Chapter 8: Parted Ways

Chapter 8

Parted Ways

Yuri left me alone... She didn't even come back..

Is this really a farewell for us?

I still love you, Yuri.. You just wouldn't let me tell you the reason I can't grant you a kiss on your lips..

There's not a day where I forget about our memories. Even when I'm training I would always remember you cheering me on..

Now that you're gone.. What should I do? Should I continue living? What would happen to me?

My uncle seems pleased now that we're separated...

I want to see you...

Everyday, I would spend my life on the field, practicing without you.. I can't continue without you..

My team wins every match but, they're meaningless without you... Maybe I should just die..

I went to the kitchen. I took a knife and aimed it at my chest. Since, I can't take you back.. I can just die. I gave a faint smile.

If I die, I'll watch over and I can see you already from the heavens... I'm happy with just that.. I want to see you so badly, Yuri..

I took the knife up. But, suddenly, my uncle snatched the knife from me.

"What do you think you're doing?!!!" He asked angrily.

"Give it back!" I said as I tried to take it back.

He punched me really hard.

"Snap out of it!" He yelled.

I glared at him.

"Why are you doing this?! I wanna die and go to heaven! Then, I can watch Yuri from above!!!" I shouted.

"Are you stupid?!! Do you think you'll go to heaven just like that?! Are you sure you can watch over her?! You can't! You'll go to hell because you've committed suicide and you'll never watch over her!!" He yelled back.

I hate to admit it but, he's right..

"Just how much do you love that girl?" He asked.

"My love for is more many than the sand. My love is infinite.. My love for her is eternal.." I replied crying.

"If you love her that much, change your goals. Become a prodigy for her." Uncle said.

"You're kidding, right? There's no way I could do that.."

"You said, your love for her was eternal? Then, are you giving up?"

I shake my head giving a no as a reply.

"Fine, I'll do it. I'll become a prodigy for her.." I said.

I felt spirit returned to me.

After 3 years, I've already grown so much and I'm always the leader at every sport match. And, Yuri hasn't shown even once..

I'll keep on waiting..

One day, I was doing my usual jogging. I suddenly heard some ruckus. I saw a girl being harassed by some delinquents.

I chuckled evilly. I have some trash disposing to do.

I went over those guys.

"What are you all doing?" I asked.

"H-Help! Please help me!" The girl cried.

"What do you want, punk? Do you wanna get torn out into pieces?" The delinquent guy said.

"How about I tore your face right now?" I asked.

"Are you picking a fight?!!"

"Well, obviously." I replied.

"You bastard!!!"

One of them approached me. His jab is wide open. Sorry but, you're going down.

I moved my body to the side and made a counter attack by punching his ribs and punching his face.

"B-Boss!"

The other delinquents approached this bastard. Oh, he fell unconscious. Since I train my body, nothing can stop me.

"Who's next?" I asked.

"This damn brat!"

"Get him!"

They simultaneously came at me. I evaded their attacks and beat them into a pulp.

"Bunch of trashes." I exclaimed as they were all in pain.

I turned to the girl. Well, she looks rich and I think she's going to the same middle school as me because she was wearing the same uniform.

"Go home. This isn't a place for you." I said.

"U-Um, T-Thank you.. for saving me." She bowed her head.

"I didn't save you. I just felt like fighting out of the blue." I said coldly.

"Y-You're Hayato Shinosuke-san, right? I owe you." She said.

"No need. Like I said, I just felt like fighting out of the blue."

I started walking away. I fought some scumbags but, the loneliness and sadness didn't even fade..

It is only Yuri who is able to make me happy.. I miss you, Yuri...

Please come back to me..

I want to see you...

End of Chapter 8