Chapter 19: Behind Yuri's Facade

Chapter 19

Behind Yuri's Facade

(Hoshina Yurika)

I wonder if Kaito-kun and Hayato-kun are already done talking..

I started playing piano. I tried to concentrate into the piece but, I can't. Something is bothering me..

And it is, Hayato-kun.

His images repeatedly played inside my head as I played.

My heart was beating really fast.

I got annoyed and slammed my hand into the piano keys.

"Damn it.." I mumbled.

Suddenly, a score fell down. I picked it up and it was Pachebel Canon.

Images of Hayato-kun appeared again. I shove it off.

I can't concentrate on my piano. Hayato-kun just keeps on appearing in my head!

Suddenly, my phone rang. I answered it. It was from Kaito-kun.

Me: Hello?

Kaito: Yurika? Where are you right now?

Me: I'm at home. You told me to go home first, right?

Kaito: Yeah. Just wait, I'm coming over there.

Me: Okay..

I hanged up. Looks like something interesting is coming up.

After a few minutes, Kaito-kun arrived. I went towards him and welcomed him.

"Welcome, Kaito-kun." I said with a smile.

"Thanks. Um.. Can we talk?" He asked.

Just as expected.. I smirked.

"Sure. Come into my room." I said.

We went to my room. I locked the door to make sure no one interrupts.

"Are you parents present?" He asked.

"Nope. They're both at work." I answered.

"I see." He said.

I sat down on the bed. I crossed my legs and cleared my throat.

"So, how did it go?" I asked.

"Thought so. I knew you would ask that." He chuckled as he sits down on a chair.

He took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak.

"Regarding me and Hayato-san's conversation a while ago.. I can say, it was successful." He said.

Yes! My plan worked!

"Good job, Kaito-kun! I knew you were perfect for this role." I complimented.

"You mean, my role as a fake boyfriend." He said.

"You're quite a demon, aren't you? You're going as far as to act as if your memories are all gone." He said.

I smirked.

"I can't be help, can it? All that matters to me right now is revenge." I smirked.

"Ahh, this is getting troublesome." He complained.

"Come on, I was just getting to the good part. Tell me, what was his reaction?" I asked in excitement.

"From the whole that I was with him, his eyes were filled with sadness. He was angry too and so irritated. I felt guilty, you know? When he was about to leave.. What had a great impact on me was his tears. Although he didn't want to show me and it wasn't obvious, he was actually crying. I saw two droplets of tears on the table. I can tell that he was really hurt." He reported.

"Then, that's a great news!" I exclaimed.

Finally, I gained a step towards victory. My hard work bloomed something. This is really nice!

"I don't know but.. As a man, I can understand him. Don't you think it's going too far?" He asked.

"What are you talking about, Kaito-kun? That's not like you. You know what he did to me, right? Whose side are you on?" I asked angrily.

"Sorry about that. Of course, I'm always on your side. It's just that, I'm worried about you.. I mean, you only have a little time left.. It was a miracle for you to survive for 15 years of your life because of your severe heart disease. Don't you want to spend your time happily with him rather than revenge?" He asked.

I sighed in anger.

"Kaito-kun, didn't we talk about this before? I made up my mind that I'll spend my few days of life to gain my revenge. Didn't I tell you that I live to see his loneliness, sadness, and his despair? After what he did to me.. He was just playing around with my feelings. This time, the tables have turned. I'll make him suffer!" I said angrily.

He sighed.

"I get it. I can't argue with you.. However, are you really happy with that?" He asked worriedly.

"Of course! I'll be more than satisfied--"

"Is that what your heart says or is it only your mind?" He asked.

What the heck? I can't answer.. Whatever! I won't turn my back on this!

"What the heck are you talking about? I made up my mind so, just play along with it!" I said angrily.

"Chill, Yurika. Fine, I won't mess with your plan and just continue going with the flow. However, I'm telling you, don't regret it or you'll be the one hurt in the end.." He said as he left my room.

Hmph. Stupid Kaito. I felt a slight pain my chest.

Ow.. I took a tablet and gulped it in.

Phew..

I won't let my feelings be swayed no matter how someone persuades me.

However, I must say that the plan of making him remember his past lover was a huge success.

Being close to him and making him fell for me is also part of the plan. Who knows it was easy despite his cold attitude.

Revealing a false past to him was a major part of my plan as well, causing him to be hurt more.

Everything is going on smoothly. I wonder if breaking his heart is not enough.

What shall my next move be?

I giggled as I felt excited.

We'll see who suffers, Shin.

End of Chapter 19