Chapter 40: Exposure

"Everyone seems to have so much fun."

Witnessing the younger generation enjoying themselves in Ryuzetsu Land, Mavis gleeful nodded her head. She was naturally happy seeing that Fairy Tail still working as a great guild. The mentality of helping each other within the guild was deeply rooted within the hearts of each mage in the guild. How can she not be happy when she seeing the younger generation mage protecting, believing in each other?

The smile on Mavis face never left her face until a sudden sensation that make her froze. Makarov whose at her side the whole time, realised the expression on the First guild master's face had somehow changed, spoke out.

"Is there something wrong, Shodai?"

"This magic..... are they nearby?"

Mavis immediately left the pool and head to the source that produce this kind of magic waves. At the entrance, a woman with her usual blue hair dyed into violet and her brown contact were removed, revealing the crystal blue eyes, walked into the Ryuzetsu Land. She wore a black bikini with small flowers pattern and a white jacket covering her head and body. Kicking her slippers, she walked into the water park in search of a certain group of people.

An abrupt sense of magic coming from the left side make the woman stopped walking. A child-like girl with long blond wavy hair gracefully jumped down to the side of the woman. Behind her, there's a certain old man with a flower shirt chasing behind her. Breathing heavily as if he had not exercised for ages, he bend down to let more oxygen in his lungs as he slowly let the words out of his lips.

"S-Shodai, w-what's the rush?"

Mavis ignored Makarov and stared at the woman with purple hair. Slowly approached the woman, her eyes revealed a solemn gaze. When she stopped in front of the woman, she opened her month as the serious tone come out of her mouth.

"Why do you such magic power, Quin?"

With his eye widen, Makarov took a better look at the woman in front of him. Because the magic levels are too different that cause Makarov mistaken as another person. Quin smirked as she let the hood off her head, revealing the same facial features as Quin had.

"As expected, I can't go under your sense of magic, Shodai."

With her voice filled with amusement, she held her arms crossed as if she had already predicted the arrival of the first Fairy Tail Master.

"Why do you have the extinct clan's magic within you, Quin?"

Mavis let out a solemn look as the tone of her voice darkens. Makarov then held a hard glance at the purple-haired woman.

"The extinct clan, you mean the Ranquan clan right, Shodai?"

"The Ranquan clan has a special magic wave that was different from normal mage. Their magic is specialised in control the atoms within the area as their magic wave reflected the uniqueness of their magic. So why do you process this kind of magic? I had heard the clan had been extinct as the massacre happened seventeen years ago."

Quin had her eyes widen then mellowed down to a smile, revealing the happiness that someone pay attention to the extinction of her clan. She then crouched down to the same eye-level as Mavis.

"Well, I'm part of Ranquan clan, Shodai."

"Then show me proof that you have the Ranquan's blood."

Firmly believed the facts that were laid down from her fellow younger generation, Mavis glared at the woman. Jamie could only sigh and stood up walked away with a waving hand, signalling them to follow.

"It's not something I should do in public. Let's find a place that has less people."

Following the woman to the back of the water park, a wall covering the figures of the three mage, Jamie finally stopped and turned towards them. She trust that Mavis and Makarov was not the type of person that exploited her identity, so she revealed the definitive evidence for her identity. With her eyes closed, she focused on the magic current within her body, letting the magic flow to her hands as she recited the words.

"Ranquan magic: the book of Quan"

Within the few spell words, a huge magic circle appeared beneath the feels of the three mages. Makarov immediately went into defensive mode as he stood in front of Mavis, intended to protect her with all cost. Mavis was alarmed but wasn't tense as she sees a blue-coloured tome appeared in front of Jamie. The book was placed in front of Jamie as Jamie immediately laid her hand on the cover of the book.

"Identifications confirm: Jamie Quintana."

The book glowed with traces of blue pattern appeared on the covers of the book. The monotone voice echoed through the area as the book identified the person in front of it. The book then revealed the context as it opened itself without anyone touching it.

"The book of Quan...."

Mavis who couldn't control the astonishment within her while recognising the origin of the book. Her brain was filled with the knowledge from the library during her childhood, therefore she could immediately identify the book. The magic within the book had a recognition magic that only react to people who was recorded in the book of Quan or the descendants of Ranquan. It's a device that could identify the person consisting the blood of Ranquan. In such way, it also proved that Jamie is a legitimate descendants of the Ranquan clan. Mavis nodded her head as she acknowledged her identity while Makarov felt like a lighting struck when he hear the name.

Jamie Quintana....Jamie.....don't tell me!!?

Eyes widen in realization, Makarov couldn't believe the thirteen years old brat had grown into a full-grown woman. Despite the two had some resemblance, he still couldn't realised the whole time they were with Jamie. Noticing the surprised glance from the fairy tail third guild master, Jamie could only mellowed to a smile in reply. She then reopened the magic circle to store the book of Quan safety and gave both of the Fairy Tail Master a smile. With her right hand over her left shoulder, she bowed in sincerity.

"Allow to re-introduce myself again. My name is Jamie Quintana, the last survivor of Ranquan clan and a former member of Fairy Tail."

She then raised her head, smirking at the surprise faces in front of her and add another bomb in her speech.

"Might as well noted that I'm the Sabertooth second guild master."