Chapter 18: The Truth from the Rival's mouth

Chapter 18

The Truth from the Rival's mouth

I was staggering in the hall way as I felt weak, little by little. The pain was too much to bear..

Tears are starting to form out of my eyes..

"Hey!"

Someone called out from behind me. I looked back.

It's Yuri's current lover..

"Come with me, we need to talk." He said.

I sternly looked at him as I followed him silently. While moving on, Yuri appeared.

"W-Wait, Kaito-kun!" Yuri called.

She held her lover's sleeve. She looks worried. Her lover, Kaito caresses her head gently. They were talking about something, flirting in front of me.

Looking at them fills me with jealousy so, I averted my eyes. I feel hurt.. How I wish I could do the same..

They are so close.. I feel so envious. I feel so irritated so, I walked away angrily.

"Losing your cool is a bit lame, dude. Keep your calm and wait till I finish talking with her." He said making me stop walking.

"Well, you better make it fast. I'm really impatient especially when I'm in a very bad mood." I said glaring at him, to the extent of showing my hatred through my eyes.

"Looks like, your eyes are about to stab a knife at me." He chuckled.

"I'd love to do that.." I mumbled.

"Well, I still need to talk to him. You can go home without me, Yurika. Keep safe." He said as he gently rubbed Yuri's head.

"Okay.. You too.." Yuri smiled.

This is making me want to cry and punch this bastard's face. Can't they a show a little respect towards me? Can't they keep their affectionate displays in private?

Can't they realize that they're really hurting my feelings so deeply?

Honestly, I want to cry because it hurts so much.. But, I won't show a face of sadness that would cause this guy to be cocky.

I followed him till we reached a coffee shop.

I ordered Black Coffee. He took a sip on his coffee.

"Start talking." I said.

He placed his cup down and looked at me.

"You are Hayato Shinosuke, correct?" He asked.

"Yeah, what about it?" I asked.

"You have grown." He smirked.

"What?" I exclaimed.

He took a cellphone out and showed me a picture of me and Yuri when we were still kids.

It's Yuri's phone!

"T-That's!--" I tried snatching it but, he moved his hand away.

"Easy." He said.

"Why do you have that?!" I asked angrily.

"It is clear from these pictures that you guys are childhood lovers, huh? Pretty interesting. How pure and how innocent it is." He chuckled.

"That's right so, you better leave--"

"Uh-uh, you think I'm just gonna let you have Yurika so easily? You have it wrong, brother. Let me tell you something about what happened during the time you two separated."

He cleared his throat and I suddenly became nervous.

"During those past few years, Yurika's parents died in a plane crash. They passed away while protecting her. Yurika, as one of the few survivors was adopted by her relatives. But then, she lost all of her memories during that accident so, all of the time you spent together were just an illusion of yours for her."

I flinched as I heard his story. Yuri's parents are dead? And, she lost her memory as well? I can't believe it..

"When we were holding an audition for musicians of the youth, she was one of the performers. At first, I see her as a very gloomy and lonely girl. She has a dark and a sad face. I thought she wouldn't really pass the auditions. But to my surprise, she performed spontaneously. I fell in love with her.. She played the piano with so much emotion that I was so surprised that someone like her can play so well."

Damn this guy.. Well, it can't be helped that Yuri is really adorable..

"Yurika possess so much talent that someone like you is not suitable for her. I, the heir of music company shall guide her and make her bloom more and more. Right now, I love Yurika and she loves me deeply as well. As soon as she grows up, I'll take her away as a bride. That's why, I'm telling you, leave us alone. Now that I told you about her condition, you are not allowed to speak even the tiniest bit of information to her. It will only create a bigger wound on her heart if she discovers that her parents are already dead. Please do consider and leave her in my care." He said with seriousness.

"Wait, before this conversation ends, why was there a grave meant for Yuri in the first place? She's alive!" I said.

"It's simple. It is to let the people close to her, that the entire Ayumi family is dead. The Ayumi Yurika you used to love is no longer around, she is already dead. That grave tells us that Ayumi Yurika is gone for good. She no longer exists. Give up on her Hayato-san. Right now, Hoshina Yurika is not Ayumi Yurika that you love. Do not bother her."

I kept silent. I don't know if I should endure this pain or let it out.

I can't stand this!

I slammed my palm on the table loudly. I got angry to the point of crying but, I didn't show him that I was crying.

"I'm going home." I said.

I stomped away angrily. I went to the special bridge. I sat down in frustration.

Is everything over already?

Is the time to give up on my unrequited love for Yuri?

Is everything in vain?

I kept on thinking those things as I felt really sad and frustrated. Why is this happening?

End of Chapter 18