughout the city."

"Did you give them some money before they left? Or telling them that I'm still alive?"

"I did give them some money, but I didn't tell them that you're still alive."

"Did Sting do anything to help the guildmates that were being sent away?"

"No. Nothing at all. He just stood at the side, watching them being sent away."

With one hand massaging her forehead, Jamie could only sigh at disappointment. She had expected that Sting would take action for his guildmates that were going to be sent away, rebelling against the people that made the other's family apart, just like a certain pink-haired man that protected his friend at all cost.

Maybe I expected too much. Sting and Natsu are different in the first place, besides why am I trying to make Sting to be Natsu in the first place? 

Minerva whose been at her side watching Jamie for a while as she sighed. 

"I know that you are trying your best to make Sabertooth similar to Fairy Tail, but you know we, Sabertooth can never be like Fairy Tail."

Jamie blinked her eyes opened as she turned her head to Minerva, who only looked at her with her cold eyes. Minerva knew from the beginning of Jamie's leadership in the guild that Jamie was trying to recreate Fairy Tail with Sabertooth. As it seems to be a good idea, giving a sense of belonging to the members in this cold, 'survival of the fittest' guild, yet Jamie had too much expectation on the guildmates on becoming similar to the people in Fairy Tail. For people in Fairy Tail, losing a member may seem like losing a family member, yet this is Sabertooth. The guildmates mindset is different and only thought that the system of the guild had rotated back to it used to be. Minerva turned her head away from Jamie as she walked to the door. 

"I know you would come back to Sabertooth because of the position that you hold and I know how Fairy Tail held a special position in your heart. If you need to choose between Fairy Tail and Sabertooth, are you sure that you will join Sabertooth's side?"

Gently closing the door, Minerva had left Jamie alone in the room, giving her some personal space to think over the words that she had mentioned. Jamie stared at the closing door while feeling somehow conflicted in her on her chest. 

Which side are you going to choose, Jamie? 

Clutching on to the blanket, twitched her eyebrows, she couldn't decide. She knew that she had to come back to Sabertooth to lead the guild, yet Jamie knows that Fairy Tail is the place that she wanted to go back. If one day, the two guilds need to fight against each other, which side will she choose? 

Jamie sighed as she stood up from the bed and head to the opened, staring at the full moon hung in the starry night sky. 

Which side are you going to choose, Jamie? 

"I don't know, but I'm sure I will give you an answer later."

She then jumped off the window, leaving the room.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Outside the room

"So at the end, she's still going to the swimming pool."

Minerva whose been standing outside, lending on the door smirking at the figure to just left her room. She then turned around walking to the main hall with a smile on her face. 

I wonder when she will become honest about her feelings.