Chapter 20: Hold onto Hope

Chapter 20

Hold onto Hope

I ran to the bridge. I let all of my tears flowed.

I lay down. This is it.. This is the time to give up completely.. I knew it, retrieving Yuri is only a wishful thinking of mine..

I should've realized that it is entirely impossible..

I'm such an idiot.. A guy like me doesn't deserve to be happy anyway..

This is my punishment for all the bad things that I've done.

I've had enough..

I can't continue anymore..

No more..

No more...

I felt exhaustion as I closed my eyes. I am foolishly in love with Yuri..

I'm such an idiot..

Slowly, my consciousness fades.

------

I woke up on the bridge that I was laying on. Have I fallen asleep?

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming from the other side of the bridge. My attention was caught by its sound so, I looked at the direction where it was coming from.

A vivid figure of a human appeared.

Could it be.. Yuri?

No.. The figure is tall, masculine and had broad shoulders.

Then, slowly, the image became clear.

What..?

Me?

"Who the hell are you?!" I asked angrily.

He slightly chuckled and gave a grin.

"Are you an idiot? I am, you." He replied.

"The hell?! What are you doing here?!Why are there two of myself?!" I asked.

He chuckled again.

"I am a pigment of your imagination." He replied.

He looks exactly the same as me but, his eyes are quite fierce, frightening, and also full of bravery.

"What do you want from me? State it now." I said.

"I am here to negotiate with you. You know, lately, you've been crying and it really irritates me. What the hell is your problem?" He asked with a glare.

"I don't care about you. Plus, you don't know how it feels to be hurt." I said turning back.

"The way you act is not usually yourself. Me being you.. I don't like it. I am not a crybaby, coward piece of crap like you." He said with a smirk.

He's chuckling. I know it, he's ridiculing me. It got me irritated so, I rushed towards him to punch him.

"Oh." He dodge my attack.

He really pisses me off.

"Too slow, too slow. Ahh, this sucks. You're too weak." He smirked.

"Shut up! you're just an illusion!" I tried to kick him.

Suddenly, he disappeared.

"So what if I am?" He whispered behind me.

I quickly moved away from him.

"You're such a loser. The real Hayato Shinosuke should be me because I am strong, I was born a winner. Not like you, a stupid weakling. You fail at everything."

He disappeared again.

"Especially love." He whispered behind me.

"Get away from me!" I shouted.

"Maybe, I should take over your body so, you'll return to your usual self. That'd be more fun!" He said chuckling.

Suddenly, he disappeared. My head unexpectedly pounded so hard. Shoot! It hurts!!

"Hey, Loser. Can you here me? Hahahaha! I'm inside your body, right now." He said.

"Get out!!" I commanded.

"Oh, what's this? Yuri, is the girl you love, right? How interesting. You're giving up on her? Hahahaha! What a fool!" He laughed.

"S-Shut up!!!" I yelled.

"Oh, her boyfriend is indeed handsome, smart, and looks so professional. Unlike you, just a pile of crap that should be disposed off immediately. Hahahaha! How pitiful!" He laughed and made fun of me.

"Get out of my head!! I don't need you! Get away from me!!!!" I shouted in pain.

"Well, it's better if you give up on her. After all, she's the reason why you are becoming weak. You don't need her at all. I miss the times when I dominate everything." He said.

"Well, currently, you are throwing your feelings away, right? Like before, you don't need love." He chuckled.

Ugh.. My head hurts!

"But, wait. Define 'Give Up'."

Huh? Give up.. That is stop continuing, isn't it?

"Oh no, that isn't in my dictionary. Since when did I, you ever give up? I wouldn't want to ruin my pride." He chuckled.

"But, you don't understand my situation! You don't know how it hurts to lose someone you loved so dearly!" I shouted covering my ears.

"Haah? What the hell are you talking, about? Why are you even so obsessed with that girl? She's not that special. I mean, as you can see, she's got a heart illness. Stupid. Liking her is useless." He said with an irritated tone.

"Don't dare talk bad about her! Loving her is never useless! I don't care if I'm so obsessed with her! I can't help it! Call me stupid or what! I don't care! I really do love her!" I said.

Then, he laughed. Urrrgh! My head hurts!!

"If you're so in love with her that it drives you crazy, then why are you giving up? Isn't giving up means that you'll have to let go of something and to stop continuing? Then, all that you've done will be useless. Think things through, idiot." He said.

"But.. I don't have a chance anymore. She can't remember me and she has a boyfriend beside her.. What am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"Oh, is that so? However, I'm telling you this. I don't wanna end up a coward, useless, loser like you. I'm gonna take this body completely and I assure you, I will get what I want." He said in a furious tone.

My head started hurting again.

"Ughh!!" I placed my hands on my head as I moaned in pain.

"No! I won't let you!!" I shouted as I struggled.

"I am the only one who loves Yuri this much! You can't make her happy! You don't deserve it!! I will fight you!!" I shouted.

"Shinosuke, Shinosuke. You shall suffer until her days are through. But, all for that you gain an eternal love. She maybe has a time limit but what you have has infinite. Shall you regret it? no you won't for all has known your feelings are the strongest. Overcome cowardice that makes you weak. As long as you love, you will never lose. Treasure your moments with her and you'll never regret, you'll never have to let go of something. I, as yourself, am expecting you to become strong. Do not fail me."

Suddenly, my eyes opened and it felt like I was pulled back to reality.

I placed my hand on my head. Was.. I actually conversing with my conscience?

He said that Yuri has a limit.. Which means, her illnesses were real?

If that's so, I really won't give up on her. I won't cry. I won't be a coward anymore.

I will fight for my love for Yuri. I will give her happiness.

End of Chapter 20

Love For Eternityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें