Chapter 16: Shin's Despair

Chapter 16

Shin's Despair

No way.. Yuri is dead?

No! That can't happen!

"Check your files again! Don't joke around with me!" I made a loud bam on the table with my palm angrily.

"B-But, it was stated here that she already passed away--"

"What's with this stupid place?! There's no way that Yuri is dead! She's alive!!!" I yelled angrily.

I unavoidably caught the guard's attention. He went towards me and stopped me from being to angry.

"Please don't disturb the peace of the hospital." He said.

"But, it's fine to complain, right? Your hospital sucks! Arrange your files neatly, dammit!!" I shouted.

"Please come with me, outside of the hospital." He said.

"Tell me Yuri's room first! I have to see her!"

"That patient already died three months ago so, please stop making a ruckus here."

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was our teacher.

Me: What?

Sensei: Hayato-kun, I have a very bad news...

Me: What is it?

Sensei: It's about Ayumi Yurika.. My friend told me that.. she already passed away due to a congenital heart disease..

Me: No! That's not true! Yuri is alive! Why can't you understand that?!

Sensei: I know it hurts, Hayato-kun.. My condolences.. but, we have to accept the truth.. Her grave is located at Hogotenshi Memorial park..

My eyes were watery and teary. I made a tight grip on my phone trying to endure the pain I'm bearing right now..

"Tch..!" I exclaimed.

I ran at full speed. I looked for the Hogotenshi Memorial Park around Osaka.

I went inside and there stood.. Yurika's grave.. It was specially placed at the center with many white roses..

I went towards it. I felt weak as I saw Yuri's name embalmed on it..

I fell into my knees and my tears started streaming down from my eyes to my cheeks.

I touched its grave stone.

"Yuri.. Come back.. I don't want to believe that you're already not by my side.. No.. I can't stand this.."

"Yuri.. I'm so sorry.. I know everything was my fault.. If only, I gave you that kiss.. We would never have to part.. If only, I listened to you.. I understand that I am to blame for everything.. For all this time, I was being worthless.."

"I only waited and waited until you return but, never tried to look for you.. I'm such a fool, Yuri.. I'm useless.. In my current state, I don't even deserve to talk to you.."

"I know you already despise me.. so, punish me, torture me, hurt me! I don't care about what happens to me anymore.. I won't ask for forgiveness but, I want to say sorry for everything I've done to you.."

"And most of all.. It is not true that I did not love you.. The truth is, I've loved you more than anything else in this world.. I've loved you more than my life and my family.. Please believe.. I want you to know how much I've loved you through all these years..."

Tears fell on the white roses. Right now, I can't even explain how much pain and misery I am feeling..

I just want to believe that this is all a nightmare and when I wake up, Yuri is back with me..

But, I know that will never happen because this is reality!

Reality really is cruel.. Why does my destiny end up like this? Does the God hate me or something?

What have I done wrong to anger the Gods this much?

What have I done wrong for them to take Yuri away from me?

Ugh.. If.. If only I was the one who was taken instead...

Many days have passed and I never smiled and my eyes were always exhausted, crying all day and night..

There was not a single minute where I didn't think about Yuri..

Sitting on the grass and thinking about Yuri, tears were falling all over my cheeks.

This is it.. I've given up.. No hope.. No light.. No Yuri...

"What are you doing there?"

I turned to the person who was speaking and it was, Hoshina Yurika..

"W-Woah! Y-You're crying?!" She exclaimed.

I realized that tears were falling.. I quickly wiped them.

"Leave me alone." I said with a shaky voice.

"Wait, what's wrong? I mean, you look lame right now. Hahaha, that was a joke! Cheer up!" She said patting my back.

"How could I ever cheer up?" I faced her.

"Eh?"

"I just lost something very precious.. so, do you expect me to just smile like nothing ever happened?" I asked a little irritated.

"Well, you know, past is past. And, like regretting it is useless so, give it up! You know, guys who cry easily look like gays. Hahahaha! I'm kidding--"

"What do you know?!! Do you even know what you are talking about?!! So, you're saying that, I should not cry nor regret even if the girl I love for so many years passed away three months ago like it was nothing?!!!" I yelled angrily.

"I was just trying to cheer you up--"

"You're useless right now!! You haven't even experienced love so, don't act like everything can be solved by just letting it go!!!"

*Slap!*

I was slapped on my cheek by Hoshina.

"What the hell with you.. Just saying all you want and not even considering about my situation.. I have someone I loved too and I know what it means to be hurt!! Are you taking me for an idiot?!! I am in pain for all these years because I was betrayed by the person I loved!! Don't act like you're the only victim here, you idiot!!!!" She yelled back at me angrily.

Her tears were also falling as she rans away vexedly.

I place my head on my palms in frustration. Oh, Damn it..

What is happening?

End of Chapter 16