Chapter 1: First Encounter

Chapter 1

First Encounter

Hayato Shinosuke, that's my name. I'm a 9 year old kid who only cares about sports and myself.

Frankly speaking, I am cold, ignorant, snob, and a distant guy. I hate associating with others. I don't need it to accomplish my one and only goal.

I believe that gaining success with your power alone is the best. That is my motto in life. The goal that I wanted to achieve was...

To be with my family again..

I was adopted by my uncle. You see, my father and mother got divorced when our business went bankrupt. It's all dad's fault for being irresponsible. However, I still love him for he was such a caring father.

My mother is lovable and thoughtful too that's why I love her so much. That can only be achieve once I had already satisfied my uncle. He wanted me to become a genius sports prodigy.

I train myself everday and almost exhaust to death. Sports was not really what I wanted to do.. I wanted to play music.. My father was the one who taught me how to play violin and on the other hand, my mother taught me piano.

I miss them both so much. I have to work hard to regain that happiness back.. To make sure I would accomplish that, I would ignore every unecessary thing in my life including music.

It was a rainy day As I do my usual jog, I came across the bridge and I heard a girl's whimpering. I got curious so, I went to take a look.

There was a girl crying on that bridge. I took a glance at her and the wound on her knee was bleeding quite severely. I should ignore her for she's unecessary.

I run past her and decided not to look back.

She looks the same age as me though. I wonder why she got that wound..

It's raining quite heavily, is she okay? What if she catches a cold?

What if some bad guy took her? Wouldn't that be my fault? Should I take a look back again? Geez, why do I worry for that girl?

Argh.. I can't concentrate at all. My conscience is killing me. I ran as fast as I could. As soon as I could get to her, I took my towel out from my backpack.

I gently patted her wound and tied it on her to stop the bleeding.

"Can you stand?" I asked as I offer my hand to her.

She took my hand and stood up. I led her to the nearest cottage and decided to wait till the rain stops. I remove my jacket and put it around her.

"I know it's wet from the outside but, it's better than nothing." I said.

She nodded and I see that she looks shy.

(Crashing sound of the thunder)

Aww, the rains got stronger. How stupid. I looked at her and she's quite frightened by the thunder. Hah, how pitiful.

"Are you scared?" I asked.

She looked at me. I sat along with her.

"If you're scared, don't be." I said.

She looked at me waiting for me to speak.

"I'm just here. We're together so, it's gonna be fine." I said.

Why do I feel like protecting her is necessary? How weird.. I don't need to do this at all.

"Say, are you feeling cold? I brought warm water here."