Chapter 9: Six Years of Separation

Chapter 9

Six Years of Separation

(Hayato Shinosuke)

(Soccer game on going)

"Hayato, the Killer Ace of Jousei High is going for the win!!"

(Crowd's cheering)

(The soccer ball kicked by Hayato went in)

"GOAL!!!"

This is what I have become.

"Another amazing score by Jousei's Lion Ace!!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

(Drives the ball into the goal)

"Jousei High Won!!!!"

(Crowd's cheering)

"Jousei High is invincible! Amazing! They've defeated the defending champion, the Rozaku High!"

Our school is gaining so much popularity for sports and music. We have just won a championship match with Rozuka High. It's been 6 years since, I was still a snot nosed kid.

"Our rising MVP, The Killer Ace of Jousei High!" The announcer held my arm high up.

"Ha-Ya-To!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

"Ha-Ya-To!"

I've gained much popularity too from playing sports. Our team has always been winning these days. And, I have become the sports prodigy that my uncle wanted me to.

However, my dream was never granted. That is because, my father passed away 2 years ago.

As I grow up, I have always believed that my dream will never be achieved.

But, I still have another.

My dream is to be with Yuri again.. I want to meet her so badly.

We've lost all contacts and I have never seen her in six whole years.

But, she is still and will always be lingering in my heart.

I've been thinking, I think it's also impossible..

As time passes by..

Little by little..

That dream starts to fade away...

How many years do I have to wait for you?

I can't laugh without you..

I can't lift a single smile without you..

Even a fake smile is impossible for me without you...

I miss you..

I long for you..

I love you, Yuri..

Please come back to me..

If.. If it's impossible.. then, I.. would likely give up..

But, I can't do it now. Just a little longer..

I'll wait for you...

---At The Bridge---

Here I am walking my way to the bridge. This bridge is not used already for 3 whole years.

It was already abandoned and no one comes and passes here but me. I let out a sigh.

I'm already 15, 2nd year student in Jousei High. It might be a bit rare for a 15 year old guy like me to be a 2nd year student. I'm in 2nd year because I was accelerated.

And there have always been a special class for exceptional student like me in Jousei High. We were taught special lessons after all our activities and other classes. It's necessary for the success of our future.

I don't really pay much attention to that. I often skip it and go here instead.

I maintained its features and beautiful scenery for this place is very important to me. I believe, in this place, Yuri.. will come back. Right.. Yuri will come back someday..

I lay down and took my phone out. I look at the pictures and began reminising our happy events again.

There's a picture of us, smiling. I wonder... When will this happen again?

Oh, a red mole on Yuri's collar bone? I have never noticed that. I zoomed it in.

It's a strange shape, it's not the usual circular.. It's like a tiny star?

That's very unusual. No wonder you're very unique and wonderful.

I looked at my side and saw that padlock again. It brings back memories. Oh, look, our names have not yet vanished.

I can still remember that time..

I closed my eyes and remembered the past.

What a nice memory..

I wish that would last forever..

I felt a cold droplet rolling down my cheek.

Huh?

I'm crying?

Tears just blatantly roll over my cheeks and I can't stop them.

Damn! I never wanted to show this weak side to her.. I want to become strong so, I deserve her..

I hate this! I didn't decide to cry!

I put my arm over my eyes. I don't wanna cry..

(Footsteps..)

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. This bridge is supposed to be abandoned. I slightly moved my head to the side.

I saw a woman's figure..

Eh? Who's this?

She turned back and walked away again. I didn't see her face..

Who is she?

No one has ever passed here for 3 years already..

Who could she be? Is she connected to this bridge?

What a mysterious girl..

End of Chapter 9